2008 GM Tuner Bash plans...everyone input! - Page 3 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2008 GM Tuner Bash plans...everyone input!
Wednesday, November 07, 2007 2:53 PM
i had a great time at last year's bash and while i could see that things weren't really working out the best for you paul (mostly due to the weather it seemed) it was still a blast and one of the best bashes i've ever been to. met a hell of a lot more people than i have at larger bashes and that was really awesome.

i completely agree with the name tags. i met so many people there that i couldn't always keep them straight or remember what their names were lol. hell, we can even just make our own name tags so it's not an extra added expense on paul.

to help with funding-jack up the registration price 5 or 10 bucks and try to get some sponsers. there were a decent amount of sponsers set up at the other bashes i've attended (04 and 05) and i bet they all paid to be there. the people that have never gone to a bash may not understand the amount of fun to be had there and i'm willing to pay like $50 to register if that's what it takes to afford it.

also, if the track has a big enough parking lot (since you're still not sure where it will end up) when i went to the indianapolis bash (05 i think) they held both the races and the show at the track. i understand that irp is a rather large place, but i also don't know what's around in ohio. maybe we can just use a park and make an enormous car show/bbq out of it? i'll do a shift on the grill if you want, plus it'd be better than the crappy microwavable food i was eating in my room for this past bash cause i'm poor lol.

i think the main thing with having the bash run smoothly is the people attending and this year we really didn't have many (or any that i saw) that were getting pissed off about things not going right to plan and they understood that some unforeseen issues came up and you were dealing with them as best as you could. i think for your first bash you did a great job, i'm sure you learned a lot and i can't wait to see you at the 08 one.

p.s.-with judging, at least there were no questions for my catagory

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 10:43 PM
you know john, I did not get ONE SINGLE COMPLAINT over who won under construction.

yes, I learned a TON. I did some research, lanyards are cheap. We're talkin less then 50 bucks for like 200. I got someone else in charge of lanyards, so I'm hopin to have those a done deal before the year ends.

Upon looking.....Mid ohio has their schedule up. Our window is going to be July 6-7, July 13-14. So I'll be in contact with all the tracks about rental pricing and track condition. How's that time frame sound for everyone?

Thursday, November 08, 2007 6:50 AM
13-14 is my vote

Thursday, November 08, 2007 8:12 AM
You're right. I don't wanna deal with 4th of July stuff. July 13-14 it is...

Thursday, November 08, 2007 9:57 AM
yay for 13-14! by bday is july 12!!! lmao PARTY FOR JOHN!!!!!

Thursday, November 08, 2007 11:07 AM
errr actually...12-13 for sure...14 too if we autox

Thursday, November 08, 2007 2:35 PM
12-13?! sweet! chewy better come back! i'm gonna try to get some chocolate cake for the late night parking lot partying. can't wait to celebrate my bday at the bash!

Thursday, November 08, 2007 2:47 PM
You're gettin a birthday spanking big boy!

Thursday, November 08, 2007 6:53 PM
hot damn. put in my time off request today

Thursday, November 08, 2007 7:13 PM
good 2 finally have a date. just let me no what i gotta do paul. i deff gotta b ur bitch since ur not here ne more lol

Thursday, November 08, 2007 7:30 PM
A few points that I can put in....

* I personally would rather have an outsider judge/judges to handle all of that stuff. I also like the idea of having one class in where the the people that are registered in the show can vote towards our own class. This will keep everyone quiet with how things end up.

* You need to make sure everyone registers this year. There was like 80+ cars if I recall and I think you said only around 40 or 50 registered ( I believe). I understand that the people that didn't register did not compete, but I think everyone should have to register to be able to show their car there.

* Are you planning on having the actual show at the hotel again? I would like to see it in an area where all the cars could be together and not seperated in anyway.

* As for the track, I think that the one we went to last year wasn't all that bad. I personally wouldn't want to drive a crazy long distance to go to the track. I would explore your other options and see what are possibilties and what are not.

* I think that if you plan on renting the track for a day that you are asking for trouble. I think that this years setup was ideal to me, well the way it was suppose to go. I say rent the first half of the day and then the second half be public, that way we can all get our runs in by ourselfs during the morning and early afternoon and then we can continue to race with the public for the rest of the day. If you rent out a track for the whole day I believe it will just get too costly.

* I like the idea of the name tags. As gay as they seem it will serve a good purpose.

* I love the idea of the Auto-X track, I think it could draw more attention from other platforms.

* I think that trying to get the different GM platforms to try to make this one of their main shows will be key. As much as I would love to keep it an all J-Body event, I think the only way to succed and to able to continue the bash each year is if we can get other sites to take to this event.

* Lastly, I just say everything needs to be more organized. I know it was the first one and it takes experience to learn how to run these events, but things need to not be so confusing. It took me a while last year to find out where to register, there was no signs anywhere it was basically just word of mouth. The judging sheets, nobody in the group I was in ever even got a sheet to judge. We could not figure out where to get them. I think that there should maybe be a sheet when people getting there explaining everything with the times and locations (with address') and where certain things (like registration and things of that nature) are located. This will make it much easier for everyone and wont make you have to do so many things at once.

That is all I can think of right now, I'll probably have more later.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!

Thursday, November 08, 2007 8:27 PM
* I personally would rather have an outsider judge/judges to handle all of that stuff. I also like the idea of having one class in where the the people that are registered in the show can vote towards our own class. This will keep everyone quiet with how things end up.

That's how I intend to do things this year.

* You need to make sure everyone registers this year. There was like 80+ cars if I recall and I think you said only around 40 or 50 registered ( I believe). I understand that the people that didn't register did not compete, but I think everyone should have to register to be able to show their car there.

I can't make anyone register. Most i can do is charge to spectate. I intended on doin that...but since it was at the hotel, that was flat out impossible.

* Are you planning on having the actual show at the hotel again? I would like to see it in an area where all the cars could be together and not seperated in anyway.

I do not want to have the show at the hotel again. I'll be finding a lot. I've begun contacting the tracks, I'd like to maybe put track day and show on the same day. I didn't have the last track for the entire day, only 4 hours. After that...it was open to public If I can, I'll have racing in the morning, with quick 8 runs around noon-1 or so. And then we can continue racing for those not showing, and go ahead and begin showing. So those who race, can continue racing, and those who show, can show, and we're not stranded at the hotel that much longer.

* As for the track, I think that the one we went to last year wasn't all that bad. I personally wouldn't want to drive a crazy long distance to go to the track. I would explore your other options and see what are possibilties and what are not.

That's as close as I could get to that particular track. Again, I'm in contact with a few other tracks to perhaps improve conditions, all depending on cost of course.

* I think that if you plan on renting the track for a day that you are asking for trouble. I think that this years setup was ideal to me, well the way it was suppose to go. I say rent the first half of the day and then the second half be public, that way we can all get our runs in by ourselfs during the morning and early afternoon and then we can continue to race with the public for the rest of the day. If you rent out a track for the whole day I believe it will just get too costly.

yes...I know this. 4 hours was all i had this one rented for

* I like the idea of the name tags. As gay as they seem it will serve a good purpose.

agreed...those are already in works, and should be completed by end of this year

* I love the idea of the Auto-X track, I think it could draw more attention from other p
latforms.

I could only hope! This one will be contingent on being able to get a place secured.

* I think that trying to get the different GM platforms to try to make this one of their main shows will be key. As much as I would love to keep it an all J-Body event, I think the only way to succed and to able to continue the bash each year is if we can get other sites to take to this event.

I tried like hell last year to get cobalts to join...no one was interested. I will continue to push, but unfortunately...the solstice/sky people are all older. Those guys don't want to hang with a bunch of people from our generation. Just too much gap.

* Lastly, I just say everything needs to be more organized. I know it was the first one and it takes experience to learn how to run these events, but things need to not be so confusing. It took me a while last year to find out where to register, there was no signs anywhere it was basically just word of mouth. The judging sheets, nobody in the group I was in ever even got a sheet to judge. We could not figure out where to get them. I think that there should maybe be a sheet when people getting there explaining everything with the times and locations (with address') and where certain things (like registration and things of that nature) are located. This will make it much easier for everyone and wont make you have to do so many things at once.

Last year was supposed to be a lot more organized. I had a LOT go wrong for me. First off, my computer data crashed 2 days before the bash, non-recoverable. I had to redo a LOT of things. Then there was the whole facilities thing went sour on us due to weather. HOPEFULLY things will seem smoother. I also now know how to have people help, so there will be more "workers". Judging sheets I printed off like 80 or something, apparently that wasn't enough. Jeremy was handing them out, and I forgot all about pens lol.
I had an itinerary sheet spelled out to help everyone...again...it was lost lol

That is all I can think of right now, I'll probably have more later.

bring it on...the more you throw at me, the better I can prepare for next year!

Thursday, November 08, 2007 9:36 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:You're gettin a birthday spanking big boy!

this kinda scares me....but not enough to make me stay home lol

Thursday, November 08, 2007 9:44 PM

Friday, November 09, 2007 5:13 PM
Woot Im going to this bash for sure now vacation is set

Friday, November 09, 2007 10:11 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:Hoodies/Sweatshirts, I suppose we could try that. At my shop though, minimum order is 12 shirts. I'll check with them on pricing and see about maybe getting that done.

contact me on that

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, November 10, 2007 9:25 AM
I'm already getting pumped for this. I thought you did a great job for your first time out Paul I only seeing it getting better.

Dave
Sideways is the best way to drive
07 Cool GXP, 01 Z
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Saturday, November 10, 2007 2:58 PM
BubbaKnoxz wrote:Woot Im going to this bash for sure now vacation is set

you better make it this year! we can meet up in pa and caravan!

Saturday, November 10, 2007 3:41 PM
hmmmm....i cant say a defining yes or no yet.....

depends where exactly you plan to hold it maybe......idk

Saturday, November 10, 2007 4:48 PM
sykeeok wrote:
BubbaKnoxz wrote:Woot Im going to this bash for sure now vacation is set

you better make it this year! we can meet up in pa and caravan!

caravan = fun

Saturday, November 10, 2007 9:40 PM
like i said. lots of good info. i also like the judges, but how will things be done. like for me, i have a gravel driveway, my sideskirts are chipped from it, are they going to go up to it and be like paint is chipped, 2/10. or how will it be done? The reason i liked walking around doing the voting was i would get to notice things that others wouldnt, for example, toyota mirros, is a judge going to notice them? or like me and joe having the smooth rear bumper. small stuff like that. or how rare phewes rims are, just stuff like that.

sounds like a lot of things are going well with the planning. keep it up. paul you coming through this way on the trip id say campout at my house and can probably get ahold of a 12 person tent

Saturday, November 10, 2007 11:31 PM
I know your thinking vince....unfortunately, I feel popular vote is proper judging. I'll find a way to implement both methods.

Btw...I have full intentions of stopping the caravan by your place if I can

Sunday, November 11, 2007 8:57 AM
vince its reall easy for the judge to know all the sublte things you have done. " tell them" all the shows i went to this year i make sure to tell them that the eco is swapped in and i have a rear end conversion etc etc etc. anything you dont think people would know about your car tell them and let them know. this is the reason i like drive thru judging. u dont have to sit around your car the entier day waiting for a judge, you can clean your car as you like , go thru judging when you want to. and be able to tell the judges all your custom mods. as for your paint you wouldnt get a 2/10 if the only issues you have are scratched side skirts.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, November 11, 2007 9:14 AM
EDIT: Jason covered it, in a nicer manner.

Flaws happen if you drive your car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, November 11, 2007 9:23 AM

Sunday, November 11, 2007 8:21 PM
sndsgood wrote:vince its reall easy for the judge to know all the sublte things you have done. " tell them" all the shows i went to this year i make sure to tell them that the eco is swapped in and i have a rear end conversion etc etc etc. anything you dont think people would know about your car tell them and let them know. this is the reason i like drive thru judging. u dont have to sit around your car the entier day waiting for a judge, you can clean your car as you like , go thru judging when you want to. and be able to tell the judges all your custom mods. as for your paint you wouldnt get a 2/10 if the only issues you have are scratched side skirts.

i didnt mean literally 2/10 it was just an example. ive never heard of drive through judging. mainly out of many of the shows ive gone to it was judges walking around inspecting the car on their own. kinda coll for the drive through but wouldnt work for this haha.

Even if you get some people that show up that are considered respectable. have them do it. how you select them i have no idea. but things are looking good for changes to the next bash.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search