Returning on a sad note. - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Returning on a sad note.
Sunday, March 03, 2019 4:51 PM
I have been away for a long while, but now I return, sort of. The Cavalier has had to sit while I started a new chapter of my life, since August 2016. I pulled it into the garage about a month ago to see what repairs were going to be needed to return it to the road. Half the exhaust had fallen apart, a spring had rotted through from sitting, and the strut mounts were toast. All problems I knew were on the way prior to parking it so fortunately the parts were waiting to be put on. A quick fluid change and tune-up went well and it was back on the road, not pretty but on the road. What an enjoyable few weeks that was, even with studded snows and @!#$ty weather.

Well, today happened. The transmission started grinding lightly shifting into 2nd, that progressed to the transmission getting stuck in 2nd. When I finally got it out of 2nd it would not return to 2nd or enter 1st. Now I am stuck with a @!#$ transmission. The way this damn thing degraded I don't feel like it's worth it to pull the car apart to replace the transmission and then throw it back together. I don't have the time to be conducting life saving surgery on it. It's time for a new car.

As a result of this I am inventorying what parts I have, installed and that I had intended at one point to install, and will be putting up a garage sale. If anyone lives in driving distance of Rochester, NY and wants to take a look at my pile-o-stuff that can be arranged. Prices will be reasonable and anything worth selling is in good shape, the blower wasn't even on long enough for an oil change (blew up old blower the April before the car was put to rest). The parts list in my garage listing is accurate and there is more laying around not installed.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search