Lots of GM Tuner Bash updates!!! CLICKY!! - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lots of GM Tuner Bash updates!!! CLICKY!!
Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:37 PM
PRE-REGISTRATION:
Pre-registration is now open and accepting applicants! There is a discounted rate for nearly EVERYTHING completed in advance. This helps reduce overhead, which in turn allows this event to be possible. June 10th will be the final day to pre-register and recieve discounted rates. After June 10th, rates will be set at gate prices.
Pre-registration also alows us to check you in at the hotel, instead of at the track, thus cutting down the time YOU spend waiting upon arrival.

Bash T Shirts
Just a reminder, shirts are going to be primarily pre-order this year, so if ya want a shirt, order it now! there will be a VERY limited supply on hand at the show, so to assure you get one that fits, we recommend that you preorder. If you're worried about not making the show, and ending up ordering a shirt, shipping arangements can be made.

Drag Racing
The track requires a deposit to reserve it for the 9am - 2pm time slot. With the current registrations we are still about $550 short. If you would like to contribute, (please no more then $100) Donations will be accepted and handled as such;
- All donations will be recoreded
- After track costs have been covered (we need 100 people to attend to cover ALL costs) I will be returning donations to all parties involved.
- All donators will also be shown all costs / financial information of the event to show donated funds are going towards event costs.

Autox
It is my PASSION to bring autox to this event. However, with the original facility having construction issues, I had to start from square one again. If a facility can be arranged, and there are enough pre-registrations for autox, I'll host it. If I can't make it a reality, I'll refund the autox price, or the difference between normal drag racing and the joint package. for example; -autox by itself is $15 in advance -the joint package is $25 in advance In the event autoX can not be held, a $10 or $15 credit will be issued, based on the package that was purchased.

Hotel Arrangements

Holiday Inn - I blocked 30 rooms, 15 are already reserved, so there are still 15 rooms available. If you do not mention you are with the GM Tuner Bash, they will tell you they're out of rooms, because outside of my block, they are full!!!

Super 8 - Somehow they don't see my block, however, there are still 14 rooms left. I have blocked off all 14 rooms. You have until June 26th to make the reservation, after that date, its open season for everyone, including the 1000's of people that are going to be in town for the vintage bike races at Mid Ohio (HUGE weekend, it will fill VERY fast)

Tentative Itinerary

Friday Events:
Show n Shine:
3pm - 7pm (give or take, depending on attendance/weather) Location TBD
Location TBD

Leisure Bowling/Cruising
9:30pm till whenever you go to bed....
Location: Park Ave(directions in packet)/Park Lanes (50 lane bowling house)

Saturday Events:
9am - 2pm Drag Racing

2pm - 7pm Points Racing(There is a prize pot, but is shared with local racers)

2pm - 7pm Tentative Autox
Location TBD

Re: Lots of GM Tuner Bash updates!!! CLICKY!!
Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:50 PM
Awesome...i thought more rooms were booked up..maybe its because were packing so many people into rooms lol

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 12:54 PM
i really thought there'd be more interest in this

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:00 PM
There will be at the last possible second. You know "Most" j-body owners are lazy and procrastinate.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:07 PM
yeah....im gonna take some registration forms with me to the BBQ and see if I can't get a few while I'm up there since I KNOW at least 20 cars are comin from JBOM lol

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:10 PM
I wanna go but I highly doubt Ill have the cav ready by then

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:12 PM
so we just go thru the checkout on the bash page for pre-reg??

how do we pre-order the shirts and stickers??

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:30 PM
Bubba00Sedan wrote:I wanna go but I highly doubt Ill have the cav ready by then

define ready? no one's car is EVER done. I've been to 4 bashes, 2 with my car, most fun i had, was when I didn't have a car at all....so whats stoppin ya? Show up, have fun, meet people have a blast!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:06 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:
Bubba00Sedan wrote:I wanna go but I highly doubt Ill have the cav ready by then

define ready? no one's car is EVER done. I've been to 4 bashes, 2 with my car, most fun i had, was when I didn't have a car at all....so whats stoppin ya? Show up, have fun, meet people have a blast!

Hmmm steps I still need to finish, new body kit, new interior, ecotec swap, a few carbon fiber peices. Just to name some crap I still have left to do... Hopefully I at least have the new kit on and painted if so, Ill be at the bash if everything goes well.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 6:35 PM
roll how you are now...i hate to say it, but majority of the cars are stock. besides, am I going to think less of you as a person cuz your car isn't done? I rolled to the bash with a slammed quarter panel, a primed rear bumper, and pink triangles on the side! we don't care the condition of your car!!! Just show up, have fun and let us know where you stand and what your plans are....THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!!!!! why should you miss out on a weekend of fun because you (like MANY people on this site) don't have the funds to finish things as quick as we'd all like to.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:55 PM
pual get at me later

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 9:40 PM
some loser showed up in this POS in 04. spray bombed the day of the show....he broke off his front bumper in the hotel parking lot....missing a passenger seat and half of the interior.....gay ass hacked up rear end....didnt even bother to wash it.

when asked why he even came, he said the bash wasnt about the cars, it was about the people....and he was right. so dont worry about what your car looks like....come for the atmosphere and the people. youll have the time of your life, guaranteed.

btw...that loser was me

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 10:51 PM
I'm registering on Friday. I'm so excited about the bash this year, I just really hope people start to pre-register so that the same thing doesn't happen like last year.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Wednesday, May 23, 2007 11:07 PM
i just got my audio sponsership through from audio express in el paso. so i prolly wont even have a system in my car when i show up and my car is 3 dif colors right now. i cant pass up my first bash tho plus im driving from alamogordo, new mexico to get there 1600 miles no one has an excuse to miss this.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:34 AM
Geoff wrote:i just got my audio sponsership through from audio express in el paso. so i prolly wont even have a system in my car when i show up and my car is 3 dif colors right now. i cant pass up my first bash tho plus im driving from alamogordo, new mexico to get there 1600 miles no one has an excuse to miss this.

you're ff ff f fff flippin crazy! I love it! road trip!

Ben...ur cute (Ben took my cherry at that bash in the back of that ugly thing he called a car)

Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:38 AM
paulie.....ahhhh, good times

Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:50 AM
Im gonna try to pre-register today, i know i say that like everyday, but its been a little rough lately.

<~~~~PWN3D!!
Thursday, May 24, 2007 5:58 AM
Joey Baggs (Eazy716) wrote:so we just go thru the checkout on the bash page for pre-reg??

how do we pre-order the shirts and stickers??

Thursday, May 24, 2007 7:28 AM
(tabs) wrote:some loser showed up in this POS in 04. spray bombed the day of the show....he broke off his front bumper in the hotel parking lot....missing a passenger seat and half of the interior.....gay ass hacked up rear end....didnt even bother to wash it.

when asked why he even came, he said the bash wasnt about the cars, it was about the people....and he was right. so dont worry about what your car looks like....come for the atmosphere and the people. youll have the time of your life, guaranteed.

btw...that loser was me

DONT forget my pos was parked right next to you.... and it had this on it......

anyway paul is right, 90% of the bash is about the people, the cars are just what brings us all together. If i can i might swing out on Saturday, im just not sure yet. My wife is DUE 2 weeks before the bash.

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/miscellaneous/60612/

Thursday, May 24, 2007 11:16 AM
yes just check out, at that point it will forward you to paypal for you to send money

Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:04 PM
^^excellent, thanks buddy!

Thursday, May 24, 2007 1:03 PM
I'll be there so will Aaron....we may not be in the Cavy though.....needs tires bad, and I'm broke!! If not we'll be pimpin in the Sol GXP

I'll try to preregister soon! Gotta pay bills first though.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 1:15 PM
hey paul just give me a call sometime and ill gladly help pay 4 the track and ill pre-reg. as well i might b out on park ave this weekend. depends on the weather though.

http://www.myspace.com/xtremegravity http://cardomain.com/ride/833995

Thursday, May 24, 2007 2:54 PM
understood about the bills haha. I am coming to the conclusion that this is the sucky part of the bash, making it all official and getting everything arranged. Got a couple more things done concerning the bash, but unfortunately, the list is a mile long haha

Thursday, May 24, 2007 5:04 PM
Well i jsut talked to the man himself. (order got messed up).

didnt expect a call about the tuner bash, threw me off guard...lol

and the best part.....now i have your phone number...let the prank calls begin

DTP's personal number is 419-867-5309

muhahah
wow you really fell for that???

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search