A thank you to Paul - Page 3 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: A thank you to Paul
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 8:05 AM
Dugan wrote:FYI Paul there a awesome track 30 min from my house, TG will even donate body to help things run. (well we would be glad to help no matter where its at)

if your talking about GLD, i agree. could have the whole thing in that area. 1/4 drag strip, bring in a sound comp. theres a 40 acre grass field they rent out behind the strip. plus a short drive away is the old AMC Proving Grounds in Burlington, WI. Theres a few AutoXs done there every year.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:51 PM
BoltZ22 wrote:if your talking about GLD, i agree. could have the whole thing in that area. 1/4 drag strip, bring in a sound comp. theres a 40 acre grass field they rent out behind the strip. plus a short drive away is the old AMC Proving Grounds in Burlington, WI. Theres a few AutoXs done there every year.

yes I forgot about the proving grounds, thats only 15mins from my house. Hmm...... Wisconsin is seeming like the prefect place for a 08' bash.

Dugan
'98 Z24 15.0 1/4 all motor
Team GREEN
Member of <a href="http://www.wisconsin-js.com"> Wisc_Jbodies</a>
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 9:05 PM
one of the points of me doing the bash....was giving it stability...same spot every year.....easier to build rep

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 7:39 AM
yea typically the best bashes have been the ones in OH

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 9:54 AM
I am sure there are a lot of other places in the US that would be appropriate to have a bash. Me personally I would like to have it at Mid Ohio or Nelson Ledges, but they would be expense to have there. The fact is it is easier for Paul to throw the bash near where he lives. This is in no way saying that a member couldn't put his own event on. Back in the day there were smaller pre meet bashes before the main one

It just seems like the more memorable ones have been in Ohio. ( maybe because I have been to them all, LOL!! )

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 7:04 PM
Jason wrote:I am sure there are a lot of other places in the US that would be appropriate to have a bash. Me personally I would like to have it at Mid Ohio or Nelson Ledges, but they would be expense to have there. The fact is it is easier for Paul to throw the bash near where he lives. This is in no way saying that a member couldn't put his own event on. Back in the day there were smaller pre meet bashes before the main one

It just seems like the more memorable ones have been in Ohio. ( maybe because I have been to them all, LOL!! )

I would LOVE for it to be at mid ohio (maybe 15 minutes away vs 1 hour). Agreed, it is HELLA pricey, and fewer of our cars are capable of handing the beating they'd take at mid ohio. In fact, my next door neighbor helped his dad build mid ohio sports car course But the track has since then been sold, and the new owner is a complete bitch....I won't give her another dollar of my money...I'd sooner go out of state! Nelson Ledges might be more affordable...but again the issue of no one's car can handle the abuse

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 7:26 PM
could it handle it? probably not...

but would i try?

you bet your ass I would

i better trade the caddy in on a truck and a trailer STAT

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Thursday, August 02, 2007 12:13 AM
Paul for this being your first attempt at putting on the bash i have to say things went Great. You couldn't help the weather that was out of your control. The bad weather i think brought out the best in people, seeing all those who helped Phewes out. Seeing all the cars and everyones passion for their cars reingnited the fire and passion to mod my car. Every bash i have been at ive had a great time ive met awesome people and have seen amazing cars. This bash was the best by far. I met new people and saw people i hadn't seen in a few years. To me the best part of the bash is at night when we are all hanging out outside or this year in my suite (406) and just getting to know everyone and what makes them passionate about their car.

I have NO doubt that next year and the years to follow will continue to get better and better.

Dave
A new breed of J will be unleashed in 07
Creating the E-RACER one mod at a time
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Thursday, August 02, 2007 8:46 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:Chillin in the "Team Green Suite"

E-RACER-05 (RADIO WAVE DAVE) wrote:To me the best part of the bash is at night when we are all hanging out outside or this year in my suite (406) and just getting to know everyone and what makes them passionate about their car.

We did kinda over take Dave's room, didnt we? What do we owe you Dave??? Thanks for having us!!!

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, August 04, 2007 7:04 AM
Sounds like you did an awsome job. I so wish i could have been there! But between work and a show on the Sat here close to home,(which i did place 1st) it just wasn`t meant to be. hope to see you back up here for the JCO 10th Ann. Keeping it in one spot each year is a good idea.its not that far for me and i hope to get down there for another one.I miss the good times at club 136!

www.otariocobaltclub.om

Saturday, August 04, 2007 11:53 AM
I'll be back at JCO for #10

Saturday, August 04, 2007 12:08 PM
We've created a really positive relationship with both the Holiday Inn Express and Dragway 42.....I see no reason to relocate. I dig stability as you had stated.

I loved this year, I'll say it again despite texting you Sunday....thanks buddy, love ya.

Saturday, August 04, 2007 1:05 PM
I say thanks for coming See ya at the KZOO BBQ!!!

Sunday, August 05, 2007 5:58 AM
Jason wrote:I am sure there are a lot of other places in the US that would be appropriate to have a bash. Me personally I would like to have it at Mid Ohio or Nelson Ledges, but they would be expense to have there. The fact is it is easier for Paul to throw the bash near where he lives. This is in no way saying that a member couldn't put his own event on. Back in the day there were smaller pre meet bashes before the main one

www.beaverun.com

(western PA)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, August 05, 2007 5:59 AM

Sunday, August 05, 2007 11:09 AM
Quote:

www.beaverun.com

(western PA)

I think Beaverun is a great place. I thought about suggesting it, but wasn't sure if DTP would want to travel 2.5 hours to set things up.

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
Sunday, August 05, 2007 3:25 PM
I've got a few ideas to host an autox next season since i wasn't able to make it happen this year. autox could potentially pay for a nicer track facility as well...LOTS of time left folks

Sunday, August 05, 2007 3:35 PM
Club 136! (DTP) wrote:I'll be back at JCO for #10

o hell yea. thast gonan be one crazy party

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 12:13 AM
It doesnt matter where the bash is...Im going. Paul will put on a hell of a show next year.

Im excited for JCO next year!! Woot. Paul you riding with me again?

Go Go OG Traction!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search