HO swap issue - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HO swap issue
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:41 AM
Hello, I am a long time reader but rarely post on here. Also, my apologies if I am posting in the incorrect section. I am currently in the process of swapping my 95 sunfire 2.2 five speed with a quad HO engine. Its going alright but I have a question regarding the cooling system. I have searched on here and on Q4Forums and haven't found a direct answer. I'm using the 95 quad waterpump housing, down pipe thing, and the older quad water neck to put the thermostat in like I have read. Doing this does away with the line that ran from the 95 water neck to the reservoir. My question is do I NEED this line? Is it necessary to bleed the system or can it be done away with altogether and the system manually bled at it's highest point? (Which would be the water neck) Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks!

Re: HO swap issue
Thursday, November 01, 2012 3:38 PM
yea you can most definitely do away with it. like you said, its just there to burb or "bleed" the system. nothing a manual screw cant do though...

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Re: HO swap issue
Friday, August 14, 2015 12:05 AM
How did you deal with the wiring issues? The H/O Q4 has no camshaft sensor or EGR system. If you have a solution please let me know as I just installed a H/O Q4 into my 1995 Sunfire GT. Everything bolted up ok but as soon as the battery is connected the fuel pump starts and all the fuel injectors stay open! Am about to call the free car pickup people. Next time I try a swap I am going to really do my research more carefully first!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search