I cannot tell you how fed up I am... - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I cannot tell you how fed up I am...
Sunday, February 19, 2012 6:54 PM
...that whenever I post pictures of my car, or even mention it to someone, I get the same-old, tired-ass response: "It's just a Sunflower...bwahaha!! Why would you do that to THAT car?!"

Why is it okay to modify Jetta's and Civic's...or let's say...do some crazy stunts in a Ford Fiesta, without getting laughed at? I have pretty thick skin at my age, but people's stupidity just boggles me sometimes. Let's be honest, here--I bought my Sunfire after graduating high school because Pontiacs were in my blood and everyone and their uncle had a Civic. I modified it because I love cars and, well, it's the only car I had at the time. I've held on to it because I wouldn't realize any real financial gains from selling, and it's still fun to drive (not to mention freshly painted as of last winter.)

Over the years, it's actually been a pretty damn good car. It's been overheated more times than I could count on two hands, hydro-locked once and saw two years of nitrous before the motor was fully built for full-on boost. I've never replaced a tie-rod or ball joint and really never had any major failures, other than a water pump and idler pulley (both probably because of the nitrous.) I guess these types of people just make me look forward (even more) to more boost and more subsequent power this summer. What will these car God's say when they see a Sunflower do a standing burnout at 30mph? Should be good for some laughs :-)

Re: I cannot tell you how fed up I am...
Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:09 PM
haters gonna hate

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:11 PM
I agree with the burnouts.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:18 PM
Lol...this car has one hefty turbo, a fully built motor with a gasket-matched head, a full 3" exhaust.... Oh, there WILL be burnouts!!

Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:35 PM
Man your answer is the same as all of ours. I dont know how many times Ive said the same thing you just did. At the same time I have almost just as many people tell me "nice ride", "at least you modified something different", etc. That is what keeps me going, that is the MAIN reason I continue to do what I do to my cavy, to be different.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:46 PM
I get it all the time as well.

I find alot of people do open up when they take a ride in a modded J though. Ill be the first to admit they are pretty bad in stock trim but much nicer with some well placed mods.

In the end I like having a car that handles better and has alot more get up and go then most.

And nobody ever expects a cav/fire to pass them
Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:53 PM
I basically just don't care.Some ask what I am restoring and I tell them a 85 cav type 10 and there like oh.I love my J plain and simple stock and some may or maynot appreciate my effort to preserve this old first gen whatever.And my new daily is actually a 11 civic and keeping it stock,so I like both sides.As long as you enjoy it keep kickin the J proudly.I DO.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:44 PM
You gotta brush it off man. I haven't posted here in some time now as I have been playing with hondas for the past few years. But I can tell you this, I have never been as proud of any of my civics or tegs as I was of my cavalier or sunfire. Also, half the honda guys I hang out with usually embarass me as a honda owner or argue to near physically fighting over which engine swap is best. I never got that with the j-body crowd. They were supportive of each other and can handle constructive critisism without going straight to name calling or throwing punches.... I sometimes wonder why I even still modify hondas....Ho-hum

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 12:51 PM
I just simply say, well I didn't want to be with the rest that bought parts at 7-11 for their civics, wanted to create parts not buy them.

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 1:06 PM
Ignorance. ANY car can be made to handle well, accelerate quickly, drive fast, and stop on a dime. Once people realize this, they become TRUE automotive enthusiasts and appreciate when quality work is put into a vehicle (regardless of the make or model).

Additionally:

99redz24 wrote:haters gonna hate

Sums it up well.

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 4:00 PM
most of the time I get... "I don't like Cavaliers but your's is pretty nice"

i find it entertaining though when I autox and I get people that own much higher platforms saying "well I would have beat you if I had xxx mod"

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 5:02 PM
I must say that i was surprised that you posted this Chris.

Once in a while the negativity will get to me, but it all goes away when i drive away. I built my cav for myself, to put a smile on my face and that is it.

Error: Sig not found.

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 5:23 PM
strat81 wrote:most of the time I get... "I don't like Cavaliers but your's is pretty nice"

Bingo!

Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:47 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:
strat81 wrote:most of the time I get... "I don't like Cavaliers but your's is pretty nice"

Bingo!

same here. I mean if I cared what people thought, then I wouldn't be driving a cavalier.

Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:05 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Joe Schulte wrote:

Bingo!

same here. I mean if I cared what people thought, then I wouldn't be driving a cavalier.

Even better....If I cared what other people thought, then I wouldn't be driving a teal, automatic, cavalier.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:41 AM
Chris, calm down.......it's only a sunflower

<3

Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:47 AM
My favorite one was after beating a Z06 vette at the track, he pulls behind me at the pits and says, "well I guess you can polish a turd". Then quickly drives off. We got lined up again later in the day and he acted like something was wrong with his car just so he didn't have to run me again. His buddies were all making fun of him for losing to a cavalier. Of course they just focused on him losing to a 4 banger and not the fact that this 4 banger just ran a 12.5.

Thursday, March 08, 2012 6:41 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote: Even better....If I cared what other people thought, then I wouldn't be driving a teal, automatic, cavalier.

and i drive an orange auto one.

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Thursday, March 08, 2012 7:10 AM
but teal^^^^^ so far he's at an all time low

Thursday, March 08, 2012 7:19 AM
All he needs is the hello kitty bobble-heads and it would be complete.

Thursday, March 08, 2012 7:48 AM
colt45 wrote:All he needs is the hello kitty bobble-heads and it would be complete.

No, pink triangles!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Thursday, March 08, 2012 10:35 AM
99redz24 wrote:haters gonna hate

sums it up

every one dose the same thing to me because i have a ss hood on my car only because i needed a hood asap and i couldn't find a non dented or rust hood around here in my area
i get so dose that hood make your car any faster" or so you think your car is fast all that bs....

its a car that i like and i finally got a 00-02 z24 that i always wanted plus i paid it off in 3 months 99% of the people i talk to still owe money on there cars

Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:27 PM
I support this thread!

Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:39 PM
If fast n furious had been made with Hyundai's the bad mourners would be all about Hyundais. Insecure and childish people talk down about stuff they can't do.
Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:29 PM
I usually get the same treatment til they ask me " Why a Cavalier?? and I tell them cuz my names Cavalier and their like, thats your nickname cuz you drive 1 right?? and again, no my names Cavalier. most will as for ID for proof, and others say, oh really?? thats a 1st, but either way I drive mine for me, f@#k a hater, done right, ANY car can look amazing so I say keep doin what you do, they just mad your car looks and runs better than theirs lol

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search