Money order - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Money order
Thursday, February 24, 2005 2:30 PM
if this is the wrong forum im sorry and please move....ive never sent a money order before and i was just curious does it cost money to send it or do i just go give them the money i want to send. im guessing it would cost somthing otherwise how would companies like western union make money?

Re: Money order
Thursday, February 24, 2005 2:38 PM
usually it does. i get mine from wawa since its close to my house and i think they charge like 60-80 cents per money order but you can only go up to 500 dollar money order at a wawa. basically you get it, fill out the info on the money order and fill the info out on the stub, rip the stub off and keep it and then put the mo in an envolope and send it out

Thursday, February 24, 2005 2:49 PM
Yes the money it costs is hardly anything, but its just as easy as writing a check

--------------------------------------------
The Car is For Sale: Info? Travis@TunerRevolution.com

Thursday, February 24, 2005 2:53 PM
k thanks that helps alot
Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:01 PM
Postal money order is much better... costs less.. and they have a better tracking system for it...

Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:20 PM
i dont pay anything for money orders

i get the free at my bank , washington mutual

LOL

but they are usually cheap

Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:32 PM
46 cents at wallmart.. thats the closest place to me
Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:49 PM
www.WinksOnline.com wrote:46 cents at wallmart.. thats the closest place to me

I guess when you live in hickville, walmart is always the closest place...... Heck.. I bet its a Super Walmart huh ? LMAO! jk Chris

Thursday, February 24, 2005 5:27 PM
yeah the first 2 MOs i got, i got from my bank. they charged me $5.00 just for one MO, and the only difference was it was good for a grand. I go to wal-mart now. 80 cents, much better

"Official Jewish J-Body"
Thursday, February 24, 2005 6:57 PM
Are money orders guaranteed? For example if you send one to someone and they never send you the item you paid for it, can you get your money back? If no, what would be the best type of payment for something like that?

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Thursday, February 24, 2005 7:00 PM
the first money order i ever made was for RK exhaust i bought from karos years and years ago

Thursday, February 24, 2005 7:11 PM
Quote:

Are money orders guaranteed? For example if you send one to someone and they never send you the item you paid for it, can you get your money back? If no, what would be the best type of payment for something like that?

im sure you could do something. with the mo they give you a tracking number on the stub you keep so you can track if it was cashed or not. if you get nothing in return im sure you can go to the local police and get help since you have proof with the stub

Thursday, February 24, 2005 7:59 PM
MikeGT wrote:the first money order i ever made was for RK exhaust i bought from karos years and years ago

mmmm 5 years ago ... i think 4 tho.... like... sometime in very early 2001.... Jake Drew was the first... ordered some mounts.... that was like Jan 10th or something 2001..... for like 124$......

Thursday, February 24, 2005 10:31 PM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:

I guess when you live in hickville, walmart is always the closest place...... Heck.. I bet its a Super Walmart huh ? LMAO! jk Chris

I guess that's why walmart is the number one retailer in the US... b/c they got everything..
Friday, February 25, 2005 4:03 PM
www.WinksOnline.com wrote:
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:

I guess that's why walmart is the number one retailer in the US... b/c they got everything..

Meijers has more, guns, liquor, and greeting cards. What more could you ask for?

Friday, February 25, 2005 5:47 PM
ROBZ IL CAV wrote:Are money orders guaranteed? For example if you send one to someone and they never send you the item you paid for it, can you get your money back? If no, what would be the best type of payment for something like that?

Rob

i didn't with two money orders i sent... the post office said i might as well have said it was a gift. the problem with that was that i sent it to a person as a private sale, not to a company. so they wouldn't do anything for me and i was out about $275.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search