CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!! - Page 9 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 8:14 PM
Joey makes a good point, but I think I just said this before as well... Paul will iron everything out so those of us who actually show up and don't cry about this event he is setting up for us, will have fun.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 8:14 PM
john317(AKA Gary the Old guy) wrote:Event date: 7/25-26-27/08

Hotel and location: Holiday Inn , 300 Xenia Towne Sq,Xenia, OH 45385,(937) 372-9921

Racing, location and time: Tri-State Dragway , 2362 Hamilton-Cleves Rd (St Rt 128) , Hamilton, Ohio
About 62mi. (50min.)from hotel. Test and Tune starts @ 5:30pm.

S&S, location and time: Host Hotel??? Sunday??? Time???

Dyno, location and time. Quick Rev performance, Saturday morning (exact time TBA), 3130 Plainfield Rd,Kettering Ohio, 20 Minutes from Host Hotel

Track and bash costs: Preregistration - Show and Track - $25 USD , Registration (June 27-July 25) Show N' Shine - $25 USD , Track??? Test and Tune Only??? Cost???

The aprox driving time between hotels/venues: ???

from page 6

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 9:10 PM
Blwn LD9 wrote:
99redz24 wrote:
Blwn LD9 wrote:AMSOIL STREET CLASS RULES

* E.T. break 12.00 - 19.99 *
* Slicks permitted *
* Open headers permitted *
* Helmet required for 13.99 and quicker(Snell 2000 or newer) *
* Master cutoff switch required if the battery has been relocated to the trunk area *
* Seat belt mandatory *
* No shorts or sleeveless shirts *
* Cooling system overflow/catch can required *
* Driveshaft loop required if running 13.99 or quicker AND utilizing slicks (not required if running street tires) *
* Single stage rev limiter permitted *
* One line loc only permitted, and only on non-drive wheels *
* 2 Steps prohibited *
* Delay box and trans brakes prohibited *
* Full bodied vehicles only *
* No buybacks *
* No double entries *

DTP,

Is the master cutoff switch manditory??? I can see if I was a bracket racer. Some tracks will let you run without it

no not anal. that are the rules for some of your tracks in the area. some are enforced, some not.
same with the no shorts no sleeveless shirts rule. if it bothers you that much, bring some sweet pants along. then just change in between runs

I just received an email from TriCity Raceway.

All the rules above apply, no exceptions.

Also they do not have any unleaded race fuel on site, so you will have to bring your own

are these the rules that would apply to the night we would be at the track? because i know hahn is suppose to be coming and they have a sub 12sec car, and if i come the car should be sub 12 as well

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 9:10 PM
the dyno is in kettering? might have to stop in at the Dyrdek's house lol

but seriously, if anyone has an open spot in their room let me know, i need somewhere to stay!

---

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 9:34 PM
Brandon, shouldn't someone like Hahn be smart enough to build a sub 12 sec car AND have the safety requirements for track rules? But seriously, a lot of tracks are a bit lenient on some of the smaller rules. What ones are you worried about with your car or theirs? Never know what you can slip through the cracks, but better safe than sorry.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 4:36 AM
* E.T. break 12.00 - 19.99 * which i would guess you would get booted for running under 12?

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 5:08 AM
Chuck (Chesterton) wrote:the dyno is in kettering? might have to stop in at the Dyrdek's house lol

but seriously, if anyone has an open spot in their room let me know, i need somewhere to stay!

I know I might have a spot open. Rosario isnt sure if he needs my room

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 5:11 AM
I don't know anything about the location of the dyno facility BUT,is there a parking lot big enough there or in the general vicinity to hold the Show and Shine???

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 6:20 AM
Goodness gracious all the confusion!!!

Im going regardless, even if I have to kick it at the damn hotel parking lot all weekend talking to people!!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 6:30 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Goodness gracious all the confusion!!!

Im going regardless, even if I have to kick it at the damn hotel parking lot all weekend talking to people!!!

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 7:15 AM
Kevin Richter wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:Goodness gracious all the confusion!!!

It may be a cluster@!#$ to some extent..but damnit..it's gonna be a good time regardless...Paul has dumped a ton of money and his time into this..and when people back out..he will lose that money and not be willing to put this on in the future (would you?)

Like Gary said..is there any room anywhere near the dyno facility to have a show? Then people could show and leave when it is their turn to run their car and come back..

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 8:30 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I can't believe that some of the people who have car's I want to see the most are seriously hinging whether they go or not on whether or not they have a chance at a car show trophy. I know that the showing is and important part of the bash, but if you don't get a trophy or have to cut the show short for yourself, or anything like that..

Holy F^%* l guess l need to spell this out a little more so people like (JL hopefully he’s the only one )…. can understand why the decision whether or not l ( we ) come or not is in the air..!

TROPHIES…are you F&^%ing kidding me…? I give a crap…sure it would be nice but this has nothing to do with it..!!!! I want to meet everyone of you….especially the guys that l have known over the past 6 years I’ve been on this site…!

Some like the track…they look forward to run with other Jbodys….others are into the dyno and want to pull better than the rest…..!

I as well as the rest of my group love shows…….we enjoying parking our cars shining them up and chilling with others that love doing the same thing…….!

Maybe some of you want to do all of the above…. I’m to slow….lol…and watching the Jbodies move that quick makes me want to spend tons of cash l don’t have to make mine as quick as others…its best for me to avoid temptation..!

Realizing this…… we've decided to rent a cottage because in all honesty ( like it or not ) we will more than likely will not be at the track for the entire day (none of us have the car for it ) and figuring we would much more enjoy other attractions Ohio has to offer.

Remember…. this is a VACATION to us..!! So splitting our time between the cottage…the track and other attractions in the area is kinda hard to plan for considering we don’t know when the car show is going to be…! Once again like it or not…The show n shine is really what l personally am looking forward to ( and not for the trophy …CEMENT HEAD may car is not even close to placing with cars as awesome as the ones l've listed below )…the chance to finally show with cars like Droptoppaul’s, Vincent Morris’s, sndsgood’s, Boosted2point4’s, JuicyJ - ROLN19S and others excites me…missing out would be depressing to say the least..!

The show n shine event is in the air ( or Sunday ), which will cause allot of heartache amongst us if we can’t participate …not to mention…some of us work Monday ( the reason why we may miss out )…and cannot gamble with getting back on time….we plan for the worst…( what if’s ) one of us breaks down….if we left at 8am Sunday we would have lots of time to hopefully get it repaired and back home in time …but what if it breaks down at 3or4pm…..? SCREWED….oh and work the next morning…can’t make it…..FIRED..!

One of many reasons behind the cottage..

My girl friend and I are cottagers when we get away.
She is an amazing swimmer, ( Olympic caliber but 4 years ago she shattered her forearm…dream gone ) and wants to stay somewhere where she could jump into a lake and cross it if she wants, or simply enjoy a nice relaxing swim…..making this trip enjoyable for both of us not just me..!

This is our choice….! Please understand..!

The only other thing besides going to this bash I’ve wanted this year is a kick as Turbo setup…but that’s in Santa's hands..!

Lots has already gone into planning this trip.....just hard to get my head around changes this late in the game..!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 8:39 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:

HA! I could give a @!#$ about any of the festivities! I'll kick it with you WHITECAVY! I imagine we could draw a crowd!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 9:50 AM
RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:

HA! I could give a @!#$ about any of the festivities! I'll kick it with you WHITECAVY! I imagine we could draw a crowd!

Amen... I will bring the sunchips.....

(joke from 02 bash... i was drunk and handing everyone a sunchip from my sunchip bag lol)

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 11:22 AM
wow, 02, now thats kickin it old skool!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 11:31 AM
RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:wow, 02, now thats kickin it old skool!

I've gone to ALL of them since 2001.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 4:28 PM
Kevin Richter wrote:

I have only missed 2 bashes so far. 98 in KY ( 1st bash ) and 03 in St Louis

Cya in a couple of weeks

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 6:06 PM
Blwn LD9 wrote:
Kevin Richter wrote:

I have only missed 2 bashes so far. 98 in KY ( 1st bash ) and 03 in St Louis

Cya in a couple of weeks

mmm......STEAK!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 09, 2008 6:08 PM

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 6:54 PM
Guys....relax. I've got more under control then people realize. We're ironing out a couple details, but trust 1 thing. We will be ready come bash time. We WILL have a GREAT time! I am doing EVERYTHING I can to get this show situation handled, and I will likely make a new thread indicating final decisions. Keep in mind these things take lots of time and preparation, and it is also IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone. I know this, and the people I know I want to see know this too, and have supported me as such.

I'd just like to mention, last year I redid EVERYTHING AT THE EVENT! and we pulled through, had a good time, and no one had a bad time. I'd appreciate a little faith

I'm done debating everything, I know those who can, and want to show, will show, and they will have fun. Those who don't, sorry about your luck, hope we can see you next year!

Karnage...you're coming now??? sweet!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 8:10 PM
paul I will be there... we should setup a boxing ring for everyone who wants to hit me lmao...

I'd have a long line

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 10:36 PM
DIBS!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 11:31 PM
Phil aka QBE wrote:paul I will be there... we should setup a boxing ring for everyone who wants to hit me lmao...

I'd have a long line

hahahaha...I can honestly say I wouldn't be in that line. You haven't started any @!#$ for quite some time that I've seen. I think you might get more benefit of the doubt then you may think

Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:10 AM
I have faith Paul. thats why im not complaining ......................................................YET hehe

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:21 AM
Phil aka QBE wrote:paul I will be there... we should setup a boxing ring for everyone who wants to hit me lmao...

I'd have a long line

now thats the real 08 grudge match!

I went the year after I got the car so 03 was my first and then from 04-05 I had grueling college summer courses. 06 I have no excuses other than I was in a relationship with a girl would was anti-car. ::shrugs:: Came last year and coming this year as well.

I gotta say, the 03 host hotel was the greatest thing I had ever seen! The indoor courtyard with pool, arcade, and bar! I just ran around drunk!

Karo's pimp room...

Lenko sleeping with his head in the fridge...

hypsy not being a complete tool cause he still had that second gen...

it was like we had taken over that town, so many J's...

Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:55 AM

I'd have a long line

Ha the stress l've tossed around this thread l'm sure everyone wants me in that ring.....! ( all 6'2 235 pounds after a big meal l can't fit into my Zed..)

Keep in mine all my $hit is only because we really want to be there...and will be...!!!

Paul....Great work dealing with it all....the was never a thought about you not getting this together..!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search