Pontiac Nationals - Norwalk, OH Aug 5 - 7 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pontiac Nationals - Norwalk, OH Aug 5 - 7
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 5:35 PM
Calling all Pontiac J-Bodies! This year the event won't coincide with the J-Body Bash, so there is no good reason not to see plenty of Sunbirds and Sunfires there.
This is the biggest all-Pontiac race and show in the world, and it is at a great facility. If you've never been to Norwalk, you're in for a treat. This will be my 10th year going to the event, and it will be the 14th Annual event. I really hope to be joined by a few other members of J-Body.Org.
Whether you like to race or show (or both), it is a great event. Prices are extremely reasonable and include entry fee & Saturday night dinner. The car show includes a "Late Model Compact & Front Wheel Drive" class, and there is a Front Wheel Drive class in the drag racing as well, so we would be more than an "after-thought."
You can get details at www.pontiacnationals.com, or ask me!

Let's get the J out at this event!

Later!
bracketracer

'93 Sunbird SE 3.1 5-speed
'00 Grand Prix GTP Sedan
sunbird93racer@yahoo.com

Re: Pontiac Nationals - Norwalk, OH Aug 5 - 7
Thursday, June 30, 2005 6:53 AM
I will be attending this show then, never heard of it but I will be attending with my sunfire then. Hope to meet ya there man. See ya then

crap....hahahhaa..my last post for the month. I have to wait till 2morrow now.

"All my life I have been trying to figure out who is behind this face of mine"

Thursday, June 30, 2005 8:38 AM
Hey Kennie,
I'll be on the lookout for you and your Sunfire. Based on your profile, it looks like you'll be more on the show side, but it is a great car show too. Last year there were about 1000 Pontiacs (& GMCs) there in the show and race. It'll be nice to see a J-Body over there for a change. Since the J-Body Bash was always on that weekend in the past, there were no others there. If enough J-Bodies attend, they may add a seperate J-Body class in the future.
I am a racer, so I will be over on the pit side of the track. Watch for my yellow '93 Sunbird to be representing J-Bodies in the FWD class. Hopefully I'll be joined by some other J-Bodies. The class is dominated (in quantity anyway) by Grand Prixs, so I hope we'll have more variety this year.
Anybody else within a couple hundred miles of Norwalk should seriously consider this event. Heck I drive 900 round trip, and it's worth it every year. Norwalk is a terrific facility, the event is well organized, everyone seems to go out of their way to way to make sure you have a good time. There's something there for everyone basically, what more can I say. If I could attend only 1 event during the year, this would be it, hands down. Check out www.pontiacnationals.com for the specifics.

'00 Grand Prix GTP Sedan
sunbird93racer@yahoo.com
Friday, July 01, 2005 11:56 AM
Okay joe, that will cool. I never been to this show so i am looking forward to showing up there. They give out any trophies?? I wonder if there is any class for my car. Well if not ah well be still interesting to see all the cars there and the races. Well hope to see ya there man and to check out your race car. gbless

Friday, July 01, 2005 6:43 PM
Kennie,
Based on the picture of your Sunfire (which looks sharp by the way), I bet you will fall into Class C-2 (1970 - current customs). They also have Class LM (Late Model Compact and Front Wheel Drive), but I think that would be for stock or mildly modified cars.
They give out very nice trophies for the classes from what I recall, and they award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. The cars are judged by professional judges, and awards are on Sunday.
I highly recommend that you try to come for the whole weekend (or at least Saturday and Sunday) since it's only $40 for the weekend versus $30 for Sunday only, for the car show. That $40 gets you in to both sides of the track, and a Saturday picnic dinner with door prizes. A great bargin! You can camp at the track for free too.
See you there!

'00 Grand Prix GTP Sedan
sunbird93racer@yahoo.com
Thursday, July 14, 2005 6:32 AM
What's the deal folks? Only about 3 weeks to go until the event. Will Kennie and I be the only ones representing the Org there? I sure hope not. I can guarantee that if you attend this event, it will keep you coming back year after year. Speak up if we will see you!

'00 Grand Prix GTP Sedan
sunbird93racer@yahoo.com
Saturday, July 16, 2005 5:57 AM
Hey Joe sup sup, I am going to ask my friend that is in my car club that has a GTP to come to the show along with me, I don't know any other sunfires that live around me that can ride with me up there. Just cavys. Well it's marked on my calender I will be there for sure.

Does anyone come to this part of the forum?? hahahahaa
Maybe I should post up on the regional forum about this event.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:31 PM
I don't think anyone else is even looking at this post, besides you and me. Maybe posting in the Regional Forum would help. Glad to hear that you are bringing your buddy with the GTP. That is what I drive everyday, but I race the Sunbird (even though the GTP runs 14.0 at 100, and the Sunbird only runs 15.6 - 15.8 at 87), because it is more fun. There will be alot of other Grand Prixs there (in the show and race). I can guarantee that neither of you will be disappointed with the event. Once you go once, you'll be back. Only 2 1/2 weeks to go! I can't wait! We'll definitely have to talk there!

Later!

'00 Grand Prix GTP Sedan
sunbird93racer@yahoo.com
Saturday, July 23, 2005 2:49 PM
Come on folks, less than 2 weeks until this event. Will Kennie & I be the only ones carrying the J-Body banner here? Speak up if we will see you there!

'00 Grand Prix GTP Sedan
sunbird93racer@yahoo.com
Monday, August 08, 2005 3:30 PM
Hey Joe - how did you do? You were still going rounds when I left. It was great getting to know you and your family. It would have been cool to have had a bunch of the Sunbirds and Sunfires there. Maybe next year.

Kevin
Monday, August 08, 2005 6:02 PM
Hey Kevin!
I can't quite remember where things were at when you left, so I will recap. I soundly beat the SC3800s in the first 2 rounds. I pulled into the lanes for round 3, and Kathy Secord pulled in right behind me. I figured what the heck, I'm just going to beat her. I wasn't going to let her get in my head. As we are about to pull forward to run, I tried to fire the car up, and nothing but a click (it turns out that my starter picked a helluva time to fail on me!). Thank God I have a 5-speed! A few folks push-started me, I raced her, and won by .030! I was trying to get the car cooled between rounds, and figure out my mechanical issue, so I was the last car of the 4 left to make it to the lanes. I got lined up with Saturday's winner, Chris Yates. Long story short, he beat me. He had a better light, and I missed a shift, and that was that. Chris went on to win Sunday too, so I can live with being beat by the best in class.

It was great meeting you, hope to see you again next year!

'00 Grand Prix GTP Sedan
sunbird93racer@yahoo.com

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 4:07 PM
I'd say semi finals is pretty good. Despite my first round .037 red on Sunday, I felt pretty good to have lasted a few rounds Saturday. The main thing for me was that I didn't break anything or hurt the car. I dropped the top and had a nice relaxing cruise home, picked up the wife & a couple of the kids for a little drive. It sure is a neat little car. I think it could and should run better than my 16.99 best this past weekend. Some guy talked to me in staging and said he knows of Sunbird Turbo's running high 14's and low 15's with the same exhaust I have and some adjustments to the wastegate. I work with a GM mechanic that has also told me this, but he is unsure of the procedure. I guess that's why I have too many cars - I keep thinking of things I want to do to them. Norwalk has a Sport Compact class on Wednesday nights and high 14's would have me running with the fast guys or at least chasing more than I'm chased. Maybe if I sell the car, I'll at least sell it to someone who will bring it out and run it. By the way - if you had a mystery left over lawn chair - I left mine. I was only 15 minutes away when I realized it, but it wasn't really worth going back for. Well congrats again on a semi final finish and let's hope some more J-Bodies will come out next year.
Friday, August 12, 2005 6:12 AM
man..i am definitly going next year to this...i will make a big sign...GO GO GO JOE MORGAN...YOU CAN DO IT!!

hahaha...seeemed like a good time. Well always next year too look forward too.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search