CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!! - Page 8 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Monday, July 07, 2008 4:24 PM
42 is sucha sh*thole that the big timers have to shut down at the 1/8th mile

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084827

Monday, July 07, 2008 5:03 PM
as long as we have groups heading out to these places I have no worries

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 5:13 AM
DroptopPaul wrote:hehe...we're working on things we all love canadians!

Ha...!! only because of our oil...hehehe...!

Waiting to hear from everyone in our group that planned on coming up....

Please consider finding a way to make the show SATURDAY....@!#$ even if its at night..!

Sunday really doesn't work unless its over by 2pm..!

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 5:17 AM
yeah we definitely need most of the @!#$ to happen saturday.

Sara and I dont plan on sticking around tooooo long on sunday we wanted to do our own thing on the way back

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 9:25 AM
I don't see why we can't have the show on Sunday morning at do the trophys and be done by 2. Dyno/Show/Track is just too much for one day.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 10:36 AM
^^^^I dont want to do a show with my luggage in the car.....

Check out is 11am....!

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 10:42 AM
well this isnt looking very good, the bash is a little over 2 weeks away and there looks to be too much not 100%, if the track is at 42 you will defiantly not see me at the bash, and if everything is still up in the air much longer, i dont think ill be attending cant justify the time away from work

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 11:09 AM
^^^exactly were we're at....

firm up

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 11:44 AM
No racing @ 42, so don't worry about that.

Only thing left up in the air it seems would be the show, but looks like it's going to be Sunday. I don't know how judging will take place this year, but luggage in the car etc. will not nor ever play a role. The "show" portion of the bash isn't what it was, and I don't have any issue with that, just pointing out it's not a huge priority like some events IMO.

I know it's been hectic for me this year, and that's without even owning a car worthwhile. Just don't let things discourage you. I'm sure we'll have it all setup, look at this as a get-away from the daily grind to be around the people, the cars, and to see them in action. No trophy could take the place of that so who really gives a @!#$? It may seem like a risk but you won't regret taking it! Show up or shut up .

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 12:32 PM
99redz24 wrote:
Blwn LD9 wrote:AMSOIL STREET CLASS RULES

* E.T. break 12.00 - 19.99 *
* Slicks permitted *
* Open headers permitted *
* Helmet required for 13.99 and quicker(Snell 2000 or newer) *
* Master cutoff switch required if the battery has been relocated to the trunk area *
* Seat belt mandatory *
* No shorts or sleeveless shirts *
* Cooling system overflow/catch can required *
* Driveshaft loop required if running 13.99 or quicker AND utilizing slicks (not required if running street tires) *
* Single stage rev limiter permitted *
* One line loc only permitted, and only on non-drive wheels *
* 2 Steps prohibited *
* Delay box and trans brakes prohibited *
* Full bodied vehicles only *
* No buybacks *
* No double entries *

DTP,

Is the master cutoff switch manditory??? I can see if I was a bracket racer. Some tracks will let you run without it

no not anal. that are the rules for some of your tracks in the area. some are enforced, some not.
same with the no shorts no sleeveless shirts rule. if it bothers you that much, bring some sweet pants along. then just change in between runs

I just received an email from TriCity Raceway.

All the rules above apply, no exceptions.

Also they do not have any unleaded race fuel on site, so you will have to bring your own

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 12:55 PM
^^^^
Do you know if they have a scale at the track and if so what the cost to use it is?

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 1:05 PM
Yea its a little to close to not have things set in stone.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 1:52 PM
I know our track has a scale for free use, right before the building you receive the timeslip from. Doubt it's the same, but we could hope.

I also know ours too enforces the cut-off switch rule and were not pleased when my '01 did not have one. I slipped by, but barely. It's a standard rule for most tracks.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 3:04 PM
Zspot wrote:

Please consider finding a way to make the show SATURDAY....@!#$ even if its at night..!

How flexable is the dyno place??? Could we dyno Friday night or Sunday morning and have the show Saturday morning and race Saturday night...

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 3:11 PM
Blwn LD9 wrote:
Zspot wrote:

How flexable is the dyno place??? Could we dyno Friday night or Sunday morning and have the show Saturday morning and race Saturday night...
The dyno is best if held at current time (Sat morning) ....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 3:28 PM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:
Blwn LD9 wrote:
The dyno is best if held at current time (Sat morning) ....

No problem.....just throwing out ideas

you have a PM

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 4:43 PM
I can't believe that some of the people who have car's I want to see the most are seriously hinging whether they go or not on whether or not they have a chance at a car show trophy. I know that the showing is and important part of the bash, but if you don't get a trophy or have to cut the show short for yourself, or anything like that... what happened to everyones "it's about the people" thing. I know that if I wasn't good friends with a couple of you, and wanted to meet the rest, I wouldn't be going. You don't drive 16 hours just for the event if you aren't going for the people. Paul is working his ass off on this, the racing will NOT be at 42, so that's not a factor. And for everyone saying "I'm not going because everything isn't 100% set in stone yet" well.... get over yourself and have a nice @!#$ life. I am trying hard not to com off as a jerk, but some of you cottage going Canadians are coming off as MAJOR jerks in the last couple pages of this thread. Sorry, calling it how it is.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 5:19 PM
I don't have a master cutoff switch as my battery is in the trunk from the factory, I'm sure I could still get away with it though seeing as how most tracks think the fuse box in the engine bay is the battery LOL

But uh if they are going to be anal about that pretty much anyone with an Ion or Cobalt isnt going to get to run and thats just @!#$ gay

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 5:33 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I can't believe that some of the people who have car's I want to see the most are seriously hinging whether they go or not on whether or not they have a chance at a car show trophy. I know that the showing is and important part of the bash, but if you don't get a trophy or have to cut the show short for yourself, or anything like that... what happened to everyones "it's about the people" thing. I know that if I wasn't good friends with a couple of you, and wanted to meet the rest, I wouldn't be going. You don't drive 16 hours just for the event if you aren't going for the people. Paul is working his ass off on this, the racing will NOT be at 42, so that's not a factor. And for everyone saying "I'm not going because everything isn't 100% set in stone yet" well.... get over yourself and have a nice @!#$ life. I am trying hard not to com off as a jerk, but some of you cottage going Canadians are coming off as MAJOR jerks in the last couple pages of this thread. Sorry, calling it how it is.

I couldn't disagree more.

"Its about the people"... no! Pauls sig does not say 2008 PEOPLE BASH it sys GM TUNER(as in tuner car) BASH.
My own curiousity isn't to meet and hang with people but rather to see a bunch of cars I'm interested in and meet people with the same interest in them.

And how can anyone be upset with people who have made firm plans for this. This is going to be a major investment for most.
I made firm plans myself for this months ago. I booked a hotel, planned for vacation time, and set aside money to cover the nearly $1000 dollars this could cost me for the weekend.
But on the event side, we still don't know what days it will now really be, or for what its worth, where... and we are truly only days away. Hell with that... even a lot of the info being posted here isn't even coming from people organizing it at all.
Canadians as MAJOR jerks?????? They are spending and working far harder yet to make this worthwhile and you have the balls to call them names. Your comment (JL) and even Joe's "show up or shut up" with a smiley are factors definitely contributing to my "don't bother" column of decision factors for my attendance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 08, 2008 5:35 PM

sig not found
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 5:45 PM
if the trunk battery is factory done...and they complain....fug em IMO lol

I'm sorry if things aren't "set in stone" I just had to redo everything I've done as far as planning goes, and I'm sorry that things haven't just fallen together. I've commited to the dyno already, as I have an appointment through a personal contact of mine and I refuse to make my contact look bad. I'm not skipping out on that. The show, can either be done at the same time as the dynos saturday in a different location, which separates the group a bit, or we can try to do it early sunday morning and have everyone out by 2 (which is the only way I'd do it anyways, I do NOT want to use all of sunday under ANY circumstance!

with regards to the track information, it is:

2362 Hamilton-Cleves Rd (St Rt 128)
Hamilton, Ohio
(513) 863-0562

I know nothing about the place. If you have a question about them, or their rules. call them, they know best

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 08, 2008 5:47 PM

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 5:49 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:I don't have a master cutoff switch as my battery is in the trunk from the factory, I'm sure I could still get away with it though seeing as how most tracks think the fuse box in the engine bay is the battery LOL

But uh if they are going to be anal about that pretty much anyone with an Ion or Cobalt isnt going to get to run and thats just @!#$ gay

The track did say if the battery came from the factory in the trunk then it is OK. I started to relocate my battery to the trunk, but I will go a different route.

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 5:51 PM
Wow.Thats the spirit. We are all really showing some love. Should we all bring our Glock to the bash and settle this once and for all?
Jesus christ guys! Grow up.
I`m so glad Paul is busting his chops on this bash so we can behave like this.
I`m not sure I even want to go now.
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:37 PM
paul how far from the hotel is the track?

And what is happening fridasy night? Cant we have the show friday night at the hotel? or even saturday night? I cant imagine running at the track all day saturday...

I am becoming more and more unsure about this.. but I am going only because I want to meet the people

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:43 PM
let me ask this

How far from the hotel is the dyno? And what time Saturday morning is it happening, will there be a caravan to and from?

The track starts at 530 and how far is it from the hotel? caravan to and from?

What is going on friday? or we just @!#$in around at the hotel?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 8:01 PM
Separating everyone is a crappy idea. I vote to have the show on Sunday from like 9-12 and the throphys at 1 or something like that. I just don't think its fair to screw it up for 60 people to work around the schedule of 8 people.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search