I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Friday, December 12, 2014 5:35 PM
I have a 2004 sedan base. I always hated the cavalier, only reason I bought it is because it was cheap, and didn't have much money at the time. I was a kid, and didn't do much research on it. I should have done more research, saved some more money, and gotten something better looking, better quality, more reliable, etc.

I even feel kind of ashamed to be seen it, when coworkers or friends are driving better quality vehicles.

I even had a girl ask me "if that your car" with a tone, basically implying that is a piece of @!#$, and I should be driving something better

What I always hated the most about the cavalier is not so much the exterior, even though is bland, and has a huge wheel gap, is not so bad, it has OK lines to it.

What I really dislike is the interior, the quality is so inferior, it really sucks, is cheap plastic, is cracked everywhere. I bet very single car of 2004 has a better interior quality than the cavalier. I have the base version, so it sucks having the manual doors and windows, when there are older cars than 2004 who mostly have power everything.

The exterior is prone to clear coat delamination, once it happens, is all over, only way to get it fixed for good, is to get it painted professionally, and long lasting paint job will cost you in the thousands, basically the price of your beater

The Cavalier is known for its bad bearings, head gasket, brakes, paint, trim, doors hinges, radio, lower control arms, abs system, seatbelts and overall high maintenance.

I'm saving money like crazy, can't wait until I can buy a better vehicle, and sell the cavalier

My focus now, will be 100% on the interior, and not so much the outer looks, also reliability and quality

Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Friday, December 12, 2014 6:32 PM
Yea, my highly modded Cavalier is very simple to maintain. Oil changes and tires. Generally the more you mod the more maintenance the car requires.


FYI, ALL American cars have junk interiors.


Also using the correct grammar would make you seem slightly intelligent.




Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Friday, December 12, 2014 7:02 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:

Yea, my highly modded Cavalier is very simple to maintain. Oil changes and tires. Generally the more you mod the more maintenance the car requires.


FYI, ALL American cars have junk interiors.


Also using the correct grammar would make you seem slightly intelligent.


english second language

the cavalier interior is the probably in top 5 worst interiors of all time, no insulation at all, every single plastic thing on this car which is the whole interior rattles when u go over 35mph lol

also why did the cobalt which was supposed to be a step up from the cavy, also comes with manual doors and windows on the base version

cheap bastards at gm, how expensive can it really be to add power doors to their new line, no wonder the cobalt died just like the cavalier

back in 2010 i rented a toyota camry 2008 base version, it seemed like a super car compared to my cavalier, the interior, driving experience
Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Saturday, December 13, 2014 2:17 PM
Most of us on this forum can't wait till you find a new car and move on too...



Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Saturday, December 13, 2014 5:11 PM
strat81 wrote:

Most of us on this forum can't wait till you find a new car and move on too...



best statement today!



FU Tuning



Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Sunday, December 14, 2014 5:44 AM
strat81 wrote:

Most of us on this forum can't wait till you find a new car and move on too...


would probably visit more often after i get another car just to @!#$ on the cavalier lol
Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Sunday, December 14, 2014 1:14 PM
Somebody needs a WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAmbulance











Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Sunday, December 14, 2014 1:25 PM
joe satriani wrote:

strat81 wrote:

Most of us on this forum can't wait till you find a new car and move on too...


would probably visit more often after i get another car just to @!#$ on the cavalier lol


At which point a mod will step in and permabam you... Again, win/win situation.



Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Sunday, December 14, 2014 2:47 PM
strat81 wrote:

joe satriani wrote:

strat81 wrote:

Most of us on this forum can't wait till you find a new car and move on too...


would probably visit more often after i get another car just to @!#$ on the cavalier lol


At which point a mod will step in and permabam you... Again, win/win situation.


!!!!!! YES



FU Tuning



Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Tuesday, December 16, 2014 7:32 AM
joe satriani wrote:

strat81 wrote:

Most of us on this forum can't wait till you find a new car and move on too...


would probably visit more often after i get another car just to be more of a useless douchebag.
fixed.






Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Tuesday, December 16, 2014 6:03 PM
Were you really born in 1975? Judging from the way you piss and moan, one would think you were about 5.

Or you just have a bad day. Every day.




Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Tuesday, December 16, 2014 7:33 PM
That'd imply at nearly age 40 he's on a website complaining about a car discontinued 9 years ago that anyone in his demographic could purchase with their jar of change.

I sincerely hope that's the case.





Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Friday, January 02, 2015 2:18 PM
joe satriani wrote:

I have a 2004 sedan base. I always hated the cavalier, only reason I bought it is because it was cheap, and didn't have much money at the time. I was a kid, and didn't do much research on it. I should have done more research, saved some more money, and gotten something better looking, better quality, more reliable, etc.

I even feel kind of ashamed to be seen it, when coworkers or friends are driving better quality vehicles.

I even had a girl ask me "if that your car" with a tone, basically implying that is a piece of @!#$, and I should be driving something better

What I always hated the most about the cavalier is not so much the exterior, even though is bland, and has a huge wheel gap, is not so bad, it has OK lines to it.

What I really dislike is the interior, the quality is so inferior, it really sucks, is cheap plastic, is cracked everywhere. I bet very single car of 2004 has a better interior quality than the cavalier. I have the base version, so it sucks having the manual doors and windows, when there are older cars than 2004 who mostly have power everything.

The exterior is prone to clear coat delamination, once it happens, is all over, only way to get it fixed for good, is to get it painted professionally, and long lasting paint job will cost you in the thousands, basically the price of your beater

The Cavalier is known for its bad bearings, head gasket, brakes, paint, trim, doors hinges, radio, lower control arms, abs system, seatbelts and overall high maintenance.

I'm saving money like crazy, can't wait until I can buy a better vehicle, and sell the cavalier

My focus now, will be 100% on the interior, and not so much the outer looks, also reliability and quality


you have no one to blame but yourself, you said it yourself, you didnt do your homework and purchased a vehicle you didnt like. everyone's needs and wants are different, and just because you dont see the sense in the cavalier doesnt make it terrible for everyone else, yes its cheap, but its also light and parts are inexpensive as well, i seriously doubt anyone except you would buy a car for 1500-2500 and expect a mclaren slr.
Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Sunday, May 17, 2015 2:06 PM
seems legit
Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Sunday, May 17, 2015 8:21 PM
My 2001 Z24 is a "rescue" in my opinion.
It's not a beater, nor is it anything special.
I've done my best to make it a nice daily driver.
It's bright red, and reasonably clean, but otherwise completely stock.
Heck, it's not even lowered.
After taking all the badging off except the Z24 on each side and the bow tie on the trunk, I'm often getting positive comments.
Gee, what a cool car! What is it? Stuff like that.

I love driving it too. Any excuse to go somewhere and I get over 30 mpg while driving it like gas was free.
Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Saturday, May 23, 2015 9:25 AM
Steve B. wrote:

My 2001 Z24 is a "rescue" in my opinion.
It's not a beater, nor is it anything special.
I've done my best to make it a nice daily driver.
It's bright red, and reasonably clean, but otherwise completely stock.
Heck, it's not even lowered.
After taking all the badging off except the Z24 on each side and the bow tie on the trunk, I'm often getting positive comments.
Gee, what a cool car! What is it? Stuff like that.

I love driving it too. Any excuse to go somewhere and I get over 30 mpg while driving it like gas was free.


can't compare the z24 to my car though

i have the most boring cavalier ever

- base 04
- manual everything except the transmission lol
- sedan
Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Sunday, May 24, 2015 10:25 AM
Joe, my friend - you DO understand that this is board for people who REALLY LIKE J-body cars like your Cavalier, right? It's like I went to your family's site and talked about how much I hate your mom. I DON'T hate your mom, but it's odd that you'd go on to a site for people who LIKE these cars and tell them how much you HATE the car. Just saying. Still and all, you'll make a good American - you've got the complaining down.
Re: I can't wait to get rid of the cavalier
Friday, June 19, 2015 6:27 AM
strat81 wrote:

Most of us on this forum can't wait till you find a new car and move on too...
LOL

I have none of those problems you describe. Most people I know are always asking me to show my car off (I dont drive her much because I have too many cars and when I need to redline a few gears I'll go and pick her up).

I




"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"




Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search