Toyota Cavalier - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Toyota Cavalier
Monday, November 21, 2011 2:10 AM
Hey guys just wondering how many people on here have the actualy true TOYOTA CAVALIER. If you have pics please post i'm very interested. Looking forward to seeing your jdm cavaliers! Thanks again!

Re: Toyota Cavalier
Monday, November 21, 2011 4:16 AM
I believe there are two active members with toyota cavaliers.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, December 23, 2011 12:01 AM
I have a 1998 Z24, Black, Bone stock, o.k. condition....

Friday, December 23, 2011 12:24 AM
So cool! How much would one go for in that condition I wonder?
Friday, December 23, 2011 12:36 AM
ShadyCav wrote:So cool! How much would one go for in that condition I wonder?
IF someone were willing to sell one after all they went through to get it in the states, and IF someone knew what it was, and were willing to pay accordingly, bluebook of similar usdm +/-500.

street value? bluebook pf similar usdm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, December 23, 2011 12:36 AM

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, December 23, 2011 3:51 AM
As far as i know, only one person has ever successfully imported a Toyota cavalier in to the states.

two years back, someone else tried. They had all the money in the world, but it was blocked by customs...

Friday, December 23, 2011 5:33 AM
6 or 7 years ago a guy who used to be on here got a 4 door into customs. Then they cut it in half.

Friday, December 23, 2011 7:03 PM
I remember a black ones that was at every hot import nights I has at and also was at nopi I beleive.

Monday, December 26, 2011 10:41 AM
my cousin has one but that bastard wont ship in to canada for me lol, and yes he is in Japan lmfao

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Monday, December 26, 2011 9:45 PM
I was just looking on gmpartsdirect.com for Toyota Cavalier parts.
I have the part numbers of the tailights and fenders and side markers,but i cant seem to find them on that site.
Can somebody help me with this?
I really willing to buy some tailights in the next couple of months or so on.
Thanks!!

2002 CHEVROLET CAVALIER VL BASE SEDAN.

Monday, December 26, 2011 10:10 PM
K pal wrong subject and wrong thread. They dont make the lights anymore good luck.

Monday, December 26, 2011 10:17 PM
@!#$
I'll have to buy them used on Ebay then.
Sorry for the off-topic dude.

Monday, December 26, 2011 10:51 PM
There's a set for 140 shipped on eBay.

Monday, December 26, 2011 10:55 PM
Yes i know.
Damn they are really nice!!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 10:08 AM
Inb4theHATEDONEcomesinswinginghisJDMdong.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 3:10 PM
TheSundownFire wrote:Inb4theHATEDONEcomesinswinginghisJDMdong.

lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, December 30, 2011 10:08 AM
TheSundownFire wrote:Inb4theHATEDONEcomesinswinginghisJDMdong.

ha-ha nice one

First thing this question comes up at least once a year but let me break it down for you and take it how you want:

good luck on shipping one into the states you'll soon find out how our US Government works when they take the car and charge you a boat load of fines and then charge you with a Federal Felony! (Don't believe me go ahead and do it) As of right now NOTHING is coming in and if so your going to pay $$$!

For the blue book value BS you would get a car appraisal and you have (many) recipes to bring the value of the car has high as you can to cover for all the cost that is going to take place to bring the car into the states then make it street legal. (again Don't believe me go ahead and do it) And if your looking for a True TRD Cavalier forget! since I got this one by accident I have only found one other in all places Russia and there was no way for me to get it out of there.

If you're really looking for a Toyota Cavalier and have the cash to get one (Not Pipe Dreaming) I maybe able to help but again not sure the way things are now with US Customs who knows.

Here are some photos some are old and yes I know I need to take new photos just havent gotten to it (sorry)

TRD Cavalier:

Streetline Toyota Cavalier:

Here's some newer ones:

ps. Yes some of us old skools are still around just not on the site as much as in the past.

xbluex

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Friday, December 30, 2011 1:29 PM
As much as I joke I would like to see some more updates out of you.

Monday, January 09, 2012 9:33 AM
I love that black Toyota Cav...

You Must Be Fast, 'Cuz I Was Haulin' Ass When I passed You!!!
1999 Cavalier Z24 w/ Toyota Cavalier tail lights.
1988 Buick LeSabre T-Type
1983 Buick Regal T-Type
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5:19 PM
those cars are so fuggin ugly.

Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:34 PM
That black one is super nice! What Toyota motor is in that white one?

Monday, January 23, 2012 10:24 AM
I never understood why people wanted JDM cavies. The TRD kit is basically the only good looking kit for the car, the brake lights have amber, which looks dumb, and they RHD. RDH really really sucks to drive in a LHD country, forget ever passing someone on a non divided highway, or ever being able to properly do a drive up or toll both. And worst of all they are all automatics.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Friday, February 03, 2012 6:42 AM
RHD does totally blow to drive on LHD roads.

Once the novelty of "omg look he is driving on the other side of the car" wears off, its just an annoyance really.

PS. Whats up with the 3S-GTE swap in the Cav? I am assuming thats from a Celica?

Saturday, March 31, 2012 12:36 PM
Leafy wrote:I never understood why people wanted JDM cavies. The TRD kit is basically the only good looking kit for the car, the brake lights have amber, which looks dumb, and they RHD. RDH really really sucks to drive in a LHD country, forget ever passing someone on a non divided highway, or ever being able to properly do a drive up or toll both. And worst of all they are all automatics.

I agree with most of what you say, however I will disagree with drive-thru's. When I had a LHD car for 4 months (not a Jbody) I went through every drive through in reverse, the conversations people will have with you are fun. =D
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:10 PM
Don't hate me for asking this, but why can't we get these into the states? Simply the RHD? Something different in emissions?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search