Poor Man Mods - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Poor Man Mods
Friday, January 13, 2012 8:24 PM
I know how much you all hate poor man mods but look what I found guys.

Click here

Re: Poor Man Mods
Friday, January 13, 2012 8:25 PM
Sorry. Watch this

Friday, January 13, 2012 8:55 PM
where's the projectors?

Saturday, January 14, 2012 4:45 AM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:where's the projectors?

Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:27 AM
oh he's mad.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Sunday, January 15, 2012 9:46 AM
Yeah, that's it. We'll just "twist it around" like that. No solder, just electrical tape! Awesome!

Sunday, January 15, 2012 11:54 AM
Haha, that was my cav, and i didnt want projectors, im on a budget and the stock housing did just fine. oh and that "just twist it around" worked perfect. The lights are amazing.
Sunday, January 15, 2012 1:21 PM
Brad Wilson wrote:Haha, that was my cav, and i didnt want projectors, im on a budget and the stock housing did just fine. oh and that "just twist it around" worked perfect. The lights are amazing.

stereotypical j-body owner. you sir are exactly the kind of person to make me embarassed to drive these cars.

Sunday, January 15, 2012 1:59 PM
^^^^^ what he said

JBO since July 30, 2001
Sunday, January 15, 2012 2:32 PM
Brad Wilson wrote:Haha, that was my cav, and i didnt want projectors, im on a budget and the stock housing did just fine. oh and that "just twist it around" worked perfect. The lights are amazing.

so what happens in two days when the wires are exposed to atmosphere and they corrode?

also, your buddy stopped posting because his work is @!#$ty and he got called out on it. now you're posting that he's doing @!#$ty work on your car and you're PROUD of it? that's cool. enjoy your @!#$ty "budget" car.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, January 15, 2012 3:44 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:

stereotypical j-body owner. you sir are exactly the kind of person to make me embarassed to drive these cars.

I am not embarrassed of owning my cavalier or "j-body". I think it is kinda funny that Brad Wilson and Mike Fredereck decide to be dumb immature dumb@!#$s by making another stupid video. The ONLY good thing I can say is at least they posted a video that sucked... and not each other sucking... which I am sure goes on behind the camera.

Monday, January 16, 2012 2:08 PM
These aren't "Poor Man Mods" anyways. I'm "poor" in that I don't allocate much of my income to my car, but you bet your ass that when I DO buy parts or do work, I dont half-ass it.

Sure, my turbocharger is not "name brand" right now, but I ran 5psi through it for a year and beat on the car a LOT and it lasted. That said, when I build my motor this spring I will be upgrading to something that Im not afraid to make more power with. Also note that my cav is not my only vehicle so if the turbo DID go out on me it would not have been a big deal.

It doesn't take much to do the work correctly and make it look decent. Using the example of your electrical connection in here, you hacked it. ANYONE can hack @!#$ together, rich or poor. "we dont have enough room for 2 connections, so im just going to twist it onto my wiring for my subs". In my opinion, this should be a separate connection, which was fused. Im "poor" and that is how I would have done it. A longer bolt for the connection to the battery cost me $.50 at a hardware store. Done. (FYI, there is a 12+ Stud on the Fuse Box as well, bottom of it on the front)

I also like how you decided not to actually clip the fog light connector completely cause "its snug enough and there wont be tension on it". Really? You too poor to connect the connector all the way?

I LIKE the idea of "Poor Man Mods", but it looks like you have poorly executed the idea. "@!#$ we came up with and threw on the car with little effort" is more like what it actually is. Also your newest video is not complete. You say you're trying to help the community and show them how to do installs etc but you go from having stock lights to having the project done pretty much. How are the ballasts mounted? How are all the wires run?

The best advice I would give to someone who cant afford to do something the correct/best way possible is to evaluate whether waiting till they have the money is smarter than hacking something together and then paying to fix whatever breaks. Now you may say, my car has been fine since the day I bought it with all the mods I did. Super! I would not put money on that being the case for everyone you are "helping". If they're not versed enough to figure out the small tasks you have videos of, its a safe bet that their best work will make your already hacked work look like professional work and thats scary.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Monday, January 16, 2012 2:31 PM
LOL @ freelancer. These guys are clowns.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:03 AM
Mike wrote:
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:where's the projectors?

For someone who's trying to be helpful and run a site to help others you guys seem a tad salty due to being called out, on some of the cheap things you guys do. I'll agree with Matt Linke I don't allot myself a ton of money for my car, you just have to be smart about what you buy and keep an eye out for deals. Don't forget the douche windshield banner that says what type of car you drive, we wouldn't want you to forget.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:31 AM
I have no problem spending money to have something done right, because I know when parked next to @!#$ like that mine will stand out, and in a good way.

Idiots.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:49 PM
sorry I have to post this again, and I might post it in EVERY poor/wrong man mod forums postings as 90 percent of crap posted either lazy, dumb or just stupid so here it goes.........ready for it.............

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:52 PM
AJ B wrote:sorry I have to post this again, and I might post it in EVERY poor/wrong man mod forums postings as 90 percent of crap posted either lazy, dumb or just stupid so here it goes.........ready for it.............

Pure Win

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 9:56 PM
only time i ever just twist my wires is to test whatever im doing before i actually solder, heat shrink, ect

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:20 PM
Quote:

only time i ever just twist my wires is to test whatever im doing before i actually solder, heat shrink, ect

I have done the same, but I always make an effort to avoid installing something before I'm ready to solder. Thats not always an option though, at which point i twist, or preferably use butt-splices to make connections. I wouldn't make an "informative" installation video without showing soldered connections though.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Friday, January 20, 2012 10:12 AM
Freelancer1988 wrote:

I am not embarrassed of owning my cavalier or "j-body". I think it is kinda funny that Brad Wilson and Mike Fredereck decide to be dumb immature dumb@!#$s by making another stupid video. The ONLY good thing I can say is at least they posted a video that sucked... and not each other sucking... which I am sure goes on behind the camera.

Ya know, you're a real piece of work. I've worked on Chevys and especially cavs for a few years now and im not some nig nog afro-engineer. I know what works and what's easy. The set up is perfect and i've had no issues with it. We made the video to piss all of you off because everyone flipped out over a guy trying to help others out. If you dont agree with what he does, then don't do it. And as far as the gay jokes, grow up.
Friday, January 20, 2012 11:30 AM
Brad Wilson wrote:
Freelancer1988 wrote:

Ya know, you're a real piece of work. I've worked on Chevys and especially cavs for a few years now and im not some nig nog afro-engineer. I know what works and what's easy. The set up is perfect and i've had no issues with it. We made the video to piss all of you off because everyone flipped out over a guy trying to help others out. If you dont agree with what he does, then don't do it. And as far as the gay jokes, grow up.

dude you know your picking a fight on forums you will never win right your best bet is to shut the mouth, your videos have proven you lack of knowledge and hack jobs, or halfa$$ed "mods" you claim to do. you say you know what works and doesn't well here is a great news flash.....your still wet behind the ears and know absolutely nothing or you wouldnt be making useless posts and videos, especially after a few years, I have build numerous engines and cavys in that time, also a licensed mechanic and own a 14 second cavy, and hell I believe I have forgotten more about these cars then you think you know. best bet is we close this USELESS thread and hopefully you stop picking fights with your lack of knowledge......your also trying to pick a fight with PJ ( the guy also forgot more then you know), and a guy thats been on forum and done more to his daily driver then you have the knowledge for, so before criticizing member with real knowledge, read.......read......and read some more. And yes Im getting tired of these noobs coming on thinking they have knowledge when they do hack jobs and argue with vets of the site. Maybe one day something will crack you over the head and make you realize your mods suck, and most are useless in the videos. and with that I say good day

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Monday, February 06, 2012 3:31 PM
I love the episode where they use a doorstop to make a shorty antenna.... LOL

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:40 PM
Projectors > HID

If your car didnt come new with HIDs (BMW), and you have them on your car, I pray to god I dont meet you on the road at night.

Now your car is illegal, blinding to other drivers, and you cant see as well as you could with stock headlights.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:42 AM
these guys stupid
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:05 PM
Brad Wilson wrote:

WHOA!! CAN WE HAVE A FEW MORE RACIAL SLURS!!!

I feel this needs to be reported.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:10 PM

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search