location of next years bash - Page 4 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: location of next years bash
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:11 AM
is there even going to be a bash this year?

Portage, MI

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 4:11 PM
i heard no... im jus gunna make the JCO bash my one big trip this year..

-marc

boosted again...hehe
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 9:29 PM
Maybe if we keep this thread up long enough someone will listen. No longer have a J but still fun,.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 10:32 PM
Unofficial word is still no. Nothing on GM SCB website yet.
I'm thinking hard about JCO Bash; but trying to wait for an "Official" word.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 4:10 AM
I'm with Marc on this, the JCO bash is going to be my big one this year.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 6:03 AM
Hey there everybody. We are looking into a few ways to make the bash possible for this year. However, we've decided to go back to our roots for the event. It was getting too commercial for my likings and we where just loosing too much money on it. I want to get back to the friend/family atmosphere and get away from all the commercial/corporate BS. The event was founded to unite people, and that's what we're going to strive to get back to.

Watch the site for more info here in the next couple months but we're hoping to make it possible for this year. Just paid off last year's event two weeks ago finally so I'm a little slow getting into the "grove" this year.

-Tim

Thursday, February 09, 2006 7:43 AM
Tim Schilling Bash Coordinator wrote:Hey there everybody. We are looking into a few ways to make the bash possible for this year. However, we've decided to go back to our roots for the event. It was getting too commercial for my likings and we where just loosing too much money on it. I want to get back to the friend/family atmosphere and get away from all the commercial/corporate BS. The event was founded to unite people, and that's what we're going to strive to get back to.

Watch the site for more info here in the next couple months but we're hoping to make it possible for this year. Just paid off last year's event two weeks ago finally so I'm a little slow getting into the "grove" this year.

-Tim

What my good buddy Tim forgot to do is mention the site to visit for the Bash is,......
http://www.gmsmallcarbash.com/ Please check the forum on the Bash site for any possible updates. And before anybody says anything, Yes, We are aware that the '05 Info is still there.

Thanks to all, and lets hope we can pull this off. The more support we have, the better our chances are of doing the Bash this year.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, February 13, 2006 5:30 AM

Monday, February 13, 2006 5:41 AM
Well I know if its not to far then I will be going with some of my friends down here in Windsor Ontario.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:10 PM
super duper happy now..i know of some people that would love to go to the bash and i agree with you tim, it should be back to what it was, i noticed this past year was VERY commercialized, nothing wrong with it but i enjoyed the previous bash more where every just had fun and it wasnt all a media thing..but anywho im pumped to even hear that it MIGHT happen...ive been waiting to hear that for months...ill check back in a few and see if theres anymore info

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:23 PM
YAY !!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:33 PM
1 1 wrote:well cant we just have it ft.wayne/muncie indiana area?

you're kidding right?? i wouldnt wish that upon anyone!! muncie sucks!! it'd be sweet not to have to drive but have the bash here?? NOOO WAAYY!!!

Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:51 AM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:The more support we have, the better our chances are of doing the Bash this year.

tell all your friends people!

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/miscellaneous/60612/

Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:57 AM
Apparently, i've told people there's something going on in Illinois lol

*shrugs*

Thursday, February 16, 2006 12:19 PM
I wanna Bash in 06 damnit!

Thursday, February 16, 2006 12:41 PM
See the thread I just posted guys/gals....

-Tim

Friday, February 17, 2006 5:31 AM
Tim has been doing this a WHILE Im sure he will pick a location that will best suit the needs of the bash. Anybody that has been to a bash and driven a ways to get there in a group knows the caravan to the bash is something not to be missed, esp if you are lucky enough to be in the Lenko caravan.

Dave
A new breed of J will be unleashed in 06
Creating the E-RACER one mod at a time
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Friday, February 17, 2006 2:04 PM
While I'd love to come to the Bash this year, if there is in fact one... my reality is, I'm in a new job now... I don't have the seniority that I did at the old one (13 years).

I probably won't be able to make it

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:05 AM
i have always wanted to go to a bash but i always had some reason why i couldnt go like no money or too far of a drive (at a certain age) or what not and now I dont have my J no more and I still want to go to one not caring about the drive as long as i dont have to be in the car a day <~been there dont that got sick. but i am willing to got he extra mile and not care and bring my new baby up there just so i can go to one. i have heard so many awesome things from my friends who went and now i want to be one of those people who said they went and had a blast.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 4:10 PM
I went to the bash last year and it was a good time hott as hell but a nice time and I personally think it's a good idea to have the bash somewhere in the middle of the country that way it would be fair for everyone to come and u have my vote for later in the summer july was too hott
Friday, March 24, 2006 9:34 PM
I think we should have the bash in lordstown again. but i am from there so i wouldnt have far of a drive plus thompson raceway is good! also Quaker City raceway is now reowned and the new owners are very cool they probably wouldnt mind us going there. hell we have a full college day there for YSU. hell even if we dont have it in lordstown id shoot for pittsburgh or bowling green. not tooo far of a drive for me and quite a few others including erod. main reason for not wanting to drive far is i can have a weekend off come monday morning i have to be right back at work. no ands, ifs, or but's.

PJ

Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:17 AM
ok well i started this post and well my opinion is that there should be a bash...and if tim cant get into the "groove" of things then someone else needs to take the reigns and set up something ...the majority of us want a bash and it aint fair to us that want a bash to not have one just because the board members dont wanna get into the groove....i vote Bowling Green, KY just because of the fact that BeechBend raceway is there and there are loads of hotels and restrauants and nashville is only 1 hour away....or lordstown but you have to drive so far to go race and show and eat and sleep....screw that.....do it in Bowling Green...its an inexpensive town and its pretty central for everyone except those out west.......the majority of bash atendees are from the east anyways.....besides BG is a college town and there are loads of girlies around for all you horny guys.....and girls there are lots of cowboys that you girls love....hey its spring already some of us need to request the time off work and need to get stuff together and start thinking bout these things and we cant wait till a month before to do all this.....

I AM the man from Nantucket
Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:24 AM
Tim has his reasons for not doing it, it has nothing to do with a groove.

I'm the new cancer.
Monday, March 27, 2006 8:41 AM
JBOD2304 well if tim can't GET INTO THE GROOVE maybe you should step up and do everything nessicary to make the bash happen. Tim isnt some business that gets paid to do this, he donates many hours to get everyone together, so don't get your nose up in the air because he had a baby this year and is possibly to busy to spend all his free hours putting a smile on your face. if this seems rude its because it was meant to be. if someone needs to pick up the reigns and create a bash this year, you seem like the one to do it. and dont give me any excuses about not having the time because you obviously feel that tim should make the time for you...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, March 27, 2006 11:58 AM
ok i had a baby this year too i dont wanna hear the excuses....if i had all the materials and necessary phone numbers and a few ppl to help me out like tim does i would put on a bash.....and that wasnt meant to make me happy it was to make EVERYONE that wants a bash happy.....we all look forward to a bash every year....i mean hondas and corvettes and all kinds of other cars have an event every year we need something to look forward to...

I AM the man from Nantucket
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search