JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match - Page 13 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Thursday, July 03, 2008 11:46 PM
Well, I will look into them, but the plan is to leave my house around 5 or 6, then drive straight there. and it is supposed to be a 15-16 hour drive, so i don't want to make many stops. If I need to, I will. But Ryan's place having a way to fill right there at the dyno would be awesome So, are you or are you not going?

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart

Friday, July 04, 2008 9:46 AM
$3.75/lb.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, July 04, 2008 1:14 PM
wow thats cheap, its $5/lb here.

Friday, July 04, 2008 10:31 PM
I will definitely hold off on filling my bottle if it's going to be $3.75/lb! Thanks for the heads up so I don't waste almost $100 filling it up here.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Saturday, July 05, 2008 6:55 AM
Honestly, i wont know till the day i leave....thats why i'm going buy myself and prolly sleeping on someones floor. We have been on call every weekend because the east side of the NY keeps getting slammed with storms....

Saturday, July 05, 2008 9:56 AM
the lower control arms i added thrusday made a nice improvment. i was running 13.9 all night last night. that was with me deep staging

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, July 05, 2008 12:55 PM
Rosario wrote:Honestly, i wont know till the day i leave....thats why i'm going buy myself and prolly sleeping on someones floor. We have been on call every weekend because the east side of the NY keeps getting slammed with storms....

more then welcome to crash in my room

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, July 05, 2008 3:31 PM
2.2OHV owners are welcome to get some too

I'm not a multi-million dollar race team, and right now I dont consider the enginepowertrain part of things in a "finished" enough state to justify tinkering every last tenth of HP out of it. So until that time, street tuning and racetrack is what I use. I also have precisely 3 days off between now and the bash, I'm having more than enough trouble finding time to do things as it is. I put in 52 hours this week and a 12 hour drive to VA and back. I'm tired, I'm broke and I'm working my ass off to get everything I can.

I went to VA and picked up 4 ion redline wheels with Neo gens on them, not in the best of shape but they are lighter, smaller and they actually have tread on them which is a big improvement over what I had which is barely driveable on wet roads. Sure I was hoping to have drag radials and upgraded axles. I've added as many things as I could given the time and money I had. I've also not had the kinda track time I was hoping for either. Life does not always work out how you want it to and I'm going to drive it as fast as I can win or lose.

I think with some drag bags on them they would look pretty badass

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, July 05, 2008 7:19 PM
They don't look terrible. I almost want to say they look better than ss/sc wheels. I kinda think it's funny that you are saying stuff about your car not being close to finish as your excuse when the people bring up that YOU ran your mouth to everyone. Running your mouth and then making excuses. I think we are getting used to this. Also, it's hilarious that you say "bring on the 2.2 OHV's" when you KNOW the one that could run with, or completely toast you, isn't in a running state.... You know, the one who stepped up to your challenge in that thread, when you had a crap ton of excuses back then too.

Saturday, July 05, 2008 9:58 PM
front sway bar removal is for weight transfer. not weight reduction. but 15 pounds off the front end is also nice so i guess you can say it does both
but its meant more for transfer than reduction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, July 05, 2008 10:00 PM

Saturday, July 05, 2008 10:12 PM
then or now it was goign to take place at the bash, not my fault other ppl arent ready and no i wasnt aware i dont really keep tabs on 2.2ohv performance related threads

Saturday, July 05, 2008 10:19 PM
I will give you til next years Bash Matt.. No excuses, this is your call out... If parts were available(not having to be backordered/made), I would be at the Bash stomping a mudhole in your Slobalt.... You have 1 year to get anything/everything done.... I will be ready with a 2200 OHV... I hope you will be ready with something that runs (besides your mouth) , and no whiney excuses....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, July 05, 2008 10:22 PM
LMAO

Saturday, July 05, 2008 10:27 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:LMAO

x2 million

Saturday, July 05, 2008 11:42 PM
Ok Matt... no offense here, I'm not "bashing you", nor am I "ganging up on you", so don't get all defensive on what I'm about to say...

If you're going to get all defensive or butt hurt when people call you out, stop talking crap on people... period. Psychologically speaking, people who constantly, or on a fairly regular basis, talk crap on others are usually ones with various insecurities and are trying to make themselves feel better about themselves, by belittling those around them.

It's one thing to love your car, it's another to constantly talk crap about other people and their cars... but if you're going to talk crap, don't be surprised if someone calls you out on it.

Why is it exactly you do feel the need to talk crap about so many people and their cars? Take my tC for example, how much crap have you talked about my car? Why? Ok, you don't like imports, why the need to bash them repeatedly... what's the point? I don't like Cobalts, but you don't see me trashing them all the time... (just an example)

I want to go to the bash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, July 05, 2008 11:43 PM

Sunday, July 06, 2008 1:20 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:2.2OHV owners are welcome to get some too

I'm not a multi-million dollar race team, and right now I dont consider the enginepowertrain part of things in a "finished" enough state to justify tinkering every last tenth of HP out of it. So until that time, street tuning and racetrack is what I use. I also have precisely 3 days off between now and the bash, I'm having more than enough trouble finding time to do things as it is. I put in 52 hours this week and a 12 hour drive to VA and back. I'm tired, I'm broke and I'm working my ass off to get everything I can.

thats why dynos are made.... many have tried to tell you that over and over but you and a few others i know dont really seem to like to listen to advice.

running on a dyno saves time... you can do run after run after run... repeatability is an advantage on a dyno if you missed something on the first pull.... with a loading dyno you can simulate MANY different driving conditions including hills.

you dont need to be a million dollar race team to use a dyno, thats why they are available to the general public, for those who dont have time to try and ride around driving for hours on hours to make multiple tunes for a single car (aka running a nitrous tune, a cam profile tune, or a N/A tune... you can do it all in one place and quite efficiently if you know what you are doing.

theres MUCH i am learning from a few of the charger guys, and especially HHP racing up in delaware..... but then again thats probably why they have been driving and modding the only chrysler 300 running in the 11's so far N/A form.

since you claim to always be so "out of time" with everything, a dyno would actually be "your friend" in getting in enough runs and tuning. as opposed to driving around random streets looking for a place to make a safe run and tune at the same time. you already stated in this post that you havent been able to get to the track.... so obviouslly you are tuning on public roads....

I went to VA and picked up 4 ion redline wheels with Neo gens on them, not in the best of shape but they are lighter, smaller and they actually have tread on them which is a big improvement over what I had which is barely driveable on wet roads. Sure I was hoping to have drag radials and upgraded axles. I've added as many things as I could given the time and money I had. I've also not had the kinda track time I was hoping for either. Life does not always work out how you want it to and I'm going to drive it as fast as I can win or lose.

neogens are good. roadcourse i can vouch.... its a pretty sticky tire...i dont know how much your stock axles support, but carry or know a place to get spares... the neogens are 280 treadwear so they might grab more than you expect (not near a radial)

I think with some drag bags on them they would look pretty badass

Fallen Angel wrote:Ok Matt... no offense here, I'm not "bashing you", nor am I "ganging up on you", so don't get all defensive on what I'm about to say...

If you're going to get all defensive or butt hurt when people call you out, stop talking crap on people... period. Psychologically speaking, people who constantly, or on a fairly regular basis, talk crap on others are usually ones with various insecurities and are trying to make themselves feel better about themselves, by belittling those around them.

VERY GOOD POINT, not ganging up on him either. i still check in on him from time to time. if i didnt care i wouldnt bother. but from experience i cant even begin to back this up with the many posts in the performance forum alone where matt has gone off the handle trying to belittle others via cars.....

a few statements that come to mind against ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 and the fact his car is a 2200 based engine:

-"the engine has flaws and is a 30 year old design" (actually kinda cool matt brought that up....it kinda contradicts the FLAWS aspect as theres obviously a reason the engine was used for 30 years worth of time by a major manufacturer...over the years it was reliable....simple.)
-"you have a 2200 so you cant beat me" (offers no real basis of his car being magically untouchable, outside of simply not racing it)

and various other negativity in said thread...

It's one thing to love your car, it's another to constantly talk crap about other people and their cars... but if you're going to talk crap, don't be surprised if someone calls you out on it.

isnt this the difference between being a car enthusiast overall and what everyone refers to as the "R" word i truly hate, ricer....???? ricers allegedly run around with the same attitude, what would make anyone with said attitude any different. its similar to being like a "racist".... just because the majority of society where you live is racist towards chinese people for example, if one was racist towards italians, is that person still not a racist? not calling matt a ricer or a racist, but seriously... isnt that the same attitude possessed by those labelled as ricers, when they think everything they have is THE SHIZNIZZLE... but anything anyone else has is beneath them.... even if it is more powerful and faster?

Why is it exactly you do feel the need to talk crap about so many people and their cars? Take my tC for example, how much crap have you talked about my car? Why? Ok, you don't like imports, why the need to bash them repeatedly... what's the point? I don't like Cobalts, but you don't see me trashing them all the time... (just an example)

VERY good points and questions... and i really would want to hear the answer to this.

I want to go to the bash

if you want we can drive up to your house and rewire your turn signals to your horn, so when you signal, you horn beeps as well, like we did in 2004 at the bash yay? nay?

Sunday, July 06, 2008 1:29 AM
also, matt....

are you still on STOCK suspension?

you are running consistent 14.3's locally. keep in mind Cherry Sleeper, way back with j-krew, in a 2200 5 speed, bone stock ran 15.3.....

now i know they say your launches could use work, but your car i am guessing is putting out around or over 200whp..... ( http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Stock-2005-Cobalt-SS_32590.htm that video shows a stock one doing 215 whp on the first run and 220whp on the second)..... how and what are you using to get and keep this power to the ground????

i know you added the new charger, or maybe its off now, but all this power and no medium to put it to the ground effectively.....

or is stock suspension really all that great that no mods there are needed....

personally i woulda forgone the body shop and spent the cash on useable parts.......thats just me though

Sunday, July 06, 2008 3:17 AM
I brought up suspension before... I get the same budget and time excuses. But budget and time do not dictate whether he gets a new charger, new trunk work and paint, new wheels, etc... So to me it is invalid empty excuses. BUT ANYWHO, the way I see it is this...
1. I had a 2200 Cavalier that was good on gas and reliable as hell. I modded it 100% how I wanted it to LOOK. (slow car to start, didn't have the ambition to attempt to make it fast like some of those great ohv guys)
2. I now have a fast RWD car that has been and continues to be modded end to end for performance. The paint is 11 years old and shows it quite well. Not a spot of rust or rot, so body work is not in the near future.
3. Matt has sort of an in between car... He bought it brand new, it had a little bit of power(although come on... stock suspension GM FWD hooking up with any kind of power? yeah right). And I'm sure he likes the looks of it. So it is very easy for him to mod for appearance or performance back and forth etc etc... So I won't bust his balls too much about not spending more money on performance over the looks parts... But with all the trash talking you would think the thing runs 8's, that's my only gripe. It just bugs me that I don't think this car would be modded this far this quick if he didn't get called out by the people he has bashed so many times...

SO tempted to post my 1/8 mile times just to instill a little bit of fear... But I can hold it in

Sunday, July 06, 2008 6:43 AM
Phil aka QBE wrote:
Rosario wrote:Honestly, i wont know till the day i leave....thats why i'm going buy myself and prolly sleeping on someones floor. We have been on call every weekend because the east side of the NY keeps getting slammed with storms....

more then welcome to crash in my room

Yeah I think ill take you up on that offer...

Dustin what day are you driving down...

Sunday, July 06, 2008 9:01 AM
Wow so we are setting up next years matches already jeez lol

I'm not on stock suspension totally, I have a torque dampener and traction bars, the traction bars alone have eliminated most of the wheel hop. All I have now is tire spin, which really the only way to stop that is stickier tires which I've put on but its still not enough. Most ppl in the cobalt world think of the bwoody traction bars as the single best mod for launches so the little ive done is with things that are proven. I was running 40% boost cut in first on the bald perrellis without spin it took that much boost cut to not spin. I bumped it up to 20% boost cut on the new tires and im roasting the hell out of 1st and bottom of 2nd, so I need to bring that back down a tad.

One could argue the effectiveness of certain mods vs others given a certain budget, I choose power over grip. I know that can only take you so far but really its no different than every suspension mod in the book and only having 220hp to use, its not going to get you far either. By no means is my car finished, I know theres alot of things I havent done and should do, trust me its in the works but its not happening in 2 weeks.

Sunday, July 06, 2008 11:52 AM
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:
if you want we can drive up to your house and rewire your turn signals to your horn, so when you signal, you horn beeps as well, like we did in 2004 at the bash yay? nay?

LOL I think once was enough Besides, new car, and I haven't the slightest clue on where what is, wiring, nothing. You're more than welcome to stop up though, mom's gone till Friday so it's peaceful and quiet LOL

Sunday, July 06, 2008 12:06 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:Wow so we are setting up next years matches already jeez lol

technically its this years challenge you issued.....think of it as a "lay-away" plan

I'm not on stock suspension totally, I have a torque dampener and traction bars, the traction bars alone have eliminated most of the wheel hop.

Matt, that is STILL stock suspension. you have some add-ons, but your core suspension is STILL STOCK. you sit around on forums and claim to know soo much about tuning and power, yet you have very little means to control any of it...adding a sway bar on stock suspension still gives a floating feeling, even though you get more feedback in the turns. when you hit the bumps however, you still have stock suspension...

All I have now is tire spin, which really the only way to stop that is stickier tires which I've put on but its still not enough.

so the only thing you have now is tire spin? and the only way to control it is stickier tires? its a start, but stickier tires doesnt cure weight transfer when the rear suspension dips down from the initial jolt forward. it also doesnt help wheel hop as a stiffer valved strut and stronger spring rate would help it. have you ever watched FWD drag cars in the 10's or lower? in person is prob the best way to see em, but their rear suspension is stiff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mlvp7tFF4A you will rarely catch any weight transfer to the rear. in a nutshell its kinda hard to get traction when the weight shifts to the wheels that have no power and the front gets momentarilly LIGHTER... once again, dont need to be a million dollar team to get simple parts....even used parts. or just something adjustable in the strut department....

Most ppl in the cobalt world think of the bwoody traction bars as the single best mod for launches so the little ive done is with things that are proven.

so who are these people, and what have they accomplished? honestly that sounded more like a sales pitch than any proof. Its a conscious design no doubt, keeps the arms from flexing back and forth, and it may be touted the best mod for launches, but i fail to see how one addition makes up for the performance of the entire strut/spring setup? remember you are supposedly putting down far more power than stock or stage 2 levels... stage 2 levels if i've done my research is in the 240-260 whp range... so with the new POWER parts, you SHOULD be above that... a bandaid is a proven part, on a broken leg its just buying you little amounts of time at best, a cast is better. duct tape is a proven part however i doubt many would use it to repair a driveshaft, for that i'd use the proven WELDING method.... points being, proven parts are good to have, but the basics still. more effective at getting the job done.

Bwoody traction bars are not going to be the end all be all of suspension. i tend to know a little bit about suspension to know theres not going to be a single part that gives you magical performance that a quality suspension setup couldnt do.

I was running 40% boost cut in first on the bald perrellis without spin it took that much boost cut to not spin. I bumped it up to 20% boost cut on the new tires and im roasting the hell out of 1st and bottom of 2nd, so I need to bring that back down a tad.

so you started with 40% and you eliminated the spin on a set of pirellis (which the brand really doesnt matter cause you ran them bald).... then you bumped it up to 20% boost cut (which would be 60 ? or you broght it down to 20%? i am guessing you brought it down to 20%. and you went out and bought traction bars and are still roasting the tires????....... basically its either bad tuning, bad setup, bad driving, or a combo of all 3.. since you already got new stickier tires, you have the torque dampener and traction bars...... whats left suspension wise to improve...... the meat and potatoes...struts and springs.

One could argue the effectiveness of certain mods vs others given a certain budget, I choose power over grip. I know that can only take you so far but really its no different than every suspension mod in the book and only having 220hp to use, its not going to get you far either. By no means is my car finished, I know theres alot of things I havent done and should do, trust me its in the works but its not happening in 2 weeks.

2 weeks, you've had well over 2 weeks to do this.... but n-e-waz.....Thats fine, POWER OVER GRIP.... but power doesnt mean anything if the cars suspension cant handle the power. lets face it, if one had every suspension mod in the book and only had 220hp..... they would still, more than likely, be faster than a wheel spinning 240-260 whp car with crap suspension. why, the majorty of the power they DO have is actually being put to use. theres a word called "efficient"..... become familiar with it. with your car, your money, anything.

with money, a guy whos rich but only spends it on hookers and wine, gets short term satisfaction until the money is gone.... a guy who actually invests, but still goes on vacations, still gets the wine and hookers of the world, but comes home to more money cause of the investments, stays happy longer....

why?

he uses his money efficiently. he makes every dollar he spends, work for him. both get the same pleasures, one know how to make it last.

same with the 220 hp car with great suspension.... that person would be making every HP work for him, while the 240-260hp is merely wasting his tires and not using his hp levels efficiently.

to prove that point.... you had the stage 2 stuff....

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-Cobalt-Timeslip-12871.html

heres a guy with stage two flash, stage 2 axles, and everything is basically is roughly stock...he;s only running 17.5 psi..... but whats his times ...almost a full second faster than what you have run so far....

heres another with mostly stock stuff outside of an intake and full exhaust, 16psi, running 13.655

if you really wanna be picky about it, heres BONE STOCK car http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-Cobalt-Timeslip-8397.html running faster than your times have showed.

my only point in showing those cars is NOT to piss you off, but to once again show you is that its not always about the amount of power you have, but moreso, how well and effectively you use the power you have. unless you are building a dyno queen... then really its just about how much can you show on a dyno....

just think about it...

BTW, why do you think i love autoX.... my "underpowered" 2200 still fared better than most cars including v6's and v8's on the track....why, i handled the corners and didnt get penalties.... so in that event, i was actually faster than many who had double or triple my power to the wheels. and its the same thing with the charger now

Sunday, July 06, 2008 12:07 PM
Fallen Angel wrote:

LOL I think once was enough Besides, new car, and I haven't the slightest clue on where what is, wiring, nothing. You're more than welcome to stop up though, mom's gone till Friday so it's peaceful and quiet LOL

if i get some time this week, i might hold you up on that...

Sunday, July 06, 2008 12:11 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote: I was running 40% boost cut in first on the bald perrellis without spin it took that much boost cut to not spin. I bumped it up to 20% boost cut on the new tires and im roasting the hell out of 1st and bottom of 2nd, so I need to bring that back down a tad.

maybe if you took the car with the new tires to a track. maybe even heated them up just a little bit. you would hook up instead of roasting the hell out of 1st and the bottom of second. let s face it, no street anywhere in USA has VHT or dynobite sprayed on it. practicing launches on the street is stupid. anybody that has been to a track knows that they spray the starting line with some sort of traction agent. launching on the street vs launching at a prepped track is a whole other world

Sunday, July 06, 2008 12:32 PM
Fallen Angel wrote:

if i get some time this week, i might hold you up on that...

Schweet

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search