CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!! - Page 3 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Friday, May 30, 2008 10:49 PM
it really is that bad. street cars didnt notice, but the race cars did, and everyone comes to see the race cars, not so much the street cars its a safety concern...period

Saturday, May 31, 2008 6:57 AM
LOL
I just want 42 because its right down the street from me... haha the leash isn't as long as it used to be with the new baby and all.. haha

horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, Torque is how far you push the wall with you
Saturday, May 31, 2008 5:06 PM
make the woman watch the kid for the weekend. some of us are going a lot further than "down the street" for this event, you can do it for the benefit of a nice track lol.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Saturday, May 31, 2008 10:39 PM
john317(AKA Gary the Old guy) wrote:Hey Paul, I'll Pony up a $300 sponsorship from my company account if it'll help.

If the price of diesel fuel keeps going up I might not be able to trailer the Sunfire out BUT I would still drive the Sky R/L out just so I won't miss another Bash.

that's awesome man...

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 3:05 PM
Paul.. what you cobbled together last year was more fun than I've had at the local bash... and you were doing it on a wing and a prayer.

I am returning this year not because I raced and won the quick 8... (I didn't even race)... and not because I won some uber amazing trophy... (I didn't even enter into the show)... or because my car looked like the god of J-bodies... (I cleaned it with dirty water in the parking lot before the monsoon, and then parked it in mud at the track)....

I am returning because I got to meet the people who have helped me over the past 7 years and of which I have helped myself. People that have become friends... and even others that have come to dislike me. I love meeting those people. lol.

People that don't know what Canadian beer is all about and need to realize that it's life-altering.

(on a side note I'm also returning because I found out you can BUY BEER AT WALMART in the States! ZOMG! I'm comin back with TWO shopping carts this time!! hahaha)

Whatever you come up with, I will show up with my girl and the car.

I'm one of the people who won't race due to a potential need to tow out of country... but I'll damnwell show up and have an amazing time and not shut up about it for 365 days until the next one is held.

You don't need a crazy expensive track rental to make it a fun bash. A test 'n tune will be fine I'm sure people got in enough runs last year and we all got to watch the SpeedracerZ make its victory lap. Memorable enough for me.

p.s remind me to pre-register I'm sorry I'm really forgetful like that bud. IM me until I do lol.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, June 03, 2008 4:54 PM
Mr. Sweetness couldn't have said it better.

Last year was my first year and Paul threw that bash together and I had a great time, didn't race, I had no expectations of winning a trophy at the show. I met a buncha cool people and can't wait to get back to see them and meet more. I won't race this year and don't expect to win a trophy(probly better that way cuz I'm not sure what I would do with it). I plan on driving 11 hours to hang out and have a good time.

51 days til departure

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084827
Wednesday, June 04, 2008 6:14 AM
I think I have some good news Paul check your PM

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 7:15 AM
Hope you post a FINAL update when this is all sorted out.

See ya soon!

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Wednesday, June 04, 2008 1:32 PM
talk to me paulie....ive got some ideas

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 9:54 PM
call me paul, not because I have some fancy news, or help. but because everyone else wants you to, and im just a bored lonely man

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Monday, June 09, 2008 5:46 AM
Gm Tuner Bash

http://pasmag.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=326&Itemid=127

Also potential sponsors as of today im trying im trying

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:02 AM
as long as the money is coming out ot pauls pocket i dont think people should complain about not having private track for the day, if anyone wants the track blocked off just for us. pony up the two grand or whatever the cost is and put your money where you mouth is, its pretty easy to tell someone else to pay all the expenses up front. but the fact is we just dont pull in enough people to warrant paul to do that. if he does he's gaurenteed to lose money. to everyone saying lets just pitch in some money to do it, thats what pre registration is. if enough people can't preregister to get the money paul needs, then he shouldnt put out his own money for it.

for a quick eight or whatever just have whoever wants to enter it throw in 10 bucks to pauly and then they can do their runs, collect their slips and turn them in at the end of the night, paulie or whoever can tabulate the scores and bam you have a winner.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:17 AM
Im in like Flin no matter what. Its not about shows or tracks and for those who only care about those things should just shoot yourself in the face now.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 12:41 PM
The 3 tracks in the area are all pretty decent tracks. I have ran at all 3.

Kil-kare T&T is on thursday nights and it sucks the way the operate the lanes. All bikes, then all drag cars, and then 8-10 cars out of each street car lane. But nice track with good traction.
Tristate runs T&T thursday and saturday. not positive on the saturday in the summer though. But you can run hot laps.
Edgewater is on fridays but i will get more on it here in a bit

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008 2:17 PM
Edgewater is also known as slick water because of terrible track prep for T&T. But the lines move fairly fast and there and is usually quite a few different cars (lots of turbo dodges and and civics) . I have also had some of my best MPH's at edgewater

So in other words.

Kil-Kare (Xenia ohio)is a nice track but poorly ran for the street cars for T&T - YOu may get at best 3-6 runs if you get there when the gates open. If you get there a 6pm or after your lucky to get 3 runs

Tri-State (Hamilton ohio) is more redneck track (lots of mustangs and camaros) and nastier of the 3 but it does not matter when you go, most the time you can run hot laps. Slower mph and ET track also

Edgewater (Cincinnati ohio) Nicest facility and more runs than KilKare but traction is usually a issue.

Just a little info though and usually when i go to the track i go to Tristate just for the simple reason you can actually test and tune. I believe all of them are $5 to spectate and $15 to run but i have not went yet this year

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:40 PM
Paul. Corby here. JCO club president. If you would like to talk to me about some things, shoot me an e-mail cloft@rogers.com
We just had our bash this past weekend and it was a huge succes.
200 cars w/ S&S, audio comp,dragracing. We even had a concert on the Fri night.
We never rent the track. Its a public TnT day and we never have a problem.
Also,i`m begging you , DO NOT put your own money into the event. I never do! If it comes to that, I just start cutting things from the budget.
Its short notice, but let me call a few contacts at GM and see what i can stir up.
I really hope i can attend the show this year. Regarless of how it is set up. Its about the cars and the people that make it a great event.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008 8:59 AM
Not renting a private track kind of ruins the way the Bash has been run since the beginning. I realize it's expensive but it seems to me like all of us are thinking of ways to make up the difference. I'll talk to my dad about doing a little bit of sponsoring and get back to you folks later today.

Do any of the other "GM Small Cars" forums know about this event? My dad is pretty heavy into cobaltss.net and im sure we could get a bunch of them out if that is ok. We should also hit up the solstice and sky forums. Remember, J-bodies arent the only small cars made by GM.

Street-Legal 2003 Sunfire 10.58 @ 139 MPH
Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:50 AM
corby...you got mail

adam, you have pm

Friday, June 13, 2008 8:52 AM
eh, I agree, I don't think we need a private track rental, not this year, maybe in the next few if it gets bigger. If you only have 500 out of the 2300 that you need then you know what kind of showing we will be having. I registered because I wanted to support the cause not because I want anything out of it. I agree with sweetness. Also, I don't think you should change the price of registration or shirts. Remember, last year you ran out of t-shirts and I never even ended up getting one and registration is cheap as hell as it is. NO REFUNDS! If you have extra cash then keep it for next year!

Friday, June 13, 2008 3:13 PM
Adam Hahn wrote:Not renting a private track kind of ruins the way the Bash has been run since the beginning. I realize it's expensive but it seems to me like all of us are thinking of ways to make up the difference.

i agree completely.

paul, my offer still stands. let me put my sales skillz (yes, with a "z") to work. we've got less than 6 weeks left so let me do what i suggested. if we do what i planned, we can get a few business sponsors and enough of the unregistered people to pony up the cash so that the private rental will be paid for and you wont have to spend anything out of pocket.

remember, you need to think of the final picture in relation to how much money you collect, not the intermediate steps of "well i dont want to sell a vendor sponsor for only X amount of money when it should be double that." if someone is willing to pay $150 to be a vendor, then let them! dont turn them down just because you think you should get $300 or more or because you dont want any sponsors.

come on paul...! we're trying our best to help you make this the best bash ever. but you've got to help us help you!

Friday, June 13, 2008 4:14 PM
i still may get jewed into working that saturday, so once i find out for sure ill register

---

Friday, June 13, 2008 6:32 PM
final answer: I am not renting a track

why should ANYONE pay 1700 for a track we don't need?

I've done some research, and there's 2 tracks that have weekend test and tunes, and the locals are saying it shouldn't be a big deal for anyone to get 5-10 runs. Show me anyone that's going to run more then that? Both are solid tracks, and everyone should be able to make safe passes. as for rules? I do not know, you'll probably just have to show up and find out.

I don't want to risk losing my butt on this thing, and even if I have another wave of people registering, that sits me still a little less then 1000 dollars short. I am not going to be taking this gamble.

this is the end of this debate

Friday, June 13, 2008 8:52 PM
good for you Paul. I know exactly what your going through.
You want to do everything you can to give people a great weekend.
Then get bit in the ass when most of them are a no show.
THEN, listen to the excuses form the people that didn`t show, And the bitching from the people that did go.
It is such a fine line for us to put these shows together and keep everyone happy and not loose our shirts in the process.
I bow before you for all your trying to do!
Friday, June 13, 2008 9:17 PM
We tried to get DTP to come to JCO but he couldnt. You should come to this Corby. With the "pimp" hat of course.

Friday, June 13, 2008 10:29 PM
Corby, you can go str8 to hell, don't pass go, don't collect 200 dollars, go str8 there! Not everyone is going to be a no show and not everyone is going to bitch. I don't even have a J or any other GM small car and I am coming. I don't plan on doing anything but hanging out and chillin and I am driving 14hrs to do so at 15mpg! I made the logo, didn't get any compensation for it and didn't expect any. I even redesigned it to make the t shirts better this year (thanks sweetness). I will do what I can to see this get off the ground and if need be I will even contribute extra funds.

People have excuses for not coming sure, but they are mostly reasonable excuses. Life happens and not everyone can do something about it! Most everyone wants to get together and hang out. I couldn't get out to hang with my 3rd gen camaro crew 2nite cause of some personal stuff but I hated the idea of not being able to go.
The bash is always a blast no matter who you know or don't know. Everyone is more than willing to talk, hang out, share alcohol/experiences/knowledge/ hell even parts if need be!

I hope you do show up! I would love to buy you a beer. Last year was great! I couldn't talk any more highly about it! I don't know everyone but I talked to everyone! I was in random people's rooms chillin and no one complained. It was great! You need to come!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search