2007 GM TUNER BASH Date & Location! - Page 7 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2007 GM TUNER BASH Date & Location!
Saturday, January 20, 2007 8:55 AM
Boosted2point4 wrote:going for sure, and ken you better still come i want to run a vette
You dragging Derek too??? BTW, I need to talk to you later.. Call me...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, January 20, 2007 9:16 AM
please drag derek and his sunfire

Saturday, January 20, 2007 12:03 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:I think people would prefer pitchin a tent at a nice hotel.

There ya go Paul....

Im trying to get Team Green there for sure... only time will tell if all of us can make it

Saturday, January 20, 2007 12:19 PM
Wrench Monkey wrote:

Im trying to get Team Green there for sure... only time will tell if all of us can make it

well from what you told me i dont have much of a choice anyways.

Team GREEN Hauler
Saturday, January 20, 2007 12:19 PM
Wrench Monkey wrote:

Team GREEN Hauler
Saturday, January 20, 2007 12:30 PM
Z Speed Cavi wrote:
Wrench Monkey wrote:

Yep pretty much. I need a truck there because my cars gonna break goin down the track and i know it

Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:00 PM
hmmmmm.....
but I like pitching a tent... haha...

horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, Torque is how far you push the wall with you
Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:29 PM
weeee carnage!!!

Saturday, January 20, 2007 8:16 PM
I post it on the J-Body/Delta du Québec Forum. Not sure so far if I will be there, I love to for sure, I'm in College till January 2008, depend what will be on the program in July.

For us it about a 10hres drive,

Club J-Body Delta of Quebec, Montreal Division Event Planner

My Car Domain
Mon Char.Com

Sunday, January 21, 2007 4:23 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:
jbodyho wrote:DTP,

Will they allow camping at the track for this event? The link for camping at the MMS site is not working.

YES....camping at the track will be allowed...I already know of a few people thinking we should do that instead of a host hotel, but I just don't think people would prefer pitchin a tent to a nice hotel.

Thanks. Please fill in the details (about camping) over the next few months.

Project S-Bird
Monday, January 22, 2007 11:59 AM
Still waiting on host hotel info......... PAUL!!! LOL..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Monday, January 22, 2007 1:21 PM
No bracket racing................BOOOOOOOOOOO!
I love bracket racing.
2 quick 8s is a must though.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, January 22, 2007 2:42 PM
Bracket racing would be interesting

Monday, January 22, 2007 7:02 PM
bracket racing is BOOOORING.. Sorry guys. its entertaining only for the drivers.

As far as hotels...due to technical difficulties, they were unable to get my block reserved at the host hotel. Soon my friends...SOON. I'm hoping tomorrow morning. I'm calling them soon as one of my eyes open

Monday, January 22, 2007 7:46 PM
I'm not a driver, but I'd still find it fun to watch.

Monday, January 22, 2007 11:55 PM
Paul you ROCK!! I dont think any of us here can say thank you enough for setting this up. I cant wait to get the hotel info and book my room.

Dave
A new breed of J will be unleashed in 07
Creating the E-RACER one mod at a time
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Times for the 05 coming soon
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 12:49 AM
you guys can send thanks in forms of cash and boobies at the bash...prefer boobies...lots of them...nice perky ones....and i prefer them at 2" from my face or less

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 7:33 AM
I have some nice bewbies.................

Ok no I dont.

-Brandon

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 8:07 AM
Bracket racing is not boring... it is only boring if the track can not match cars up properly.
~~so sad~~

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 1:24 PM
i know bracket racing takes a certain amount of skill but id rather just haul ass down the track and get the fastest time rather than try to stay as close to my dial in as possible

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 1:41 PM
No bracket racing. It wont be the bash w/o it. But then again.... if it's the "GM tuner bash" then we could have a lot of different vehicles show up (so, I could bring the GTP too... yay!). Are we gonna have Quick8 Classes for different types of vehicles? Cuz I seen stuff about this being posted on boards specific to different cars.

Which, that brings up another question. Other types of cars. And even some of the more heavily modified J-bodies. Paul, I dunno if you've ever been to the DSM shootout at Norwalk or not. But we're talking, cars with quite a bit of boost. Quite a few of these guys roll into the track up there, and drive straight to the pump and put in some gas that's nicely over 100 octane. I figure some turbo J-bodies would show.... but if there are guys with Cobalts (supercharged) and Grand Prix's (supercharged) and running a lot of boost, perhaps they'd like some of the REAL good stuff? Just curious if this track has any gas available?

Better part, a friend of mine offered to go to the show with me. Benefits. Truck, trailer, he's got some rims and tires that he's gonna let me use (quite a bit more sticky than what I have currently). So, I think i'm ready for some fun. He's already helping me out with the new wiring and ECU, and we're probably gonna throw on a couple other goodies before the show too.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 7:33 PM
DTP...

Perhaps you could start a thread about the drag racing portionof the event , classes, etc.

I'd rethink not having at least one bracket class.

What's the plan for heads up classes?

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 7:54 PM
We haven't decided on all the classes for races yet. Everything of course is dependant on attendance.

My track contact, his name is Wade Rich. Real good guy to deal with, he's from tampa. He didn't like the idea of bracket racing, heads up is where the fun is at IMO.

As far as classes go...If we can get enough guys on slicks, I'd like to run a quick 8 dedicated to them. As far as the traditional quick 8 goes, we want to expand this to the quick 16. And if possible, split it across NA guys, and turbo/sc/nitrous guys. Nitrous guys can run both classes if they like, just close the bottle of course. If we get a lot of grand prix to show up, perhaps we can make a class for them too....I really don't have anything set in stone. So if you guys have suggestions, I'm VERY open to suggestions. This is your show guys, if you're not havin fun it's not worth putting on. I know there's a lot of demand for bracket racing, but a bunch of 15+ second cars running bracket races just isn't really exciting to watch. if you guys can show up early, thursday night is an open test n tune, so you can get some runs in against other locals and maybe get dialed in for the track before hitting it for the bash rental. If you guys want, maybe we can talk about having 2 days of racing....all depends on attendance!!!!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 10:24 PM
I'm hoping to head out there, flying of course.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 12:46 AM
wow...I've only wanted to meet you for like 3 years

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search