09 drag racing shootout??? - Page 6 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:38 PM
NA cars on one,boosted cars in the other?


Chris




'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08


Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 4:36 AM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:

DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:

Boosted2point4 wrote:

i really dont care who comes ill race whatever whoever i just would like to go to an event centered more around js and good ppl who like to race, everyone knows @!#$ happens so you never know what will happen, and there already looks to be some nice builds going on over the winter.


agreed.

there's a lot of fast cars on the org I've seen, and a lot I haven't. Everyone's setup seems to change every year.. its nice to get together for a race and check out how everyone's cars have evolved and gotten faster.

and I doubt I'll be driving the skwirl to the event this year.. if I do, I'm definitely having a truck and a trailer coming along as well in case I break it there to get it home.

a lot more power this year.. much greater chance of breaking something.
x2 I can't wait to see how this all goes down...



x3






RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...



Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 8:45 AM
Hrmm i missed this thread, ive pissed off enough LD9s since i been here to warrant showing up

Id rather skip racing at the bash and enjoy it then go to this for the more serious stuff



1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85





Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 3:24 PM
How did you do agenst my 130K Ld9 again?


Chris




'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 7:18 PM
OK you guys pissed of the Ben!

If you guys can out run me then you make the Q8 field, it WILL take a mid 12 sec run to do it though

Thats all i got to say about that

-Ben
Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 9:21 PM
I vote all out run what ya brung. If I want to bring my 2200 with bolt on and race I will. Will I get beat? Signs point to yes. Who ever wants to come, can come. Are there cars on this site that would spank the rest? Yes, but it's a cool concept to get the fastest cars in one place to race. HRC can show up and they've got the power does that mean they won't have issues that day allowing someone else to win. This is for bragging rights for a year(ish). If you got the balls to show up and race why not race against the fastest.

If this happens(and i hope it does) i'll be there(not racing the $#@!box 2200) with the camera and videocamera to document.

My 2 cents



http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084827
Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Thursday, December 04, 2008 6:04 AM
Agree Perry. Im excited, ill run against anybody!! Even if I get smashed, its just the fun of it.










~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
______________________
WHITECAVY no more
2012 numbers - 4SPD AUTOMATIC!!
328 HP
306 TQ
Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Thursday, December 04, 2008 1:41 PM
I fear no supercharged LD9



1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85





Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Thursday, December 04, 2008 4:24 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:

I fear no supercharged LD9
And I fear no Supercharged LSJ Come out Matt.... Then we could finally get that grudge race in...



P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Thursday, December 04, 2008 7:22 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:

I fear no supercharged LD9


Hey I also fear no supercharged LD9 either!!



FU Tuning



Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Friday, December 05, 2008 5:14 AM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:

Rodimus Prime wrote:

I fear no supercharged LD9
And I fear no Supercharged LSJ Come out Matt.... Then we could finally get that grudge race in...


you are more likley to hit bigfoot with your car than matt actually racing you



Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Friday, December 05, 2008 3:40 PM
I fear no supercharged cars either ! ( only 4 cylinders )

-Ben
Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Friday, December 05, 2008 6:26 PM
Ben Wenzel Jr wrote:

I fear no supercharged cars either ! ( only 4 cylinders )

-Ben


you dont scurr me


Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Saturday, December 06, 2008 8:36 AM
OK guys here a little lite reading for you to mull over....

-Last years Tuner Bash was won by 3800 S/C as stated earlier.
-This years Q8 eliminations is looking to have a bump spot (#16 position) of approximately 12.90 seconds AT WORST.
-I know of 4, yes FOUR, J-BODIES that are showing up and will, for sure, be running in the 11s already.
-Besides those 4, there are 3 others going for the 11s, myself included.
-I can list off 6 OTHER Js going for deep 12s (12.30 or lower) off the top of my head.
-I know of at least 3 12 second Cobalts that will be attending.
-I know of at least 2 12 second capable Solstices that should be there.

Let's do the math together shall we...
4 Js IN the 11s
+ 3 others aiming for 11s
+ 6 going for low 12s
+ 3 12 sec Cobalts
+ 2 12 second Solstices
=
18 cars already for a 16 car field. 13 of those are Js. Those same 13 cars would presumably be at this event too, making it a repeat event except for breakage issues. That is why I would like a bracket race, but I understand why others don't.


Here's what I'm thinking for awards for this event, so gimme some feedback...
Bracket Race with 32 or 64 cars: $500 cash and trophies for top 8.
Heads-Up Race with a 32 car starting field: Trophies for top 3 guaranteed with a possible cash prize.



I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:09 AM
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:

OK guys here a little lite reading for you to mull over....

-Last years Tuner Bash was won by 3800 S/C as stated earlier.


Are you talking about 07 bash? My friend Devon didn't come in first, he came in 3rd he said. In the 06 bash he came in 2nd.

Can't wait to add my car to the mix FINALLY this year.











~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
______________________
WHITECAVY no more
2012 numbers - 4SPD AUTOMATIC!!
328 HP
306 TQ
Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:25 AM
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:


That is why I would like a bracket race, but I understand why others don't


some people plainly suck at it. so to make themselves feel better they say its stupid and dumb



Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:27 AM
Quote:

Here's what I'm thinking for awards for this event, so gimme some feedback...
Bracket Race with 32 or 64 cars: $500 cash and trophies for top 8.
Heads-Up Race with a 32 car starting field: Trophies for top 3 guaranteed with a possible cash prize.


Are you talking about doing both of those options?, or just one of them?



FU Tuning



Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:34 AM
99redz24 wrote:

Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:


That is why I would like a bracket race, but I understand why others don't


some people plainly suck at it. so to make themselves feel better they say its stupid and dumb


I know this, I just didn't want to say it out loud


John: I'm already doing both at the bash, so I'm only going to provide awards for one at this event, unless I can find someone else to help with the funding. I'll have to see what kind of price I can get from the track. If they'll go low enough I may just charge like $10 to get into the contest and use 50% of that as an award or something. We'll see.



I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:49 AM
I have been thinking on all of this alot since seeing this post. I like the idea of LD9 vs. Ecotec, I like the idea of jbody all out racing. I also like bracket racing as well. I think if we could combine it all in one event it would be great. Why not have everything at the Bash. Have a LD9 vs Ecotec, have JBody all out, and then have a GM all out, and then bracket for all the slower people.



FU Tuning



Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:52 AM
or the best of eco and best of ld9 in the final



Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Saturday, December 06, 2008 11:24 AM
mikieb510 wrote:

or the best of eco and best of ld9 in the final


Yes you could do that. Thing is with the LD9 vs. Ecotec is if it will only be 1 of each fighting for that title. If you have a true LD9 vs. Ecotec you can have a tally of how many Ecotec wins there was and how many LD9 wins there was.



FU Tuning




Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Saturday, December 06, 2008 12:46 PM
John Higgins wrote:

I have been thinking on all of this alot since seeing this post. I like the idea of LD9 vs. Ecotec, I like the idea of jbody all out racing. I also like bracket racing as well. I think if we could combine it all in one event it would be great. Why not have everything at the Bash. Have a LD9 vs Ecotec, have JBody all out, and then have a GM all out, and then bracket for all the slower people.


Because 1 bracket race with a 64 car field takes a lot of time. We simply don't have the time to run 4 events unless we completely rent out the track, which we aren't doing if I remember right. Quick 8 and bracket is enough for the bash. If you do a J-Body race then the Kappas will want a race and so will the Deltas. It all just spirals from there.



I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Saturday, December 06, 2008 1:24 PM
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:

John Higgins wrote:

I have been thinking on all of this alot since seeing this post. I like the idea of LD9 vs. Ecotec, I like the idea of jbody all out racing. I also like bracket racing as well. I think if we could combine it all in one event it would be great. Why not have everything at the Bash. Have a LD9 vs Ecotec, have JBody all out, and then have a GM all out, and then bracket for all the slower people.


Because 1 bracket race with a 64 car field takes a lot of time. We simply don't have the time to run 4 events unless we completely rent out the track, which we aren't doing if I remember right. Quick 8 and bracket is enough for the bash. If you do a J-Body race then the Kappas will want a race and so will the Deltas. It all just spirals from there.


I agree we would need the track to ourselves to do it like I mentioned. For some reason I thought the track was ours for the day on the Bash. As for the other cars wanting the same. Well they have not said it, and the Bash was started as a JBody event, so the J's should always have something special for them. Same thing we do in FL for the annual meet. We allow other GM sportcompacts to come, but we have some things for J's only.



FU Tuning



Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Saturday, December 06, 2008 1:38 PM
John Higgins wrote:

Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:

John Higgins wrote:

I have been thinking on all of this alot since seeing this post. I like the idea of LD9 vs. Ecotec, I like the idea of jbody all out racing. I also like bracket racing as well. I think if we could combine it all in one event it would be great. Why not have everything at the Bash. Have a LD9 vs Ecotec, have JBody all out, and then have a GM all out, and then bracket for all the slower people.


Because 1 bracket race with a 64 car field takes a lot of time. We simply don't have the time to run 4 events unless we completely rent out the track, which we aren't doing if I remember right. Quick 8 and bracket is enough for the bash. If you do a J-Body race then the Kappas will want a race and so will the Deltas. It all just spirals from there.


I agree we would need the track to ourselves to do it like I mentioned. For some reason I thought the track was ours for the day on the Bash. As for the other cars wanting the same. Well they have not said it, and the Bash was started as a JBody event, so the J's should always have something special for them. Same thing we do in FL for the annual meet. We allow other GM sportcompacts to come, but we have some things for J's only.


Correct the JBODY BASH was a JBody event but this is the GM TUNER BASH now. Different people running them and 2 different events. You can't have something specials for the Js just because they were there first. That just leads to bitching and we don't need any more of that. PERIOD. That's why I'm still trying to keep the TVR Shootout going as a J only thing.

If I remember what Paul told me correctly, the price to rent the track out would have raised the admission price too high to be reasonable to most people. We want a huge turnout, so if we have to share the track, so be it. Maybe if we get enough people to buy their entries ahead of time we could rent the track, but as of now we aren't IIRC.



I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Saturday, December 06, 2008 3:44 PM
Cavattack - Fix your clutch mang!!!!!



1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85





Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search