Well...I'm home...afterthoughts of the bash - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Well...I'm home...afterthoughts of the bash
Sunday, July 29, 2007 10:22 PM
well...not what i expected, thats for sure. IT WAS BETTER!

Well, as everyone knows, we got the storm of the year at the hotel, and it was nothing short of chaos. People were lapping the hotel praying to find safety somewhere, yet none were to be found. I felt sick knowing all these people's pride and joy was at the mercy of the weather that was dealt to us.

Due to weather, we had a LOT of things go sour on us, and we just had to make the best of what we had.

Overall, we pulled it off. A lot of people give me credit, but I really feel the credit goes to those whom attended. It was without a doubt, the best attendance I've seen at a bash since 2002 (first bash I attended) Everyone jumped at the opportunity to help someone if it was within their power. No one ever complained of anything that I heard at all. I learned a lot from doing this, and the storm sure didn't make things any easier for me AT ALL lol.

The Show - I'm still torn about the public judging idea. The cons are obvious, groups can vote a car into a trophy. One of the pro's that I didn't think of, was that judging the cars as an individual, made you look at the car closer, and really get a feel for how much work went into that car. So I think maybe next year I'll do a mix, but do expect a crowd favorite award of some sorts playing into the cars

Quick 8 - we almost didn't have one. running with the locals made it hard, and I wasn't nearly organized enough. Lessons learned for next year no doubt on this.

I did a good chunk of the bash by myself, and got help in a few areas when possible. Next year, I will have a larger staff, but now I know what to ask of them next year, and how to get things set up. I'm hoping things go smoother next year, weather and itinerary both.

There are a few standouts that I need to thank. These guys went above and beyond what was asked of them, and are what makes the bash what it is supposed to be about.

PJ (flyin skwirl) - He recognized that I was having troubles getting everything set up correctly for the quick 8, and just said here, let me help, and made it happen. ALL WHILE ALSO PARTICIPATING! I have so much respect for you man, can't wait to have you back next year!

Darren and Chris (GTPSunfire and SweetnessGT) - jumped in and did a record breaking axle change install. no one asked you guys to get your hands dirty, but ya jumped in and did anyways!

Chris (TaetschZ24) - for supplying the axle, and on top of that, didn't ask for a red cent for it, just said here, go make more runs! (which he couldn't cuz he found out his trans was shot too) Also thanks for taking a look at my own engine issues. a little Team Green diagnosis goes a long ways!

Perry Hansen (z22cavsrus) - Not only did you make the longest drive of anyone, you jumped in to help phewes get a push, AND you helped us get andy's car on the trailer. Thanks for letting us count on you man. Hope to see you back next year!

also to all the guys who helped push Phewes' car to safety, and helped get andy off the track when he broke.

For those who paid track admission in advance, I will be paypalling those entries back to you, as I did not receive a bill from the track, therefore you should not have to pay for it since you paid to get in the gate anyways.

In summary, I had a BLAST. Without a doubt, the most fun, and most respected bash I've ever been to (or hosted) We had a lot of curve balls thrown at us for this year's event, but nothing can stop us. The answer to everyone's biggest question already is...."Will there be one next year?" The answer is yes, I have plans to do one next year, bigger and better of course. Some things will change, some will be left alone, but the one thing I hope to never change, is the willingness of anyone and everyone to volunteer and lend a hand to anyone in need. My goal was to make the bash about the people again, and I feel we came through more then I could have ever expected. Thanks again to everyone!

Re: Well...I'm home...afterthoughts of the bash
Sunday, July 29, 2007 10:29 PM
Glad it went as well as it did. Wish I could've gone.

Count me in for next year!

Sunday, July 29, 2007 10:31 PM
You did a great job and I think everyone in JBO really wants to thank you for all the hard work you did. I'm glad to say that I think that the bash is back and hopefully it keep going strong like it did this year. I can only see positive things happening from this. Thanks for keeping the bash alive paul and all jbody members.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Sunday, July 29, 2007 10:38 PM
Stand up guy Paul, Hopefully I will have my next J by next year, if not I still want to come, maybe help, I did a lot of prebash things so I got some experience under me. I am glad things got pulled together, awesome job

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, July 30, 2007 5:47 AM
The only thing I didnt like about this years bash was the small attendance, but in alot of ways thats what made this years bash special. The ppl that did come were the really hard core ones that show year after year. Also the quality of cars at this years bash I think are the highest ever. Pretty much everyone was boosted. I think that pretty much all of us feel that a less than perfect bash is better than not having one at all. Last year was pretty damn disappointing not having one.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, July 30, 2007 5:57 AM
I met nearly everyoone from the org i wanted to. so i agree with RP.

Quick 8, was simply a problem of not enough people racing, i think we jsut need some more encouragement. Though i did enjoy getting a trophy. it was by default but still, nothing like redlighting, running a 21.7 1/4 and still getting a trophy .

a bigger crew will def take the worry off of you. overall i give it two thumbs up. thanks again paul.

o and we def need name tags "hi my name is, my org name is"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 30, 2007 6:06 AM

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Monday, July 30, 2007 7:00 AM
Club 136! (DTP) wrote:Perry Hansen (z22cavsrus) - Not only did you make the longest drive of anyone, you jumped in to help phewes get a push, AND you helped us get andy's car on the trailer. Thanks for letting us count on you man. Hope to see you back next year!

That drive sucked! but it was faster on they way home, we got off of I-80 and hit I-35 to 20 not only a fun drive (idk about perrys suspension) but everything looks cool too.

Glad we got andys car on without breaking anything more hope he can get it fixed alright

Thanks for setting up the bash paul See ya next year!

Monday, July 30, 2007 7:51 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it up Paul. Don't worry about refunding my money for the track,BUT I would like to the tee shirt I ordered if you don't mind sending it out to me...

Maybe next year I can get there.

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Monday, July 30, 2007 9:16 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:The only thing I didnt like about this years bash was the small attendance, but in alot of ways thats what made this years bash special. The ppl that did come were the really hard core ones that show year after year. Also the quality of cars at this years bash I think are the highest ever. Pretty much everyone was boosted. I think that pretty much all of us feel that a less than perfect bash is better than not having one at all. Last year was pretty damn disappointing not having one.

thats it right there....

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Monday, July 30, 2007 9:27 AM
I love paul!!!!

It was a wonderful weekend. It was kinda nice not worrying about having my car there. I could do what I wanted to. But i will definatly bring it next year, especially if there is an autox. There were alot of awesome cars there this year. I was very surprised to see some of them (jason's maroon cavalier comes to mind...drool). It was great to meat some people that I had never met before...though i seemed to miss some people too. Everyone was very friendly, and I enjoyed talking to everyone I hung out with! Unfortunatly there were quite a few setbacks, chads brake line failing before we even got on the highway, storm carnage, track time issues, mr brooks breaking, etc... But even with all of this, it was all shrugged off and a good time was still had by everyone as far as I could tell.

Amazing job paul. It was a pleasure watching you handle everything so well. I never doubted you would do a great job...now hurry up and get ready for next years...you have my number if you need anything.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Monday, July 30, 2007 3:28 PM
Paul
I think you did an amazing Job with what you had to work with. I was so pumped about this and am pretty pissed it worked out the way it did, unfortunately, my health at this point, could keep me out of my new job, and thats whats most important to me...

There is no questions about next year, i will be there without a doubt...and with a cav...

And sorry about the Meter, I exhausted every resource I had and everyone was pretty much booked up that weekend..

I say Job Well Done...

Monday, July 30, 2007 4:29 PM
Nice job again Paul.

It was pretty cool meeting new faces and seeing old ones again.. Chris,(sweetness) your crazy haha.. Nice to finally meet ya man.. I wish I met alot more people but I had no clue who everyone was lol..
Like said, most of the hardcore J-owners were there so that was cool.

The only thing I didnt like was the track fee.. Reason being is that I pre registered to race, then when I get to the track I had to pay 10 more bucks.. So all in all I paid 25 bucks to watch people race..

But I know it wasnt your fault Paul.. It was well worth it.. Made me Wish I was racing my car Next year will be a dfferent story... Also, weather permitting, Ill be staying all weekend next year

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, July 30, 2007 4:42 PM
i will agre, i had a blast. i hope we have this in ohio next year. Oh and Dave it was nice meeting you, Geeds, Devon, Chris, and Trey...BTW your hilarious when your tipsy!!!!lol..u know what i mean by that pizza

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Monday, July 30, 2007 4:56 PM
paul, you did an excellent job organizing everything, and it was your first bash as Host so I think you did a damn good job. I would have had the place a mess.

the show judging as a democracy was pretty cool. I know I don't really have much say in show cars since this is obviously not my forte, but it was cool because it seemed like this year's theme was "For Org members, by Org Members". It was a very people oriented show this year which I liked a lot.

the quick 8 was a bit of a mess at first, but we got it sorted out. as you said.. just lessons for next year's bash. If you need any help in the racing organization and setup, just let me know! I'll be sure to have a sub crew to work with me and make it a bit easier on everyone

the weather... I have mixed feelings about it

it sucks because some of the cars were damaged, and i was nervous because the skwirl was there obviously, and because I'm not used to a storm that strong coming on so suddenly.

but I think it really brought out the brotherhood and bond between all of us. we all did whatever we could to help each other, it was nice to rekindle that kind of common interest and see the org really stand together for the greater good.

The Phewes rescue, the tree raising, the parking lot cleanup, the XSIV fire driveshaft incident, the chillin out at the hotel.. all of it was an amazing experience

Thank you so much for getting the bash back up and running Paul. Things can only go uphill from here.

I hope to see you all again next year ...

Monday, July 30, 2007 5:32 PM
even tho i was still partially sick from the past week it still was an amazing event. glad i decided to come and cant wait to see what next year has in store for us

Monday, July 30, 2007 6:02 PM
the bash was awesome it was my first and will not be my last 12 hour drive or not meeting everyone was great

paul i wouldnt worry about some of the things like the weather is just something that happens as far as the small things live and learn and make it better i think the only thing that would have made it better was more attendance of the other organizations and it would be nice to maybe get club gp involved in it next year

but hey either way this bash this year rocked my socks off

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084827
Monday, July 30, 2007 6:16 PM
Matt, lol nice meeting you too man.. Sucks you didnt come to the track, I thought you were gonna come with all of us.. But its cool..

Yeah, when Im tipsy its a whooole different story hahha

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, July 30, 2007 8:49 PM
Monday, July 30, 2007 8:59 PM
The bash was awesome, met alot of cool ass people,and got a ton of pics, ill be putting them all up tomorrow
Monday, July 30, 2007 10:04 PM
You guys all missed the best part. THE HOT A$$ at Cedar Point, oh yeah and we all went 120mph in 4 seconds. that was fun too.

Paul, excellent job. i wouldnt change anything. well except the damage done to my car due to the hotels shingles but hey you cant control it. All i know is its a car, it can be replaced. people cant. Nobody was hurt,

While i was talking to Phewes he told me how many minds were blown that he was deaf. I never knew that after talking to him on line for so long but he is a great guy, i learned so much from him this weekend and no matter what he had a smile on his face. Well except when we had to go get his car and push it haha.

And pj dont forget (2) Yellow Top's

Thanks for everything and everyone.

We need a server to just download ALL the pics from one folder instead of trying to get them from 10 different posts. I want all of Erods, Darrens, Fetters, (sorry Cavattack cant remember your first name but i want your pics too.) XTREME, Machelz, Geeds, I wamt them all in one big folder.

Monday, July 30, 2007 10:06 PM
Phewes did blow minds, but agreed he is a great guy, hope to see you guys again soon

Monday, July 30, 2007 10:27 PM
and he's a P-I-M-P!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 4:18 AM
really wish i could have made it.....i pre-registered but a last minute issue cropped up and i wasnt able to make it....maybe next year guys....

<~~~~PWN3D!!
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 9:07 AM
phat a$$ bash paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! already lookin forward to next year. got some great pics and met even better people. if u need help with promotion next year i can help in the youngstown area and where ever else i happen to be traveling. got ur back man. good $hit!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 9:06 PM
thanks guys! I didn't just do it for you though...I missed a couple of you guys and didn't get to see you last year

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search