CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!! - Page 2 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Monday, May 26, 2008 10:57 PM
Wade just take a breath and not worry man. I think Paul will get it all fine for us to run as many as we want. Like he said, most people only want 2-4 runs anyhow. I have a car that could easily break with the power and traction combination... If I don't break on the 3 runs I plan on getting in, it will be a blessing and I won't be chancing it past that lol.

I stil say option 1 should work best for everyone as a whole.


On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart

Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 7:56 AM
Im not a fan of the track but I know lots are, its your call. do me a favour send me as much info as you have on the event. From location to attendance to last year what your going for I'll whip a proposal up and send it out to my contacts. I know for a fact i can get product...... money is a little harder but let me work with it. Also I will bring stacks of Performance auto and Sound mags and cheap subscription order forms if anyone wants them.





Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 3:08 PM
Paul want me to talk to DEI and see if I can get them to do a lil something? Either way I'll be at the bash and having a good time


Click Sig for Jersey GM's Official Website

Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 11:22 PM
I'm down for whatever...



Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 8:38 AM
Whatever we do, lets just not bring another damn storm like last year Even though my car had a forcefield around it during the storm hehe..

But I agree, now that I think about it I probably wouldnt want to make anymore than 4 runs on the track in fear of breaking something.. IM sure alot of other people are in the same boat.. So all that money for a private rental really doesnt justify most people only doin a couple runs.. Plus it'll be fun seeing the publics faces in reaction to all the J-bodies hangin around

Just as long as we have a BASH only event, ie: car show or something, im down for whatever.













~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
______________________
WHITECAVY no more
2012 numbers - 4SPD AUTOMATIC!!
328 HP
306 TQ
Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 8:52 AM
Hey Paul you don't personally know me but I planned on coming to the bash and I live in the dayton area. this thing is practically in my back yard. I haven't read through all the posts but I can name a couple of place that might be interested in sponsoring this thing. Hell there is a tuner shop right on the way to kilkare. I also have some place that we can cruise and have fun. Hit me up I really want to go this year.


The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 10:11 AM
i like the sponsor idea. 5 sponsors @ $300 each alleviates the financial burden from you. if individuals like blue deuce are willing to pony up $100 out of pocket, surely a business can do a measly $300

start littering .org businesses with propositions




Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 12:42 PM
(tabs) wrote:

i like the sponsor idea. 5 sponsors @ $300 each alleviates the financial burden from you. if individuals like blue deuce are willing to pony up $100 out of pocket, surely a business can do a measly $300

start littering .org businesses with propositions

Agreed.



Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 3:42 PM
I'm working on a few things, I'm not promising success, but I'll promise you an effort



Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:39 PM
(tabs) wrote:

i like the sponsor idea. 5 sponsors @ $300 each alleviates the financial burden from you. if individuals like blue deuce are willing to pony up $100 out of pocket, surely a business can do a measly $300

start littering .org businesses with propositions


Agreed, but this is kinda short notice. Maybe one or two places may jump on board to help.


Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:44 PM
even 3 businesses @ $300 takes care of half of the remainder. then another 30 people pre-register and its all paid for





Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:43 PM
Give me a call paulie. I can probably front a bit of cash to help out.



Go Go OG Traction!!
Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Thursday, May 29, 2008 12:59 AM
Part of the fun of the bash in years past is that we have track time and don't need to deal with all the other cars and dont have to share it, a bash without a quick 8 is hardly a bash at all

if your going to scrap something scrap the trophy costs you would have with a show and put that towards the track

People say this "oh well its about the people" and thats true to a certain extent, but I'm sure as hell not driving 400 miles to get drunk in a parking lot, there has to be some "event" whether it be a show or a race, preferably both because thats how its always been done in years past, otherwise its fairly pointless to even go. Take donations or something, hell id throw an extra 20-30 bucks to make it happen if thats what it takes from everyone.



1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85





Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Thursday, May 29, 2008 6:11 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:

People say this "oh well its about the people" and thats true to a certain extent, but I'm sure as hell not driving 400 miles to get drunk in a parking lot, there has to be some "event" whether it be a show or a race, preferably both because thats how its always been done in years past, otherwise its fairly pointless to even go. Take donations or something, hell id throw an extra 20-30 bucks to make it happen if thats what it takes from everyone.


I tend to drive 400 miles to be entertained by those drunk in the parking lot !!!

I am more than willing to kick in some more money on top of my registration towards the track rental




Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:58 AM
sharing a track with others might not be a bad idea. at least then you get to see how well your car stacks up against others not just GM products.



Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Thursday, May 29, 2008 2:34 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Part of the fun of the bash in years past is that we have track time and don't need to deal with all the other cars and dont have to share it, a bash without a quick 8 is hardly a bash at all

if your going to scrap something scrap the trophy costs you would have with a show and put that towards the track.


thats stupid. people go for the car show, some go for the track time. some go for both. if you call off one part of the bash you might as well call off the whole thing.



Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:26 PM
I'm going to be driving 1100 miles(one way) to see a couple close friends, have a good time with an eclectic group of people, and check out people's cars that I have been dying to see. The fact that without a formal "event", you wouldn't even go tells me that you haven't got the personaly people would want to be around anyway. I don't see an issue with running at a track where it isn't a private rental. Everyone who says "do this... do that" YOU do it for him, let us know how easy it is. Get sponsors to pick up the costs, get the private rental at YOUR expense. Don't be greatful that Paul is even putting this effort into something for everyone to enjoy, all we should do is bitch and moan and tell him how to run things. Honestly, this is the THIRD time I have said this.... IF YOU ARE ONLY GOING FOR THE FORMAL EVENTS, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME, YOU WON'T HAVE ENOUGH FUN.


On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Thursday, May 29, 2008 6:09 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:

I'm going to be driving 1100 miles(one way) to see a couple close friends, have a good time with an eclectic group of people, and check out people's cars that I have been dying to see. The fact that without a formal "event", you wouldn't even go tells me that you haven't got the personaly people would want to be around anyway. I don't see an issue with running at a track where it isn't a private rental. Everyone who says "do this... do that" YOU do it for him, let us know how easy it is. Get sponsors to pick up the costs, get the private rental at YOUR expense. Don't be greatful that Paul is even putting this effort into something for everyone to enjoy, all we should do is bitch and moan and tell him how to run things. Honestly, this is the THIRD time I have said this.... IF YOU ARE ONLY GOING FOR THE FORMAL EVENTS, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME, YOU WON'T HAVE ENOUGH FUN.


thats a lil harsh. i've wanted to go to the bash since i got my Cavalier like 4 years ago. Money has always been an issue. I hate to say it but if there isn't a track time or show, i probably won't be going. I can't justify spending all that money (especially gas money) to come and just hang out. I'd like a lil extra to entice me. Now am I saying Paul needs to front it all? NO! Quite frankly, I think the prepay shouldn't include the Track. We should just invade a TnT night. That makes it so all Paul has to do is decide which track we will be going to and then we just pay the track ourselves when we get there. As for the show costs, do it in the hotel parking lot and us the prepays to cover the cost. If he can't get enough prepays to cover the size of the show he wants, scale it back some. Something is better then nothing.

All in all, some of us just can't justify spending all that money just to hang out in a parking lot/hotel for a weekend.


Paul shoot me a PM. I maybe able to help with the show a lil.




5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Thursday, May 29, 2008 6:12 PM
sponsors...the event is annual and huge. So many car sponsors would be all over it i'm sure



Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Thursday, May 29, 2008 7:14 PM
I'm not cancelling the show, I'm not cancelling the quick 8...under any circumstance. I really do think I can make everything work, and everyone will still think it was a great time. I had some good feedback on my first event, some called it the best they ever been to. So if I can do that wingin it on my first try, I think I've earned some faith One thing I can promise...it isn't gonna suck, and everyone will have a good time! GUARENTEED!



Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Thursday, May 29, 2008 8:00 PM
NO DOUBT


56 days til departure



http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084827

Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Thursday, May 29, 2008 8:27 PM
Blwn LD9 wrote:

Rodimus Prime wrote:

People say this "oh well its about the people" and thats true to a certain extent, but I'm sure as hell not driving 400 miles to get drunk in a parking lot, there has to be some "event" whether it be a show or a race, preferably both because thats how its always been done in years past, otherwise its fairly pointless to even go. Take donations or something, hell id throw an extra 20-30 bucks to make it happen if thats what it takes from everyone.


I tend to drive 400 miles to be entertained by those drunk in the parking lot !!!

I am more than willing to kick in some more money on top of my registration towards the track rental



anyone in particular?????


Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Friday, May 30, 2008 4:51 AM
Hey Paul, I'll Pony up a $300 sponsorship from my company account if it'll help.

If the price of diesel fuel keeps going up I might not be able to trailer the Sunfire out BUT I would still drive the Sky R/L out just so I won't miss another Bash.





"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Friday, May 30, 2008 9:27 PM
so whats up with the same place as last year? 42 is not all that bad is it???
not any worse as the other tracks



horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, Torque is how far you push the wall with you
Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Friday, May 30, 2008 9:36 PM
if it is as bumpy and ill-maintained as paul is saying, i would prefer not to run at 42.


On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search