Final Bash Info/Itinerary Thread. All info here is final, and written in stone! - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Final Bash Info/Itinerary Thread. All info here is final, and written in stone!
Saturday, April 18, 2009 3:53 PM
Pre-registration is still open! I will be closing it down June 1st. ALL T SHIRT ORDERS ARE TO BE DONE IN ADVANCE! I will be bringing a few extras, but we're talking less then 10 extras, so please plan accordingly.

Click here to register!

Date: June 19/20

Host Hotel has changed!:

10900 New Haven Rd.
Harrison, OH, US, 45030
Phone: (513) 367-5200
Fax: (513) 367-5801
$75/night under our block

Please cancel your reservation, and move to the new hotel

Base Itinerary (note: things sometimes do change, while we will try not to have anything change!)

Friday - June 19

3:00pm - 5:00pm registration open for event.
5:00pm -Meeting in front of hotel to discuss racing rules/regulations/planning.
5:30pm - Track doors open, we have 2 staging lanes to ourselves. Plan accordingly.*
7:00pm - Begin Quick 8 run offs**
10:30pm - track closes doors.

* Admission to track is paid at the gate
Race $15.00
Spectator $10.00
Children 6 to 12 yrs $ 5.00

**Bracket racing will be a very good possibility, with cash prizes

Saturday - June 20

9:00am - Show N Shine/Dyno session @ Performance Engineering
Performance Engineering
2681 Morgan Lane:
Hamilton, OH 45013
513-738-5001

Dyno runs will be starting IMMEDIATELY upon arrival. Money is to be paid to myself, cost is $50 for 3 runs. I need at least 15 cars to cover my costs in this. Please don't leave me standing!

12:00pm - Show N Shine Judging begins. Format will be drive thru if possible, as this worked really effectively.

5:00pm - Dyno closes down, everyone goes back to hotel.

5:30pm - Group dinner together. Will be buffet style again. $10 includes meal and drink.

Sometime after dinner will be trophy presentation.

Re: Final Bash Info/Itinerary Thread. All info here is final, and written in stone!
Saturday, April 18, 2009 5:22 PM
Awesome Paul!

Great info, I still need to register lol

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: Final Bash Info/Itinerary Thread. All info here is final, and written in stone!
Saturday, April 18, 2009 6:44 PM
My brother and i will be there!! Tuned this time!

Saturday, April 18, 2009 6:55 PM
sweet, This is going to be fun

Saturday, April 18, 2009 10:41 PM
gonna be there and ready to go cav wont be finished but ill still bring her out there and have some fun. thanks for all the info paul.

Saturday, April 18, 2009 10:55 PM
just called to cancel and the other hotel never even booked me even though i spoke to them well over a month ago.. glad we changed hotels i would of been one pissed off drunk person

Sunday, April 19, 2009 3:56 AM
No one will need to cancel the other hotel, they have removed our entire block

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:14 AM
Damn, I don't know if Ill be at the hotel that early on Friday. I may just have to meet you guys at the track.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:18 AM
woooooooooooooooooooooooooot

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:34 AM
Im good to go

Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:37 AM
DroptopPaul wrote:Pre-registration is still open! I will be closing it down June 1st. ALL T SHIRT ORDERS ARE TO BE DONE IN ADVANCE! I will be bringing a few extras, but we're talking less then 10 extras, so please plan accordingly.

Click here to register!

Date: June 19/20

Host Hotel has changed!:

10900 New Haven Rd.
Harrison, OH, US, 45030
Phone: (513) 367-5200
Fax: (513) 367-5801
$75/night under our block

Please cancel your reservation, and move to the new hotel

Base Itinerary (note: things sometimes do change, while we will try not to have anything change!)

Friday - June 19

3:00pm - 5:00pm registration open for event.
5:00pm -Meeting in front of hotel to discuss racing rules/regulations/planning.
5:30pm - Track doors open, we have 2 staging lanes to ourselves. Plan accordingly.*
7:00pm - Begin Quick 8 run offs**
10:30pm - track closes doors.

* Admission to track is paid at the gate
Race $15.00
Spectator $10.00
Children 6 to 12 yrs $ 5.00

**Bracket racing will be a very good possibility, with cash prizes

Saturday - June 20

9:00am - Show N Shine/Dyno session @ Performance Engineering
Performance Engineering
2681 Morgan Lane:
Hamilton, OH 45013
513-738-5001

Dyno runs will be starting IMMEDIATELY upon arrival. Money is to be paid to myself, cost is $50 for 3 runs. I need at least 15 cars to cover my costs in this. Please don't leave me standing!

12:00pm - Show N Shine Judging begins. Format will be drive thru if possible, as this worked really effectively.

5:00pm - Dyno closes down, everyone goes back to hotel.

5:30pm - Group dinner together. Will be buffet style again. $10 includes meal and drink.

Sometime after dinner will be trophy presentation.

are you sure that we are not suppose to cancel phil?

Sunday, April 19, 2009 9:27 AM
Awesome! Probably gonna have to figure out what to do for most of the day friday. Leaving CO thursday morning, figure we'll get there around noon or so. Any ideas ? LOL

Sunday, April 19, 2009 9:57 AM
ecotecpower wrote:Awesome! Probably gonna have to figure out what to do for most of the day friday. Leaving CO thursday morning, figure we'll get there around noon or so. Any ideas ? LOL

There will be people there to hang out with all day, there always is.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Sunday, April 19, 2009 10:52 AM
ecotecpower wrote:Awesome! Probably gonna have to figure out what to do for most of the day friday. Leaving CO thursday morning, figure we'll get there around noon or so. Any ideas ? LOL

Cool man, your coming all the way from CO? Thats whats up.

Yea there will be plenty of people to hang out with before check in time.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:11 AM

I will be there thursday

Arrival - Yes the manager and I talked and he removed our entire, block, by no means does that not mean you can call just to verify. Do what ever you need to man... see you there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:12 AM

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:30 AM
Here's a few things we have already planned for the racing guys.

Both Bracket and Quick classes
1) We are very short on time so if you miss your call to the lanes, too bad! There will be 2 calls to the lanes for each round. One 10 minutes prior and one 5 minutes prior to start. Once we start rolling cars for that round no one else will be allowed in. This will prevent people wasting time and jumping on the end of the field.

IMPORTANT QUICK CLASS NOTES!!!! PLEASE READ!!!!
1) We will be qualifying a 16 car field!
2) Trophies will be given to the top 8 cars. Basically you MUST win 1 round to earn an award.
3) Those losing in round 1 will have the option of being put into the bracket field.
4) NO BUY BACKS! LOL!
5) ANYTHING GOES with one stipulation...the cars body must be a factory production base. NO TUBE CHASSIS CARS.
6) All Quick class cars will be REQUIRED to run two(2) Team Vision Racing decals on the sail/quarter windows to be eligible to run in eliminations. Decals must be on the car before your qualifying run will be put into the ladder. They will be provided for free. Just find me and ask for them.
7) Due to time constraints here is how we'd like to run this to get everything in....
5:30 Roll-in
6:00 1st Qualifying session
6:30 2nd Qualifying session
7:00 Eliminations Round 1
1/2 hour after last pair...Round 2
1/2 hour after last pair...Quarters
1/2 hour after last pair...Semis
1 hour after last pair...Finals (Hopefully around 10:15PM so it's one of the last things we do)

Bracket Field
1) ALMOST ANYTHING GOES! You enter it, you run it. Must be eligible for event to compete. No hauler trucks allowed
2) We will be running as many groups between quick rounds as possible. Please stay with your car any time it is in the lanes.
3) Lane choice and bye runs will be "poker chipped". We will have a bag with 5 red chips and 5 blue chips in it. There will also be 10 white chips. All chips will be numbered 1-20.
Lane Choice: If a red chip is pulled...1st car gets choice. If blue is pulled...2nd car gets choice. This will be done for every pair.
Bye Run: Prior to lane call a chip will be drawn. The number on that chip (1-20) will be the car the gets the bye if there is need for one. So if your paying attention...only those first 20 cars have a chance at the bye.
4) Top 8 finishers will get a trophy. Other prizes possible too.
5) Ben Wenzel will have a $50 bounty on his car. Beat him and the cash is yours.

Please watch this space for updates.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, April 19, 2009 12:18 PM
sounds like alot of fun i cant wiat

btw thanks phil

Sunday, April 19, 2009 1:20 PM
hmm...hypsy didn't run any of this by me first. We don't have a track rental, so some of those numbers may change drastically. We ARE sharing a track, so that might not be possible.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 1:48 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:hmm...hypsy didn't run any of this by me first. We don't have a track rental, so some of those numbers may change drastically. We ARE sharing a track, so that might not be possible.

Paul is right. I just wanted to get something up for people to have an idea. Things will change as the track permits us to run. Sorry for confusion.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, April 19, 2009 4:29 PM
what track are we goin to? I think that may be beneficial to have in the original post.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 4:41 PM
my mistake...it's edgewater

www.edgewaterrace.com

Sunday, April 19, 2009 5:24 PM
time to start practicing my 60ft times lol

Sunday, April 19, 2009 7:03 PM
So the hotel in the original post is the new hotel, correct?

-Markus
2002 Yellow Cavalier LS Sport
Check it out! --> Flickr

Sunday, April 19, 2009 7:29 PM
Just reserved for thursday thru sunday. I cant wait. Maybe there might be an official GM Tuner Bash school bus this year too.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 7:32 PM
Furious 2.2 wrote:time to start practicing my 60ft times lol

I believe you mean your "reaction times"

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search