2008 GM Tuner Bash plans...everyone input! - Page 6 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2008 GM Tuner Bash plans...everyone input!
Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:27 AM
DroptopPaul wrote:geeez droppin out alREADY?

yeah, couple issues came up which caused me to take some time off work, that's going to throw me short in July.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:31 AM
ill be out there... it will be my first bash also, but im going out with some buddys so it will be cool... see you all there

JstAcav
Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:42 AM
DroptopPaul wrote:
97&04cfcavy(now just 04) wrote:paul i think me n stier are gonna plan to come to the bash this year if its in ohio...ive been trying to come now for a year or 2.

consider it a rule of the bash....its staying in ohio...no matter lol

good deal its about a 3 1/2 hour drive then for us...hopefully the car will be done and i can get off work!

Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:35 AM
Any word on a set date yet?

Under Construction
Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:35 PM
I just got done talkin to them...they're finalizing their main events, and then they begin track rental scheduling....all in time folks. Besides, we got 7 months to go...PLENTY of time

Friday, January 11, 2008 8:55 AM
DroptopPaul wrote:I just got done talkin to them...they're finalizing their main events, and then they begin track rental scheduling....all in time folks. Besides, we got 7 months to go...PLENTY of time

not for people to plan vacations from work but oh well........

and I had a thought about the previous mentioned name tags.........you should have everyone wear a sticker or badge of some sort with their JBO sig in it. I know I've met a ton of JBO peeps in the past years, but their username doesnt register in my head til i go home and see the sig, lol

just a thought

Friday, January 11, 2008 9:13 AM
Joey Baggs (JCE Designs) wrote:
DroptopPaul wrote:I just got done talkin to them...they're finalizing their main events, and then they begin track rental scheduling....all in time folks. Besides, we got 7 months to go...PLENTY of time

and I had a thought about the previous mentioned name tags.........you should have everyone wear a sticker or badge of some sort with their JBO sig in it. I know I've met a ton of JBO peeps in the past years, but their username doesnt register in my head til i go home and see the sig, lol

just a thought

that wouldn't be a bad idea, but sounds kinda costly to print out all those color pics. besides, there's internet in the hotel. look them up while you're out there joey. i'm definitely a fan of name tags though. everytime i met someone last year i had to ask them their name each time i saw them cause i couldn't remember lol. there were a couple i recognized from previous events or pics on here, but other than that it's just too many people to meet in too short of a time. that and i'm horrible with names....or remembering much of anything for that matter. lol

Friday, January 11, 2008 12:52 PM
is this for just j bodys
Friday, January 11, 2008 1:02 PM
sykeeok wrote:
Joey Baggs (JCE Designs) wrote:

just a thought

that wouldn't be a bad idea, but sounds kinda costly to print out all those color pics. besides, there's internet in the hotel. look them up while you're out there joey. i'm definitely a fan of name tags though. everytime i met someone last year i had to ask them their name each time i saw them cause i couldn't remember lol. there were a couple i recognized from previous events or pics on here, but other than that it's just too many people to meet in too short of a time. that and i'm horrible with names....or remembering much of anything for that matter. lol

could be a little more costly, but to keep it down, maybe use those credit card sized shipping labels and print them off a normal printer. you could prolly get 12-18 per sheet on those. idk, just a thought as im also terrible with names, and even when people tell me their JBO names, i still cant picture who it is, lol

just a thought

Friday, January 11, 2008 7:31 PM
Adam Lewis wrote:is this for just j bodys[/quote

no any gm tuner car

Sunday, January 13, 2008 8:32 AM
Im comin from toronto ...
First Year (dont think i'll be registering as i dont think the car is even close to beign good for a show ... but we'll see what the next 6-7 months brings)
Wonderin if peoples from toronto wanna meet up n go down

Sunday, January 13, 2008 3:33 PM
Doyle wrote:Im comin from toronto ...
First Year (dont think i'll be registering as i dont think the car is even close to beign good for a show ... but we'll see what the next 6-7 months brings)

they probably have a class you would fit into. there were a few different classes per vehicle this past year to split up between how many and what types of mods everyone had. besides, the more people that register the more it will help out paul and help to keep this going. i'm sure this is costing him an arm and a leg to run.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 4:12 PM
Hey all i dont know if we can do this but i alreay talked to these guys. It cost quite a bit but i think would be awsome to have at an event!
http://www.dyno-go.com/
If the bash is in NE Ohio id suggest tryin to get these guys in there. Also to get better attendance and money id suggest having a Stereo comp. for anyone. Im sure i can find the Rep for that area with MECA to have a sanctioned event. If anyone needs help i can try.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 6:28 PM
i'd be willin to help out on makin name tags. my g/f works at fedex kinko's and should be able to whip somethin up cheap.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 8:35 PM
well, I assigned a guy for lanyards...but...that was supposed to be done already, and I've heard nothing since it was discussed.

You guys want lanyards or stick on name tags?

Monday, January 14, 2008 2:47 PM
lanyards would probably make it through the weekend better, but i personally don't care either way. whatever's easiest for you paul.

Monday, January 14, 2008 5:44 PM
as far as name tags and lanyards go with lanyards with blank event tags and people can right their own name and screen name on them. the event tag saying gm tuner bash 08 on the top with a border maybe

just an idea

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084827
Monday, January 14, 2008 9:49 PM
Paul...............

Let me know on the shirts we talked about....................

Monday, January 14, 2008 10:49 PM
^ shirts you say?

---

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:42 AM
Yes, Karo and I are talking about doing shirts together this year, with him being a major sponsor of them.

Supposed to get a call this week or next from the track to make sure we got our date. I'm chompin at the bit here, cuz I'm tired of not knowing for sure so i can further my plans.

Also...closest to the track, or would you not mind driving 15-20 minutes to save a few bucks?

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 7:04 AM
sykeeok wrote:
Doyle wrote:Im comin from toronto ...

they probably have a class you would fit into. there were a few different classes per vehicle this past year to split up between how many and what types of mods everyone had. besides, the more people that register the more it will help out paul and help to keep this going. i'm sure this is costing him an arm and a leg to run.

and I assume you Toronto guys are going to come thru buffalo/peace bridge so we could all meet up on the way.

uless theres a better way for you guys...not sure

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:08 AM
oh, and for those who say...my car's not show worthy....you're also not supporting the bash and helping me put this show on at all. lol so at least race or something to help the others! these things don't fund themselves!!!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:16 AM
@!#$ yo couch!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:17 AM
jnickel wrote:@!#$ yo couch!

wait....whose car was that??

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:35 AM
so lets get a date.....need to fit it into my schedule.....

o and yay for paul

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search