CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!! - Page 7 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Friday, July 04, 2008 5:35 AM
DroptopPaul wrote:whose fault is that? lol

well we were basing that decision on the fact the show was going to be in Xenia

Friday, July 04, 2008 12:02 PM
is the show still happening on sunday still? or saturday?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, July 04, 2008 12:13 PM
probably gonna have to do it sunday morning. dyno saturday morning, and racing saturday evening, i think the day is too crowded to put it all on saturday

Saturday, July 05, 2008 5:05 AM
i am excited

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, July 05, 2008 7:35 AM
DroptopPaul wrote:probably gonna have to do it sunday morning. dyno saturday morning, and racing saturday evening, i think the day is too crowded to put it all on saturday

thank you. sunday is what works out for me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, July 05, 2008 7:19 PM
who gives a CRAP what works for you?

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Sunday, July 06, 2008 4:51 PM
AMSOIL STREET CLASS RULES

* E.T. break 12.00 - 19.99 *
* Slicks permitted *
* Open headers permitted *
* Helmet required for 13.99 and quicker(Snell 2000 or newer) *
* Master cutoff switch required if the battery has been relocated to the trunk area *
* Seat belt mandatory *
* No shorts or sleeveless shirts *
* Cooling system overflow/catch can required *
* Driveshaft loop required if running 13.99 or quicker AND utilizing slicks (not required if running street tires) *
* Single stage rev limiter permitted *
* One line loc only permitted, and only on non-drive wheels *
* 2 Steps prohibited *
* Delay box and trans brakes prohibited *
* Full bodied vehicles only *
* No buybacks *
* No double entries *

DTP,

Is the master cutoff switch manditory??? I can see if I was a bracket racer. Some tracks will let you run without it

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Sunday, July 06, 2008 6:10 PM
I thought this track had a relaxed policy , they seem pretty anal to me

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, July 06, 2008 6:22 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:I thought this track had a relaxed policy , they seem pretty anal to me

I know! No shorts or short sleeve shirts? In the middle of July? HAHAHA

Sunday, July 06, 2008 8:33 PM
No track ever allows shorts. they mean SLEEVELESS(they even say sleeveless). Meaning no tanks or wife beaters. T shirts or full length sleeved shirts. Some of those rules are not for test and tune, they are for competition. Like the buy back rule, 2-step rule, line lock rule etc.. those rules listed there are pretty damn basic throughout any track, and most tracks are more laid back on test and tune days.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Monday, July 07, 2008 2:38 AM
Blwn LD9 wrote:AMSOIL STREET CLASS RULES

* E.T. break 12.00 - 19.99 *
* Slicks permitted *
* Open headers permitted *
* Helmet required for 13.99 and quicker(Snell 2000 or newer) *
* Master cutoff switch required if the battery has been relocated to the trunk area *
* Seat belt mandatory *
* No shorts or sleeveless shirts *
* Cooling system overflow/catch can required *
* Driveshaft loop required if running 13.99 or quicker AND utilizing slicks (not required if running street tires) *
* Single stage rev limiter permitted *
* One line loc only permitted, and only on non-drive wheels *
* 2 Steps prohibited *
* Delay box and trans brakes prohibited *
* Full bodied vehicles only *
* No buybacks *
* No double entries *

DTP,

Is the master cutoff switch manditory??? I can see if I was a bracket racer. Some tracks will let you run without it

no not anal. that are the rules for some of your tracks in the area. some are enforced, some not.
same with the no shorts no sleeveless shirts rule. if it bothers you that much, bring some sweet pants along. then just change in between runs

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Monday, July 07, 2008 5:29 AM
DroptopPaul wrote:probably gonna have to do it sunday morning.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well that eliminates all of the cars in my sig…..!

The 8 hour drive home that night after spending the entire day in the sun will be extremely dangerous ..( sleeping and driving )…..spending the night Sunday is not an option due to work on Monday….Our group is behind the eight ball..!

This upsets me greatly….as a group ( sig ) we booked a cottage 1 hour outside of Xenia, and have been planning every step of our trip over the past three weeks…expecting the pitch to be a fastball down the middle and everything to go as planned we got hurled a screwball…

At one point we were less then 1hr from the show from the cottage…Now we’re 3+ hrs away…

To many shots to dodge….!

We may have to tap out..!

Monday, July 07, 2008 6:46 AM
^^^ Should just stay at the Hotel.

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Monday, July 07, 2008 7:07 AM
or we can move to a busier test n tune at edgewater....but then we upset a different group of people lol

Let me think on this and how I can switch things up if I can

Monday, July 07, 2008 7:11 AM
We can't.....!
We all have to work MONDAY...!!!!!!

1st....Paul said to Justin ( Bummerz) reply "Whos fault is that....? for booking the cottage.....!

Honestly WTF kinda reply is that....?
Its our fault that we're organized and set up lodging that worked best for us well in advanced....? Gimme a break.....!!!
We are all looking forward to this trip....We all want this to be affordable and enjoyable....However it seems as if both of those aren't going to happen.....! drivng 8-10 hours home after a car show arriving home around 2am(ish) to get up 3hrs later to work is not and will not be fun...!

ORGANIZED...!

The GM bash that was in Ontario was one day.....why can't this be the same....we all paid $30 bucks in order for this to happen..

Paul said he'd be out $2300 bucks if we booked the track...! Simple math....50 car ( there better be more than 50 freaking cars ) times $50 a car is $2500....Track paid...!!! Why is this hard.....?

I'm paying at least $1000 to get to this show to hang with a crew of Jbody guys that l've waited 4 years to meet ( not to mention in a parking lot ).....whats the extra $50 to do it right.....?

Why can't this happen......!

Monday, July 07, 2008 7:25 AM

http://www.dragway42.com/schedule/index.html

Available July 26th.....!

This could have been the location of a show and shine and track day...?

Monday, July 07, 2008 7:39 AM
^^Nope, that track is crap, so is the area(not to mention is on a campground).. The show cars would not be happy with the pavement, potholes etc there..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, July 07, 2008 7:45 AM
Zspot wrote:We can't.....!
We all have to work MONDAY...!!!!!!

1st....Paul said to Justin ( Bummerz) reply "Whos fault is that....? for booking the cottage.....!

Honestly WTF kinda reply is that....?
Its our fault that we're organized and set up lodging that worked best for us well in advanced....? Gimme a break.....!!!
We are all looking forward to this trip....We all want this to be affordable and enjoyable....However it seems as if both of those aren't going to happen.....! drivng 8-10 hours home after a car show arriving home around 2am(ish) to get up 3hrs later to work is not and will not be fun...!

I apologize that came across wrong. I was just joking around, and sometimes on the internet this is unclear sometimes. This is however why I do the work to get the host hotel. Is it too late to change your reservation to the host hotel?
ORGANIZED...!

Zspot wrote:The GM bash that was in Ontario was one day.....why can't this be the same....we all paid $30 bucks in order for this to happen..

Paul said he'd be out $2300 bucks if we booked the track...! Simple math....50 car ( there better be more than 50 freaking cars ) times $50 a car is $2500....Track paid...!!! Why is this hard.....?

I'm paying at least $1000 to get to this show to hang with a crew of Jbody guys that l've waited 4 years to meet ( not to mention in a parking lot ).....whats the extra $50 to do it right.....?

Why can't this happen......!

My beef with this is last year's turnout. When I get a turnout big enough to do this, I will do it. Last year, we had about 40 cars racing. I also only charged $25 for registration because I wanted this event to be cheap enough to where people wouldn't mind ponying up in advance to help me cover initial costs instead of funding this thing out of my pocket and *hoping* for a return. If we get more then last year's turnout I will be more inclined to take this chance. We may not be able to have everyone at the dyno anyways, i hear room is limited.

Monday, July 07, 2008 8:32 AM

Totally understandable.....fronting money is always a scary situation…

The hotel is expensive….we are only paying $100 for the entire weekend for the cottage divided between the 10 of us……where the hotel would be $300 per person…!

The gas alone to get to Ohio and back I’m sure you can understand will damage most of our accounts….
So saving $200 each ( 3-4 tanks of gas ) to stay at the cottage is our best bet…

We are all looking to be included in the show and shine……however if it is being held on the Sunday….5-8 of us will be staying home…

Monday, July 07, 2008 9:02 AM
Actually...the hotels aren't THAT expensive. 79x3+60 (10x2peoplex3nights) = 300 for 4 people...this is onlt 75 a person assuming no one crashes the floor. I'd definitely look into this for fuel savings!

Monday, July 07, 2008 10:07 AM

^^^pm sent.....^^^

since this is between us..!

Monday, July 07, 2008 10:53 AM
I don't want to see any angry Canadians at this bash.

Paul, down on the ground!

Monday, July 07, 2008 11:14 AM

lol...

we're alright....

Hopefully this works out..!

Monday, July 07, 2008 1:46 PM
hehe...we're working on things we all love canadians!

Monday, July 07, 2008 3:35 PM
I'm excited!!

As David said....42 is a sh|thole
Been there enuf to know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search