My outtake on the bash this year - Page 2 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My outtake on the bash this year
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:52 PM
I'll make a post and put up some pics wed or thur. Just wanted to thank Paul again for everything he did this year to make this a great weekend. Things happen that are out of his control and things could have been slightly better, but it being his 2nd time running it I think he did a hell of a job. thanks again Paul for making the bash a great time.

Dave
Sideways is the best way to drive
07 Cool GXP, 01 Z
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 5:28 PM
TRD Cav Fire wrote:^He still has a J-body, but it doesn't have brakes yet. If he gets the time he might drive it home instead of flying, but I don't see that happening this week due to he hasn't been home in a while to see everyone. So I hope his dad might do that while he is away to have an extra car to drive.

It starts, one window works (the other has a bad motor), most things seem to function correctly, has a trans leak, is really LOUD. If the trans issue is taken care of and the brakes are plumbed the car could be drivable. Would probably be best to leave it for now and wait until it is 100% before attempting to take it home though.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 5:51 PM
good seeing all of you

sucks I couldnt of hang out more just had other commitments I had to do.

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 6:26 PM
first and foremost, paul is the MAN! w/o him, we would still be bashless.

that being said, we definitely shouldnt complain to or about paul or the bash too much. ive put on a few smaller shows and its hard as hell trying to find that small window that makes the most people happy. plus, you put all of this energy, time, money, and effort into the event and then you cant even sit back and enjoy it because you are running around handling the small things that go wrong and trying to make it enjoyable for everyone else. again, thats hard as hell and we could all see how frazzled he looked.

beyond that, i must say....this was by far one of the best bashes if not my favorite bash. it just seemed like people were more sociable and more fun. as always, its great to meet new people and put faces with signatures you see online.

i really have no complaints so i will address some of the ones other people have had.

track--cant comment as i didnt go. but next year hopefully it will be closer and in better shape. not paul's fault at all and he knows what to do for next time.

douchebaggery--it happens every where you go. but honestly, i think it was a lot less than you could/would get at other shows like this. the fireworks were too much (and IMO the reason cops were called to begin with) and a few people ran their mouths a bit, and there was waaaay too much ballsack and t bagging going on, but F it....if you dont have thick enough skin and let something like that ruin your weekend, then im not sure what to tell you.

hotel--the sat night manager was a prick. i dont believe it was that we were out of control by any means (and the GM/manager from friday night agreed). anyone who has ever been to an out-of-town car show and spent the night at a hotel with lots of other car people will surely agree that we were mild by comparison to what most shows experience. we left the lot a little dirty, but once people started rolling out of bed it got cleaned up. we were louder than the other guests, but not as loud as in previous years.

organization--lets just say that we can (and most definitely WILL ) be better next year. i like the idea of printed out directions (maybe available at the front desk?) but overall it went rather smoothly, at least from a spectator's view. im sure paul was run haggard this weekend.

take that for what you will. looking forward to next year!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 7:12 PM
dtp-my hat goes off to you for setting this up. this was a great event and i cant wait till next year. my only complaint was that the track closed at 9pm, a couple of the guys i talked to said it normally doesnt close that early. but a huge thank you for doing this!!!!!!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 7:56 PM
first off the bash was effin' awesome

Paul is the man and I will be back next year. No complaints really you can't really expect everyone in the group to leave to places at the same time, because between stop lights and traffic they won't stay together anyway and then entrances will get all jammed up. Maybe somethings could go smoother but somethings you can't plan on. Paul is new to doing this and is doing it all by himself. Thanks to Ryan for stepping up and having the resources to get the dyno day. If others are able to step up and take some of the weight off Pauls shoulders that will make the bash grow with less trouble.

Can't wait til next year!!!!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084827
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 8:41 PM

about my car being a doodle pad... yeah I gave permission and thought it was pretty funny

but i was a little discontent about some of the crap that had to be removed before i even thought about driving that car out of the lot in fear of being shot or stabbed. Other than that i had a good laugh about it. Some just went a little to far.

But hey... all in all... this years bash was a blast..... and if you need any help next year paul... ill be glad to help anyway i can

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:16 PM
Thanks guys, I agree with about all the suggestions made. I do disagree with the one single caravan for the reasons Perry listed. It's impossible to keep together, and only jams up entrances into wherever you are going. I would love to have the times set a little better, but with things changing on my again, I had to improvise.

In wade's defense....I'm almost positive I told him we switched to judge in the lot due to a lack of space until we figured, hey, why not use this caldesack? I probably should have announced that to everyone, but...I didn't, and thats over with.

I do really appreciate the concern those have about knowing how hard it is to meet that small window where everyone is happy. I didn't want everything in a single day either, didn't have much of an option. I know amount of runs was a concern, and I was told we'd get the most at tri-state. Otherwise, racing would have been friday night at edgewater, and likely would have fixed everything we didn't like about the racing situation. But, like many have said, you live and you learn. It's hard to judge from how far away I am from ohio now.

Location will stay in ohio, either we'll return to the area going to edgewater instead (hotel further south of course) or a really nice setup with norwalk. Either I think will be a huge hit.

As far as bash behavior goes, I know sometimes things get out of hand when you have a group that large. I will say though, last year we didn't have a single one of those issues...so this leads me to believe that it can be done perhaps if I step in a little more on the activities of the bash. I won't lie, when Jeffie put me in the wall and ripped my arm open...pissed off would be an understatement Humping was cool in 02-03 when Lenko started it...now it's quite old, and frankly I could go the rest of my life without being humped and be ok with that. I prefer to think of ourselves as adults and conduct ourselves as such! Maybe I'm a prick, but I just don't have much tolerance for that. Dustin told me as he lit the fireworks..."I just lit the fuse to a bad idea" lol

One thing I totally lack talent in, is shirt design. If anyone wants to go crazy with shirts...you won't hear a complaint out of me Like I said, track situation sucked, and I did what I could, but regardless...it sucked, and that is a mutual agreement lol.

I was instructed that the track was open till 10:30, so I don't know where they got 9 from

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:23 PM
Trey had an idea for shirts. I liked it. I won't steal his thunder

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:02 PM
Are people really bitching about the Bash.....Paul is one man, not sure if any of you asses realize this or not, he planned and organized the whole bash by his lonesome!!!

As for the parking lot partying, yes you guys are a bunch of effing slobs when it comes to picking up after yourseelfs.....I remember being one of the last standers on friday and Saturday night and having to pick up whole trash bags full of trash both nights, Sara was one of the people along with Bill hahn and Adam Hahn, Chad was also on e of the people who wasnt so inconsiderate as to not pick up after themselves....

Mecksters car was a joke, which he gave us permission to do, yes two individuals took it to far but it was all wetsanded off and taken care off, Thanks a lot greg for letting us do that!!

I think that the Mini-Motos were cool during the day but after dark and drinking had started should have been put away, as for being curtious to the other guests.....

As for the growing up part.......EFFFFF THAT, the reason we all go to this event is to see people, get wasted, and have awesome stories to tell to people, not so we can go and twiddle our thumbs and watch Bill Nye with pocket protectrs in our shirts

Paul i have known you for numerous years, like 5 or 6 now and i think you are doing a great job with this revival of the bashes......If it wasnt for you and your relentless work on this the Bash would be a things of the past

RIP JESSE GERARD.....7.11.87/1.25.08(sunfireboi)
You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Don't ever wish harm On an Ohio state player you Douche canoe...
Expires: Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:47 AM PT

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:57 AM
bitching is good. it lets you kow the things that people thought went wrong or could be better, gives you something to work on the next year.

paul. let me know if you want some help next year and i'll step up and help do this with you. if your thinking edgewater, im only two hours away and its my home town. it was fun for me coming out friday night but i kinda hated having to go home. let me know. i can probalby take care of running the show side of it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:21 AM
Yeah talkin about trash, you EFFERS left it on the trailer of mine on Saturday night!! You drunk bastards lol.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:22 AM
I just cant wait till next year, thats all I can think about... I can;t stress enough how much of a good time Sara and I had...

I'd like to go to norwalk

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:31 AM
Norwalk, if that happens...the cav must be in running order.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:59 AM
DroptopPaul wrote:
I was instructed that the track was open till 10:30, so I don't know where they got 9 from

FYI I was told at the track gate that the reason they do not go later is because of a city ordinance otherwise they would run later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 30, 2008 6:00 AM

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:04 AM
Quote:

As for the growing up part.......EFFFFF THAT, the reason we all go to this event is to see people, get wasted, and have awesome stories to tell to people, not so we can go and twiddle our thumbs and watch Bill Nye with pocket protectrs in our shirts

Sorry that is just wrong. I think alcohol should not be allowed at the bash. I go to meet people see cars, and hangout with fellow J-body owners, not get drunk and do stupid stuff hours away from home. People do need to grow up a little.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:02 AM
John Higgins wrote:
Quote:

Sorry that is just wrong. I think alcohol should not be allowed at the bash. I go to meet people see cars, and hangout with fellow J-body owners, not get drunk and do stupid stuff hours away from home. People do need to grow up a little.

I admire you for speaking your mind even though saying that is bound to cause a stir...I hope you put your flame suit on. LOL

I agree I went for the cars not to get drunk. At the same time I disagree with you. I don't think we need to go as far as to say don't drink at the bash. I myself had 3 drinks Friday and Saturday night and the majortity of people were responsible about it. However it only takes a few who are irresponsible to really make us look bad. I think if we do some simple things such as keeping the those who are loud away from other hotel guests it will be fine. IE Keep the party in the farthest area of the parking lot, not in a room on the 4th floor or in front of the hotel entrance! I mean come on guys that should be common sense.
And show some respect for others and the hotel property. The respect thing about sums it up. If we show some respect for others there will be no issue with drinking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:05 AM

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:32 AM
DroptopPaul wrote:I do really appreciate the concern those have about knowing how hard it is to meet that small window where everyone is happy. I didn't want everything in a single day either, didn't have much of an option. I know amount of runs was a concern, and I was told we'd get the most at tri-state. Otherwise, racing would have been friday night at edgewater, and likely would have fixed everything we didn't like about the racing situation. But, like many have said, you live and you learn. It's hard to judge from how far away I am from ohio now.

Paul, I love you to death man but we obviously didnt have to do everything on Saturday. You setup on the Bash schedule friday night racing at Edgewater and I was under the impression everyone was going to that until I got to the hotel. Wenzel, Rodimus and I went to the track Friday night and had a T&T for 5 hours at a very well prepped track for being out in the sticks lol. I don't wee why racing couldn't have been done on Friday, nothing was stopping us.

Street-Legal 2003 Sunfire 10.58 @ 139 MPH
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:54 AM
i was not at the bash but i wish i could ahve been there. def will be there next year and with a suprise and it wont be the vette. it will be the cav but will look alot different and the motor will actually be finished finally.

i think if we could get norwalk and also have the show there then it would be amazing. i am going to work with paul as much as possible once i get back in late september to see about coming up with an itinerary for norwalk and everything and see what we can come up with from norwalk. im thinkin about even having TVR cover most of the event if you guys would like that and im sure Hahn would come in on it also maybe, but i want next year to be huge already and i wasnt even in the loop as far as j's or the bash goes this year because of being deployed and getting the vette, but i just cant let the cav go and am back in the game at full throttle now and cannot wait until BASH 09.

im glad to be back lol

hope to see you all next year

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 10:59 AM
In all honesty I apologize for being a bit rowdy and acting out. I don't think I've done such at any other bash, the atmosphere got the best of me! With that said though, I had a great time and I do not regret that.

....and YEAH! for the guy who proposes no alcohol at the bash! Woohoo!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 12:40 PM
Sorry i didnt make it. I was trying like hell to get my waterpump out, back in, and the car put back together but it just didn't happen cause of the damn sneaky bolt for the waterpump. Paul when i told you that info on the track i have never had problems down there and i knew you were worried about people getting there runs in. Thats why i said to go there. But hope to make it next year and norwalk would be awesome. hell of a nice track

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:14 PM
i vote for Norwalk next year

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:15 PM
John Higgins wrote:
Quote:

i cant say i agree at all on this aspect. aside from the fact that the majority of us are of age and are capable of making our own decisions, having some drinks with guys you would otherwise never see or meet is just part of the social aspect of the bash. after all, most people say "its not about the cars...its about the people" and as such, drinking and having a fun time with your friends is a very important part of the bash.

even if a few people were rambunctious, as a whole it was very minimal when compared to other large groups/car shows that hotels get. none of us want to get a bad name for ourselves, but if being a little loud is the worst thing you do....? then i say youre grasping at straws trying to come up with something.

to my knowledge there was no property damage to the hotel, no one's car got @!#$ with, nothing like that. a few people got louder than would have been advised and the parking lot was messy in the morning. how often can 50-100 drunk people claim that as being the worst thing they did while intoxicated?

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:52 PM
its not about the people its about the cars, nobody cared that i was there everyone just watned to see the car.

lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 3:47 PM
(this is a copy from my own post)

Ya a couple of things on my mind

1. the reason i didnt dyno i prob would have broke that too

2. and yes my cavy is toooo fast for the track, thats why they were having trouble

3. and the new name for my air duck, as quoted from that old guy with the hat from tri-state dragway "whoa it looks like a bird catcher" all 20 of us just crackin up

4. many of you found out the next day i did lower the NA record on the org friday night 13.410 @ 103.53 not my best speed but the weather that night, um just horriable! i ended up making two passes at tri-state, and missed 3rd twice witch refers back to reason #2 again

4a. just a side note - factory pressure plate was in this weekend, and i drop a few thenths with the Spec stage 4, o dam!

5. when leaving the track had a confrentation with the "bitch" yes and bitch is an under statement, how can i say this, she needed to change her tampon cuz it was oozin, yes quiet me layed into her, wow was she pissed ! i wasnt really but the truth hurts - take that BITCH !

6. went with paul and brandon and others to kilkare to do some auto x , i rode with brandon twice, wow is that different, brandon has that 95 cavalier 3100 light blue? classes and all were new to me, was kinda confused but racing is racing.

7. not even a hour after i left the hotel just got onto 75N and i had to pull over, i took me a 3 hour nap, its 6:15 ish and im in Burger King just inside the Michigan border

8. lets have a mini bike race !

i guess thats all for now, any pics of me please sent one to me (bwenzeljr@yahoo.com) and send one to karo (sales@allecotec.com) thank you

me and my bird catcher is out,
see you all later

-Ben

Overall Best times

60' - 1.857 (6/24/07)-(Drag Radials 205-50-15)
330' - 5.552 (6/24/07)-(Drag Radials 205-50-15)
1/8 - 8.644 (7/25/08)-(Hoosier Drag Radials 225-50-15)
M.P.H. - 82.05 (4/20/08)-(Hoosier Drag Radials 225-50-15)
1000' - 11.229 (7/25/08)-(Hoosier Drag Radials 225-50-15)
1/4 - 13.410 (7/25-08)-(Hoosier Drag Radials 225-50-15)
M.P.H. - 104.95 (4/20/08)-(Hoosier Drag Radials 225-50-15)

** ALL MOTOR **
* 193whp @ 7600 rpm *
* 149 tq @ 5100 rpm *

2005 GM Small Car Bash - Lost 2nd rd - H2 Class
2007 GM Tuner Bash - Runner Up - Broken Pressure Plate
2008 GM Tuner Bash - Winner - by default
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search