09 drag racing shootout??? - Page 2 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 09 drag racing shootout???
Thursday, October 23, 2008 1:40 PM
This would be so awesome Norwalk sounds good to me!

I'll bring some mid 15's to the table ROAR

JBOK.org / J-Bodies of Kentucky

Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:21 PM
What happens if its not a LD9.........?

But looks REALLY close?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, October 23, 2008 6:44 PM
well, I won't participate.. the Bash is for coming together and having fun collectively

I wouldnt care if it was something small like a "side quest" I just dont want it to be the focus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:03 PM

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, October 23, 2008 6:59 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:What happens if its not a LD9.........?

But looks REALLY close?

Chris

Just don't tell them...

Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:26 PM
Qwibby {T3H Old QBE} wrote:well, I won't participate.. the Bash is for coming together and having fun collectively

I wouldnt care if it was something small like a "side quest" I just dont want it to be the focus

Who said anything about making this a "Bash" event?

Boosted2point4 wrote:So I've been pondering the idea of having a drag racing shootout sometime next year, like the TVR shootout last year. I figured should make it seprate from the bash since it seems every year the tracks are crappy. (not saying its your fault paul) So I'm wondering if there is any interest in trying to plan an event like this, with main theme being LD9 vs ECO simply for fun bragging rights...... discuss and express ideas concerns, where to hold the event( has to be a good track), if your a company, willingness to sponsor

The TVR Shoot-out was a blast! (even if we did run our slowest time ever!!!)

I think an all-out, heads up, Quick 8 style would be best, Eco vs. Quad4/Twin Cam equipped J-bodies..... after all, this is the JBO!

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:42 PM
Qwibby {T3H Old QBE} wrote:well, I won't participate.. the Bash is for coming together and having fun collectively

don't come then

See ya!.

Anyone from WI.... Members have some room, hell Dirty Dogans place has a lot of room.... as long as you bring tents... (and don't leave random condoms in the barn's!)

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:52 PM
well i was talking with paul and phil about incorporating 1 race between the fasted ld9 vs eco just for fun braging rights at the bash but might just wash that to not make the bash more complicated and just have a shootout event deal at GLD in sept.

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:16 PM
Besides, we will have more racing time!

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:22 PM
Im interested.

Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:38 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:What happens if its not a LD9.........?

But looks REALLY close?

Chris

i dont see why the hell not... if the LSJ or LNF cobalts get to join in as 'ecotecs' along side the L61 cars why shouldn't ANY quad engine be allowed as well?

failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:51 PM
good idea brandon. of course everyone is going to suggest their home track. its where they race, where they want all the attention at. best bet is central to a lot of people which does put it near ohio indiana chicago. as far as renting a track its gonna be expensive. but i know around here the mfba rents the track and its like 2,000 i believe. not positive on that number. i would say for sure an nhra track. id probably be down...

and david if you bring the car, either you run it or i steal it and run it

Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:38 PM
I stand corrected, Brandon clued me in there was some off post talk about the Bash (as he posted above)......

Chris, dont pick on Philbert to much...... he's sensitive besides, him and I go back..... WAYYYYY back! (Team RVR)

I'm still digging Brandon's original idea, J-body Eco (any 4 cylinder EcoTec) vs. J-body LD9 (or Quad 4)

We have these posts here all the time "Which is better, LD9 vs Eco?".......

We have 2 of the fastest Eco Powered J-bodies right here (in IL)...... and there are quite a few "Top 10" LD9/LG0 powered J-bodies in this region.... Makes sense to try and hold this event somewhere in the Mid-West...

I'm sure if we get settled on a track, we could book a single day event for later next fall.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, October 24, 2008 4:12 AM
yeah that is true for the midwest thing. just getting it central to everyone though is the thing. i mean what are the GOOD NHRA tracks?

Cordova, GLD, Route 66, gateway, indy.

pretty limited. i know, and yeah its local but i dont care anyway, but cordova is where the MFBA rents the whole track, i could get prices if interested. I know route 66 is expensive to rent but its the only place to go if you want to either a) run your fastest time ever, or b) break something haha.

i agree on the j body only. but if delta's want to come and race then so be it. its not like we wont have time to run our battle runs. it would help for them to cover the cost as well. i know i wont race if its $100 per car...

Friday, October 24, 2008 4:35 AM
I still feel that non company owned cars should run, it would be like GM showing up...

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Friday, October 24, 2008 4:46 AM
Vincent Morris wrote:and david if you bring the car, either you run it or i steal it and run it

Lol, I know I said id run it at this years bash and I didnt But I promise, if this event stands up then the car will be there ON the track, even if we have to push it down the strip hahaa

Whats that track where we had the 05 bash in Indy? That place was really nice, I wouldnt mind running there.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, October 24, 2008 4:59 AM
We have a track... lol (for the bash anyway)

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, October 24, 2008 8:09 AM
we'll do some more talks about what would be best, but I think I will push this event over to itself. Norwalk is a GREAT track, but getting 5+ runs is TOUGH

Friday, October 24, 2008 8:52 AM
Count me in.

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Friday, October 24, 2008 3:16 PM
Depending where and when I think I could use an excuse to drive 20 plus hours to beat the snot out of my Eco. Im IN!!

Blood ~ Sweat ~ Tears ~ Patience ~ Time ~ Money ~ Sanity
Saturday, October 25, 2008 7:55 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:
Whats that track where we had the 05 bash in Indy? That place was really nice, I wouldnt mind running there.

Indianapolis Raceway Park which is now named O'Reillys Raceway Park.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Monday, October 27, 2008 11:09 PM
Hey another good track is Us131 in Martin Michigan I ran there a couple times in a differnt car and that track is well taken care of.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 1:44 PM
Sounds like a great idea. I would be interested (no LD9 or eco though) Assuming its a bit later in the year so i can have the Z tuned properly and the tow rig done i wouldnt even care where it is- roadtrips are always good times anyway.
I have always been against the idea of bracket racing, so i love the idea of a heads up shootout. I guess i will just have to watch for details.

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:46 PM
I'm interested, just all depends on when, where and if I can get the time off work.

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:16 PM
Awesome! But no N-body LD9 allowed?

GMR has got nothing on this
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:38 AM
Hey if this is only gunna be eco vs Ld9 count me out. Why not have a class also for the cars that dont have ld9s and eco's? Just a thought.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search