Need help - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need help
Sunday, June 26, 2011 5:47 AM
Was driving home last night and 02 2.2 cavalier seem to lose compression. Was doing about 45mph and pressed gas to switch lanes and felt funny( running rough). Made it a ways to a light almost came to stop could barely get car back to 25mph but got to a gas station where it stalled and would not crank back up. It turns over but that's all, did not get hot and nothing is leaking or mixed with oil. No smoke and no sounds that I could here except the engine either miss firing or running rough. Trying to get ideas of what it may be. I think it may be timing chain or crank position sensor but trying to figure out if I'm on the right path. Any help would be great help. Thanks

Re: Need help
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:13 PM
You need to verify if you have a spark issue or other, get a spark tester, or the red neck way and put a plug wire with either a spark plug in it or screwdriver and get it close to a ground and have somebody crank it to see if you get spark. If you don't have spark then look into your ICM or coils, possibly your crank sensor. If you have spark I would suspect a fuel issue. Try spraying some fuel into the intake box (NOT Ether. Ether = Bad for starting engines) if you can get it to run with fuel through the air box you definitely have a fuel issue. could be fuel pump or injectors, not sure if your car has a regulator. I don't think timing would change that much that quick but I guess it is possible but i would check these other things first... good luck
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search