2008 GM Tuner Bash plans...everyone input! - Page 7 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2008 GM Tuner Bash plans...everyone input!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:54 AM
im tryin!!!! tell them to hurry not me

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 11:50 AM
Im already at the bash now, where you guys at?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 11:55 AM
yea like joey said, id meet up wit some toronto guys, because im prolly gonna go thru buff, wit a couple of my friends if i can get the date off

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:30 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:Also...closest to the track, or would you not mind driving 15-20 minutes to save a few bucks?

how many bucks is it gonna save?

---

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:48 PM
I dunno yet...waiting on a date first Just curious how far away I need to hunt hotels

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:55 PM
If i remember correctly... Norwalk is kinda in the middle of a field, without a hotel terribly close by. So we might be driving 15-20 min no matter what lol. In either case it doesnt matter, where the party goes I will follow

---

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:00 PM
Alright ...... Im in ....... and im guessing its the faster way to go thru buffalo then windsor .... (havent been that route yet)
i think i may take her down the 1/4 too
Paul .... i really dont feel like my fire is show worthy ....
but like these guys said
1 many different classes and levels of mod judging
2 If Help is needed ... (more then attendance) it cant hurt ...
3 u kno u'd help a fellow j body member with anything ..
4 We all gotta start somewhere

If theres Anything needed to be done
from now till the bash that needs work on and i can do it ... hit me up
Physical labour if needed too im down ...
anything really paul that would ease the upcoming load your about to endure ....
i know all the true j body guys appreciate this alot from u

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:44 PM
I got a couple tricks up my sleeve. This year should definitely be bigger/better in a lot of ways besides just more people and a bigger track.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 11:02 PM
Well I might have to drop out of going to this bash as well ... If I get hired by the Corrections Dept in my county, I will not be able to make it to this bash. Reason being they wont give us new recruits weekends off or even day shift. Its @!#$ bull@!#$ I say.......

Under Construction
Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:50 AM
If and when you get the date together I can tell you for sure i could go any time but that one weekend.

SATCH PROGRESS THREAD!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:58 AM
well, we're workin on some things, so the date MAY change to accomodate for some new developments in the planning. If all works out, it should be a lot of fun for everyone

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:50 AM
have you narrowed down the month yet? lol can't remember if you had.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:34 AM
well, it was looking to be july...but, there's a few things in the air right now that could potentially alter it completely

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:01 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:well, I assigned a guy for lanyards...but...that was supposed to be done already, and I've heard nothing since it was discussed.

You guys want lanyards or stick on name tags?

not sure what would be the cheapest, but if you are already doing laynards, perhaps have the logo and bash info on one side and leave one side blank and then you could just print out some mailing labels with a persons sig on it and slap it on the back side of the laynard. cause i really like the idea of having a person's sig and screen name for reference.

if you think the sig idea is cost prohibitive, maybe we could have one or two people volunteer to make them (cause it wouldnt cost THAT much. ive already got a pack of blank labels here...just need some ink for the printer) and donate them to the bash. id be down with that.

coming back in 2008...
Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:48 PM
im really hoping that ill be ble to show up, anyone else from western cananda thinking bout going?

Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:11 AM
If someone wants to volunteer taking care of the printing of signatures thats fine. I also thought of maybe setting up a form online and you print your own nametag, and dress it like you want. Just an idea...

Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:13 AM
DroptopPaul wrote:If someone wants to volunteer taking care of the printing of signatures thats fine. I also thought of maybe setting up a form online and you print your own nametag, and dress it like you want. Just an idea...

if Ben is in, I think me and him could coordinate the sig tags for everyone.

try and help take a little load of you buddy. and if theres anything else i could potentially help with, just let me know. i'll do what I can to help out

Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:30 AM
just make sure thats done is all I ask. I have yet to actually receive help with the event, only empty promises

Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:46 PM
sure thing Paul.......like I said, I'll do whatever i can to help.

the toughest part is gonna be figuring out who all is REALLY going. we can start gathering names and sigs for those that are definately going, and worst case, for the people who just show up or last minute entrys, we could always bring a laptop and printer to print off right at the bash.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:45 PM
Hey would F-bodies be included in the bash? I know a few guys that might be interested in going.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:54 PM
tuner...bash...they're not lol. It's a different scene, and frankly, most V8 guys don't get along with 4 banger guys. Not approaching that possibility. If they want to come, thats fine, but they won't participate in quick 8 entry or the show. they can race, just not competitively.....

Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:54 PM
For the lanyards. I dug around and I found the one that I had from the 02 bash.

Sunfire owners had one that said Pontiac Sunfire on it.. I'd say something like 08 Tuner Bash on the lanyard. For the badge pretty much like what's on here. The logo for the year, person's name, username, and where they're from. It would take a lot of time and ink to be printing everyone's sig picture and therefore increase the cost. I think something along this line would do fairly well.

For the hotels. Buschur has the DSM/EVO shootout at Norwalk every year. Here's the hotels I found posted on Buschur forums. That's what they use, and I'd assume that Dave's been doing that for so long, that the cost is probably figured out by now. I'd suggest going with what they use. Might be the only hotels around anyways.... lol.

Amerihost. 419-663-1922
Econolodge. 419-668-5656
Best Western. 419-663-3501

For the money issue is there anyone that might be willing to donate a few bucks to help Paul get the ball rolling? Maybe that's something you could set up there Paul. Additionally, if there's anything I can give you a hand with let me know. I was also looking at lanyards online real quick was gonna shoot you a message on AIM, but it says that you're mobile. I'll wait til you're actually at a computer to discuss.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:15 PM
Joey Baggs (JCE Designs) wrote:
DroptopPaul wrote:If someone wants to volunteer taking care of the printing of signatures thats fine. I also thought of maybe setting up a form online and you print your own nametag, and dress it like you want. Just an idea...

if Ben is in, I think me and him could coordinate the sig tags for everyone.

try and help take a little load of you buddy. and if theres anything else i could potentially help with, just let me know. i'll do what I can to help out

im down

coming back in 2008...
Friday, January 18, 2008 12:11 AM
any help thats needed you know you got ya boy in FL down for the cause
i kinda have a job already but still....any needs holla

Saturday, January 19, 2008 1:08 PM
just lettin ya know.....love the new sig jesse. one of the best movies ever!

coming back in 2008...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search