Bash Damage Claims? - Page 3 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Bash Damage Claims?
Sunday, August 05, 2007 9:21 AM
i got the were not responsible letter as well.

I wonder if I could get them to cover my deductable... its only a $100 deductable but I don't want to spend money out of my pocket to get the car fixed.

Sunday, August 05, 2007 9:33 AM
well looks liek my car isnt getting fixed then. it's on my mother's ins and we have like a 500 deductable, thats the cost to fix everythign most likely......o well

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Sunday, August 05, 2007 11:52 AM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:
Vincent Morris wrote:
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:I have not heared @!#$ yet.....

trust me dont get your hopes up
I never do.. Its my insurance company that might get its hopes up.... Mine will get fixed regardless.... just need to find time to do it and work it into Fetter's schedule.. .

Hmmmm maybe i should get a quote from Fetter too Could be a good idea Ive seen their work and well you know, AMAZING

Sunday, August 05, 2007 1:50 PM
Well I got the letter also I guess yesterday from them also. I kinda am a little pissed off. I was told that they where going to contact me instead of sending a letter to me. If they really want to play games I could win the argument due to the fact they said Act of God... If this is true believe in the fact there is a God that controls the weather, then you could also state that he controls all that happens. So it would then should be covered cause all claims would then be an Act of God since God created all and controls all right? Not very well thought out if you ask me... Well I'm within $600 bucks of being totaled out if I claim everything on the car. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I'm wondering about everything. Cause their property damaged our property plain and simple if you ask me. I'm going to look into this matter with a good family friend about the wording they used, and maybe ask for a copy of there agreement with the insurance company to see what they do and don't cover to word the claims right to get this all said and done with.

Vincent Morris wrote:
Vincent Morris wrote:
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:I have not heared @!#$ yet.....

trust me dont get your hopes up
I never do.. Its my insurance company that might get its hopes up.... Mine will get fixed regardless.... just need to find time to do it and work it into Fetter's schedule.. .

Hmmmm maybe i should get a quote from Fetter too Could be a good idea Ive seen their work and well you know, AMAZING
It is not that Fetter would paint it, but that he needs a booth at their shop to do the work in.

Sunday, August 05, 2007 3:34 PM
i dont care where he does it his work is top notch. and let me know how you spin it so we all can haha

Sunday, August 05, 2007 6:18 PM
trd cav, as far as the wording, get over it quick. a lot of insurance companys.. .if not all, use the term "act of god" bringing in religeous beliefs and whatnot, its a term they all use. you cant turn it on them. i wouldnt bother trying to either. sounds like the manager guy there did his part, and the insurance company gave the answer they should have. its pretty basic, the insurance company, building manager, company owner, etc have absolutely no control over the weather. your car insurance covers things like this. rate might go up, might not, but thats why people have full coverage on their cars. I didnt go, it didnt happen to me, but i have been in situations similar. fighting with insurance companies simply to make the hotels insurance cover it, so your insurance doesnt have to is a losing battle.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Sunday, August 05, 2007 6:34 PM
TRD Cav Fire wrote:Well I got the letter also I guess yesterday from them also. I kinda am a little pissed off. I was told that they where going to contact me instead of sending a letter to me. If they really want to play games I could win the argument due to the fact they said Act of God... If this is true believe in the fact there is a God that controls the weather, then you could also state that he controls all that happens. So it would then should be covered cause all claims would then be an Act of God since God created all and controls all right? Not very well thought out if you ask me... Well I'm within $600 bucks of being totaled out if I claim everything on the car. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I'm wondering about everything. Cause their property damaged our property plain and simple if you ask me. I'm going to look into this matter with a good family friend about the wording they used, and maybe ask for a copy of there agreement with the insurance company to see what they do and don't cover to word the claims right to get this all said and done with. .

Your not going to win the Argument just because they said "Act of God"

Heres the thing

1. I'm glad I didnt make it now, cause i would not want to go through this, and i am terribly sorry all of you have to.

2. The Hotel Shouldn't have to cover anything unless(like the insurance company said) it was there fault. If another car backed into yours in the hotel parking lot and didnt have insurance, would you expect the hotel to cover it? well...i guess some of you would.

3. How the hell do shingles come off the roof in pieces like that? I agree that the contracting company who did the roof needs to be looked at. As I said, I have gone through Microbursts, and a small tornado, PLUS I do contract work, roofing being one of the main things... Never ever have I see a roof just shred apart in that way.

4. If you recived damange from a branch or tree, go to your own insurance.

5. Sonny is amazing...you guys are very lucky he is in charge...

I'm not trying to be a dick to anyone...i know if be pissed if it happened to me, but come on now...It is an act of god(god, weather, britanny spears or whatever the @!#$ it is you wanna believe in) The hotel is not at fault.

Monday, August 06, 2007 9:02 AM
rosario is pretty much right. this isnt something your going to have a great chance to win and trying to take the insurance company to court will easily cost you tons more then the damage to yoru vehicles. the wording act of god is a terminology insurance companies use and im sure is defined really well in their insurance policy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, August 06, 2007 11:28 AM
Rosario wrote:
TRD Cav Fire wrote:Well I got the letter also I guess yesterday from them also. I kinda am a little pissed off. I was told that they where going to contact me instead of sending a letter to me. If they really want to play games I could win the argument due to the fact they said Act of God... If this is true believe in the fact there is a God that controls the weather, then you could also state that he controls all that happens. So it would then should be covered cause all claims would then be an Act of God since God created all and controls all right? Not very well thought out if you ask me... Well I'm within $600 bucks of being totaled out if I claim everything on the car. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I'm wondering about everything. Cause their property damaged our property plain and simple if you ask me. I'm going to look into this matter with a good family friend about the wording they used, and maybe ask for a copy of there agreement with the insurance company to see what they do and don't cover to word the claims right to get this all said and done with. .

Your not going to win the Argument just because they said "Act of God"

Heres the thing

1. I'm glad I didnt make it now, cause i would not want to go through this, and i am terribly sorry all of you have to.

2. The Hotel Shouldn't have to cover anything unless(like the insurance company said) it was there fault. If another car backed into yours in the hotel parking lot and didnt have insurance, would you expect the hotel to cover it? well...i guess some of you would.

3. How the hell do shingles come off the roof in pieces like that? I agree that the contracting company who did the roof needs to be looked at. As I said, I have gone through Microbursts, and a small tornado, PLUS I do contract work, roofing being one of the main things... Never ever have I see a roof just shred apart in that way.

4. If you recived damange from a branch or tree, go to your own insurance.

5. Sonny is amazing...you guys are very lucky he is in charge...

I'm not trying to be a dick to anyone...i know if be pissed if it happened to me, but come on now...It is an act of god(god, weather, britanny spears or whatever the @!#$ it is you wanna believe in) The hotel is not at fault.
Thank you for that. I was most then pissed when I wrote this, and just to also update I do have some shingles damage on the roof and some on the drivers side that I would of thought would of been covered. Thank you...

Sorry that I was upset that they state that it was an "Act of God" when they couldn't even prove that there is a God on paper. So lets drop that and get to the point. This post is not about that, and shouldn't be in the post. Thank you.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 12:07 AM
Sorry guys. That really is unfortunate.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 6:12 AM
Club 136! (OG Nick) wrote:Sorry guys. That really is unfortunate.
yup, Got my bendover and take it with no lube letter yesterday....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 10:18 AM
Well I now have an appointment with an adjuster to look over the car Thursday. Just over the phone he thinks the car is totaled. I really don't want to have to go out and find a car, buy it, and then fix all the little problems with it. So after Thursday afternoon I will let everyone know what is going on with mine. I hope to just get the highest check I can and still able to keep the car. Cause finding a 5-speed is never to easy.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 12:26 PM

no offense, but you didn't get a "bend over and take it with no lube letter". You got a "hey surprise, the hotel isnt responsible for weather damge" letter.... I still don't understand how people are still surprised about this. Take it up with your own insurance company, end of issue.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 1:11 PM
JLAudioCavalier(1bad02cav) wrote:

no offense, but you didn't get a "bend over and take it with no lube letter". You got a "hey surprise, the hotel isnt responsible for weather damge" letter.... I still don't understand how people are still surprised about this. Take it up with your own insurance company, end of issue.
Yes, I did... I was never even contacted... I have custom paint and damage to graphix. not as east to match up my paint as I mixed it to be custom. I know that the hotel can't be responsible for weather, but the damage incured to my car could have been prevented. There is no reason that that amount of shingles came of. I have been through a huricane and around a few tornadoes.. Never once have I seen sheets of shingles come off like that. They were not secured properly... If something would have flown off my roof at my house, I would be responsible(or atleast my insurance would be).

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 3:23 PM
they will argue the weather thing hard. the custom factor of your car and how hard or expensive it is to fix yours compaired to a factory paint color is 100% out of the argument of blame. that has absolutely nothing to do with who is at fault. i am willing to bet the manager guy here is going to in contact with the contractors who did the roof. if you guys are right that a crap job on the roof is to blame, then they will get it with THEIR insurance, i dont think the hotels insurance company is gunna budge. whether it is the contractors, or your own insurance, i hope everything works out in the end.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 8:25 PM
JLAudioCavalier(1bad02cav) wrote:they will argue the weather thing hard. the custom factor of your car and how hard or expensive it is to fix yours compaired to a factory paint color is 100% out of the argument of blame. that has absolutely nothing to do with who is at fault. i am willing to bet the manager guy here is going to in contact with the contractors who did the roof. if you guys are right that a crap job on the roof is to blame, then they will get it with THEIR insurance, i dont think the hotels insurance company is gunna budge. whether it is the contractors, or your own insurance, i hope everything works out in the end.
My adjuster is already working on it. After they saw the pics of the shingles they are in disagreement of "act of God"

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 4:36 AM
i agree with them as well because im god and i had nothing to do with this incident.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, August 08, 2007 5:48 AM
sndsgood wrote:i agree with them as well because im god and i had nothing to do with this incident.
I'm Fu(kin CRAIG!!!!!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 6:39 AM
I just laughed out loud at the god comment

Thursday, August 09, 2007 12:38 PM
JLAudioCavalier(1bad02cav) wrote:I just laughed out loud at the god comment
I'm not trying to be rude, but if you could not post in this post about things unless your car is in deed in the damaged list. I'm trying to keep this on topic as much as I can. Thank you for understanding.

I just found out that since I don't have the Toyota Parts on the insurance I don't get to add that into the added value of the car. Also don't have the rims on the car either. So I guess after this I'm going to have to make sure to add things like that without going crazy. I will know more tomorrow what everything is going to be.

Thursday, August 09, 2007 9:17 PM
1. don't single me out as if im the ONLY person who's car wasn't there, that is chiming in on this topic.

2. The stuff I stated was helpful. I was letting you guys know a little something about the whole insurance bit. Thought I would give some info that some people may have found useful about the insurance and who would or would not be at fault. Sorry to rain on your blame parade, you WILL indeed, get over it. I promise.

Friday, August 10, 2007 12:26 AM
Sucks to hear about everything you guys are going threw. I'm still trying to find out how my car didnt get damaged mine was parked in the line with darkstars, vince and right next to ryan's

Dave
A new breed of J will be unleashed in 07
Creating the E-RACER one mod at a time
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Friday, August 10, 2007 9:43 AM
E-RACER-05 (RADIO WAVE DAVE) wrote:Sucks to hear about everything you guys are going threw. I'm still trying to find out how my car didnt get damaged mine was parked in the line with darkstars, vince and right next to ryan's
Tell me about it Dave... I was parked between you and Fetter... Neither of you got a scratch..

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, August 10, 2007 12:58 PM
E-RACER-05 (RADIO WAVE DAVE) wrote:Sucks to hear about everything you guys are going threw. I'm still trying to find out how my car didnt get damaged mine was parked in the line with darkstars, vince and right next to ryan's
Tell me about it Dave... I was parked between you and Fetter... Neither of you got a scratch..
Paul wasn't so lucky, but David got missed from everything too. Damn basters

Update: Car is now totaled, and will be picked up Monday. I just bought a 01 Red Z24. It is an Auto, but I couldn't pass the deal since I don't have much time to find something. I got it for what they totaled out my car for plus 250, but I sold my 2.4 I have layin' around for 250 so I just traded in my Base 01' sedan for a fully loaded Z.

Friday, August 10, 2007 7:41 PM
TRD Cav Fire wrote:
JLAudioCavalier(1bad02cav) wrote:I just laughed out loud at the god comment
I'm not trying to be rude, but if you could not post in this post about things unless your car is in deed in the damaged list. I'm trying to keep this on topic as much as I can. Thank you for understanding.

I just found out that since I don't have the Toyota Parts on the insurance I don't get to add that into the added value of the car. Also don't have the rims on the car either. So I guess after this I'm going to have to make sure to add things like that without going crazy. I will know more tomorrow what everything is going to be.

this is the reason im going to have mine appraised soon. most people dont bother to look at their insurance to see what is actually covered and what is not, then you end up reading a post about how the insurance company ripped them off.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search