My outtake on the bash this year - Page 3 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My outtake on the bash this year
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:46 PM
When I said no alcohol I did not mean it as a suggestion, but it is my feelings. The Bash is about the people and the cars. The 2 Bash's I have been to I had a blast meeting people I have talked to on the net for years. I do not need a alcoholic drink to do this. I understand I'm different from others. If I drink it is to get drunk, not just to have a drink. If I'm going to get drunk I do it at my house or a very close friends house, not out in the public. When alcohol is evolved things always get out of hand.

I was surprised this year to hear of 2 track's being used. Liked the idea in a way. At the same time if Friday night was the only track time, then Saturday could have been spent more on the show and Dyno.

I have been helping plan the annual Fl meet for years now, and know how hard it is to do, and how fast time goes by in the day of the event.

Any and all events can always be made better, but sounds like Paul did a great job!!

FU Tuning

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:19 PM
I dont need to drink to have good time, but i do enjoy my drinks. Even if nobody else likes what i drink, i will still continue to drink it. Even after what I had I still didnt get rowdy.

Paul, you are awesome. Call me when you are ready again.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 6:39 PM
John Higgins wrote:When I said no alcohol I did not mean it as a suggestion, but it is my feelings. The Bash is about the people and the cars. The 2 Bash's I have been to I had a blast meeting people I have talked to on the net for years. I do not need a alcoholic drink to do this. I understand I'm different from others. If I drink it is to get drunk, not just to have a drink. If I'm going to get drunk I do it at my house or a very close friends house, not out in the public. When alcohol is evolved things always get out of hand.

I was surprised this year to hear of 2 track's being used. Liked the idea in a way. At the same time if Friday night was the only track time, then Saturday could have been spent more on the show and Dyno.

I have been helping plan the annual Fl meet for years now, and know how hard it is to do, and how fast time goes by in the day of the event.

Any and all events can always be made better, but sounds like Paul did a great job!!

As far as I knew the plan was for QSAL for dinner @7pm. Besides why would you go to the track then when the plan was to go Saturday night. I think about 3 people went to the track friday and about 50 to QSAL for dinner.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 7:47 PM
Paul, what was the cost factor for everyone? I know the original price was somewhere in the neck of the woods around 25.00 (is what I paid) did the cost go down after a while? I remember seeing a post about that.. Granted I didn't show up which I don't want any money back but just curious on how much it ended up being per person.

**changes are here**

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:00 PM
I kept it at 25/person since we didn't end up renting the track. So now I got a little surplus to work with for next year

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:03 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:I kept it at 25/person since we didn't end up renting the track. So now I got a little surplus to work with for next year

awesome.. I am already packed for next year

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 11:22 PM
sndsgood wrote:nobody cared that i was there everyone just watned to see the car.

i believe i drunkenly shook your hand at one point. then i went off to meet other people and you disappeared. oh well...next year!

John Higgins wrote:If I drink it is to get drunk, not just to have a drink.

same here. but i dont see any reason not to do it around others who are doing the same thing. i suppose it comes down to knowing your limits. if youre a belligerent drunk, then drinking in a hotel parking lot probably isnt the best idea. but if you just do random, half-assed accents that get worse with the more you drink, then who am i to tell you not to do that?

mitdr774 wrote:I dont need to drink to have good time, but i do enjoy my drinks. Even after what I had I still didnt get rowdy.

x2. i had more than a bottle of rum and some jager bombs to top it off friday night. i dont believe i was overly loud and definitely not mean or destructive. it was just a good time

Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:17 AM
you were hilarious

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:28 AM
Can we have 2 Bash in one year please?

Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:52 AM
ProfessorJ (Phlatcav) wrote:Can we have 2 Bash in one year please?

how about no 1's enough

Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:05 AM
(tabs) wrote:even if a few people were rambunctious, as a whole it was very minimal when compared to other large groups/car shows that hotels get.

I've heard stories from ITB, have yet to attend, but yeah.

And I second Aaron!

Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:37 AM
Aaron - I agree 2 in one year!!! w00t

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, July 31, 2008 2:58 PM
You want to know the #1 thing I learned at the Bash this year...

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Friday, August 01, 2008 3:55 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:
(tabs) wrote:even if a few people were rambunctious, as a whole it was very minimal when compared to other large groups/car shows that hotels get.

I've heard stories from ITB, have yet to attend, but yeah.

And I second Aaron!

itb is worth the drive down.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, August 01, 2008 12:07 PM
itb? indy tuner bash?

and jason, did i meet you to?? i believe i had a similar experience as tabs.. drunken handshake and a dis-appear..???

Friday, August 01, 2008 2:25 PM
Indy Truck Bash, Import & Truck Bash...pick one.

I believe I shook Jason's hand, asked him where the car was, then promptly stormed off in disappointment.

Still got love for him though!

Friday, August 01, 2008 2:32 PM
z yaaaa wrote:itb? indy tuner bash?

and jason, did i meet you to?? i believe i had a similar experience as tabs.. drunken handshake and a dis-appear..???

too be honest you may have and i may have not rememberd. things like that people come up to me and say hi becaue they know me and the car and im bad with names so i forget who i met 2 minuts after ive met them lol. its why i call most people "hey" or "dude" lol

i went to say my goodbyes which took like 45 minutes cause i got with francis and he starts introducing me to everyone as im leaving so i met allot of people on my way out lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, August 02, 2008 8:21 AM
Well here is my 5 cents on the bash this year.

I first want to thank the judges for awarding me my first trophy in the 9 years I have been coming to bashes and I appreciate it. Thanks goes to Eric for telling me to get my car in line because I wasn’t planning on doing it. I see my car everyday and really don’t think anything is special about it and there are people there that put a lot more time and thought in there cars than me. So thanks for proving me wrong, LOL!!

I come to bashes ( 8 of them so far ) to see friends both old and new. I have fun each year but for some reason it for different reasons. I guess it is because I am getting older. All of the bad and questionable behavior is just part of the bash and some of it is just funny. I thought it was funny to see 5 cop cars roll into the parking lot from my room. I thought I was in an episode of Cops. I didn’t realize to the next day that the party was going on a couple of doors down from me, LOL!! I remember a guy doing E-brake donuts in the hotel parking lot during the 01 bash!! Then there is the Lenko and the pool.

I thought Quaker Steak & Lube and the dyno were good ideas. I think we only had a dyno at the bash other time before. I would participate in them again next year if they are offered

I didn’t have a complaint about driving an hour to the track even though the track sucked. I come to the shows because I like to drive my car, so driving another hour is not going to kill me, but I do have to come up with another way to keep the supercharger cool. It was heat soaked after the 2nd pass and by the time it cooled down it was time to go. I am disappointed on how many Cobalt’s showed up. I figured more of them would show up this year

Yes could it be better, that goes without saying but it takes all of us to make it better

Thanks Paul and those who helped for putting on the show and I will be there next year.

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LD9 for Life
Saturday, August 02, 2008 4:57 PM
I had a great time at the Bash...minus the directions to the track! But that's neither here nor there. Granted the track sucked, but that was out of Paul's hands. I think everyone going to QSAL was a great idea, and having the show/dyno on the same day was great. I think next year it should be split more into a 2 day event. I do think everyone was more social at this Bash than previous ones. It was great to meet everyone although I honestly had no clue who half were. Maybe we could do some type of name tag other than duct tape next year! Paul I really appreciate you taking over and putting on the Bash, and I will say that out of the few that I've been to (this makes #4) it was by far the best one! Thanks to the judges who thought my paint was good enough to bring home Best Paint, it was quite a shock and an honor . I can't wait to see what you come up with for next year!! If there is anything that I can do to help out just let me know Paul.

Monday, August 04, 2008 2:17 PM

next time...... ill make sure theres lots and lots of captain morgan

right ben?

Monday, August 04, 2008 3:53 PM
I didn't go to the Bash this year, but the comments about not drinking at car shows, and some of the stupid stuff that happens at large shows....

Honestly, the no booze part to me is just a personal choice. If you don't drink, cool. If you do, be smart about it. I assume ALL of the people who were drinking are of age, and have consumed before. You should know your limits drinking, and know how you are when you are drunk. It's really common sense. I honestly prefer a few beers with other car people, hanging out, shooting the @!#$ with each other about the show, the drive down, the local scene, and what ever really comes to mind at the time. Its part of the expirence for me to do stuff like that.

As for the stupid stuff people do at these types of events, I remember h2o last year in OC, MD, and people did some REALLY stupid stuff. Burnouts down Ocean Drive, ripping around town, and a couple of people drifting around the dirt track at the show grounds were all stupid. Now, most people took it in stride, but there are always going to be "those" people. It is really unaviodable. Now, luckely for the planners for that event, the city is allowing it to take place again this year.

Caravans are also a pain too, since there is MORE orginazation that is needed. When we did the run to OC, we started at the RI/CT border. Had to wait 30 min for people to get there from Boston (couple hours away). Once we did that, we lost each other in NY. Then again, we had to wait in NJ, b/c there was another run (Dagball), that would of slowed us down even more. It is slightly different, since we had 8 hours of driving, and plenty of 2-way radios to keep in touch, and all the time in the world to regroup.... but imagine that, in a MUCH shorter distance.

To Paul, congrats on making these still happen, and taking on this project alone. And one of these years, i'll show up (maybe if I start back on my old j-body if I can find who has it now).

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com

Monday, August 04, 2008 4:11 PM
ProfessorJ (Phlatcav) wrote:Can we have 2 Bash in one year please?

come to indy for ITB.
i may offer my garage for your 2 cars. i'm only 12.58 miles away from it.

Monday, August 04, 2008 4:21 PM
Meckster.... aka Goose wrote:next time...... ill make sure theres lots and lots of captain morgan

right ben?

yes please! $40 for 6 jager bombs is ghey

Monday, August 04, 2008 7:03 PM
the guy with "str8edge" in his user name says he likes a few beers lol. I find that hilarious. I have a lot of friends who believe in that whole straight edge thing and I find it absolutely hilarious that you call yourself that AND drink....

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Monday, August 04, 2008 10:41 PM
sndsgood wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:itb? indy tuner bash?

too be honest you may have and i may have not rememberd. things like that people come up to me and say hi becaue they know me and the car and im bad with names so i forget who i met 2 minuts after ive met them lol. its why i call most people "hey" or "dude" lol

i went to say my goodbyes which took like 45 minutes cause i got with francis and he starts introducing me to everyone as im leaving so i met allot of people on my way out lol

I was drunk and you wanted to meet everyone....Quit Crying!! JK LOL

RIP JESSE GERARD.....7.11.87/1.25.08(sunfireboi)
You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Don't ever wish harm On an Ohio state player you Douche canoe...
Expires: Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:47 AM PT

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search