weird idle drop and stalling - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
weird idle drop and stalling
Thursday, January 12, 2017 2:08 AM
Ive got 2002 5spd sunfire 2.2L ohv. I just noticed this just started happening car runs and idles fine. I'll be driving down the road all you a sudden i'll feel little jerk or grab when gas peddle is pushed. as I slow down for stop light. I notice my idle drops car shuts off. I turn the key it fires right back up. It does this once in a while not all the time. I notice if I rev the motor up let off on the throttle the rpm gauge keeps 1200 rpm hangs a little bit then goes back to normal idle. Any idea's guys?. idle runs smooth no misfire maybe IAC sticking or vaccum leak?..

Re: weird idle drop and stalling
Friday, January 13, 2017 5:37 PM
Rich weeks wrote:Ive got 2002 5spd sunfire 2.2L ohv. I just noticed this just started happening car runs and idles fine. I'll be driving down the road all you a sudden i'll feel little jerk or grab when gas peddle is pushed. as I slow down for stop light. I notice my idle drops car shuts off. I turn the key it fires right back up. It does this once in a while not all the time. I notice if I rev the motor up let off on the throttle the rpm gauge keeps 1200 rpm hangs a little bit then goes back to normal idle. Any idea's guys?. idle runs smooth no misfire maybe IAC sticking or vaccum leak?..

It's sounding like an IAC (idle air control) valve
Re: weird idle drop and stalling
Saturday, January 14, 2017 2:02 AM
That's what I was thinking it could be. The pinle either gummed up or something thanks for the reply.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search