JCO J-Body Bash and GM Small Car Show - Page 6 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: JCO J-Body Bash and GM Small Car Show
Friday, May 05, 2006 7:37 PM
I hope you get er done

Like you said, better get going, like double time guy.
But, really....good luck with the job ahead.

This should be a awesome meet.

Silver Stripey makes your Day!

Saturday, May 06, 2006 5:27 PM
Admission is $50 for the whole day. You get quite a lot for that - grab bag, pulls on the track, show n' shine, burnout competition, etc.

Check it all out on www.j-body.com

Go to forums, and then to the 2006 Bash Forum Threads.
Sunday, May 07, 2006 11:59 AM
Cliff^^^^^...Grap Bags are nice....!

Any hints on whats in'em?

Monday, May 08, 2006 5:08 PM
Sorry guys to far for us. Be sure to send us plenty of high resolution pictures and a article about the event though and we would be happy to feature it in a future issue!

Monday, May 08, 2006 5:22 PM
Cliff, where/when do we pay? Do we pay you ahead of time? At the track? Is there a pre-registration form that I can fill out so you know I'm going for sure? Thanks

Monday, May 08, 2006 5:40 PM
Domestic Driver Mag - will do. Thanks.

To answer the grab bag question, you'll have to attend to see all the goodies were tossing in them.

A pre-reg form will be up on our forum site shortly (this week hopefully). Best way is to pay on the friday night if your coming up for then. We do a pre-reg at the hotel and then again at the gate saturday morning at the track. Either option works, but many do the pre-reg at the hotel if they make it up on friday night.

Hope to see you all there - gonna love to put some names to all these sigs and j-bodies on here.
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:10 AM
Clifford...I'll be there guy...don't worry about that.

I'll also pay at the hotel on Fri night. I'm staying at the primary Hotel.

BTW....how many cars are you expecting..at this point and time?..Curious?

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 8:37 PM
Since its the first year we are including all the other GM small cars, we should be expecting somewhere around 150-225 cars/participants for the friday and saturday.

There is a good sized group of grand ams, grand prixs, cobalts, redlines, and the j-body crowd coming - should be a great time. Just got myself a new camera ad @!#$ loads of film.
Thursday, May 11, 2006 5:06 PM
Holy crap, 150+ cars, thats going to be amazing! Good thing I can take over 1000 pics with my digi camera!

Friday, May 12, 2006 5:42 AM
Charge your battery up! - Ya got 3 weeks left!

Friday, May 12, 2006 12:53 PM
I think I'll bring my battery charger just in case i get carried away with my subs when my car isn't running lol

Saturday, May 13, 2006 2:08 PM
count me in, ill be staying at my sisters in london. cant wait!!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 7:20 AM
Holy cow! - 17 days left to go......Is your ride ready?

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 2:14 PM
pre-reg forms are now available on www.j-body.com
!!!!
yaaay!!!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 9:53 AM
T2-^^^^ - Printed and ready...sir!

Monday, May 22, 2006 9:01 AM
For all our American J-Body friends coming up, I got an e-mail and thought I would pass along the information:

You may need a passport now as Bush passed some new border/customs crossing law/bill - check that out before you get stuck at the border. I know up here, we don't care but you may run into problems on the way back home.

As for which currency to use, you would need good 'ol Canadian coloured money for verything up here. A night at either hotel will set you back about $80 plus tax, show is $50, gas is really cheap up here (about 97cents/litre - about 3.60/gal; but I was lucky the other day at got it for 85cents/litre or 3.20/gal. Beer is also really good up here - around $30/case.

Now that the show is about two weeks away, make sure you get everything you'll need for the trip and weekend, and if not, I know the JCO peeps are more than happy to lend something or show you around the town to grab something. PS - there are plenty of food places in town so you wont have to worry to much about that. I may even bring my mini BBQ this year to the bash.
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:14 AM
No need for passports. That was pushed back. I've been through the Sarnia and Buffalo crossings several times the past two months driving back and forth to Boston.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 9:50 AM
Ian - thats good to know...I just pulled mine out *dusting it off* Just in case I think I might take it though....so they dont give my any crap.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 3:38 PM
If you have one, I'd bring it. If not, bring your drivers license and birth cirtificate. Although I was only asked for ID once in the last 10 crossings.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 6:32 PM
Exhaust system will be done fri....then I'm good to go.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:01 PM
Heyyy im comin down saturday morning, 5 mins from border (peace bridge) if you guys are comin down the same day?
if anyone wants to meet up lemme know!

Saturday, May 27, 2006 7:16 PM
man dont come the day of you miss everything, the friday night at the hotel is the best part of the weekend

i just went through this entire thread (bored at work tonight) and i am so surprised at how many americans are coming up this year, generally there are only a handfull that make it up here each year, its awesome that are little show is turning out to be a international event so to speak

and in exactly a week it will all be over and we will be reminissing about how good the day was
see ya all soon

Sunday, May 28, 2006 12:11 PM
Word ... I can't wait to go!!!

Sunday, May 28, 2006 7:03 PM
Just got my cavy all boosted up today - ummm, supercharger. I'm all ready to go now.
Monday, May 29, 2006 11:36 AM
My car is in the bodyshop due to someone elses stupidity, but they said it should be fixed by late wednesday early thursday......heres hoping cause i actually wanna go to the bash now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search