2010 Bash discussions - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2010 Bash discussions
Monday, January 18, 2010 9:20 AM
i'm tried of reading through the 36 pages of the 2009 bash info and itinerary. let's move the discussion here.

my carDomain updated 10/31/09 Forged and Supercharged

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Monday, January 18, 2010 11:55 AM
Good deal

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, January 18, 2010 10:53 PM
I have a post up that I need everyone to check. Dave check your pm's

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, January 18, 2010 11:03 PM
brought mine here with comments.

Would you like the idea of having an extra day for the bash?

notreally, i get there thursday anyway. and it may be hard for some to get the extra day off, making a lot of people miss friday events.

Does the idea of having Thursday arrival (possible Thursday evening registration) appeal to you instead of having a busy busy friday? (thus spreading out the activities
giving us all more time to meet/chat/drink) (ie: show/dyno friday, racing saturday, and one evening having a dinner planned)

nope, i think that if people show up like last year, then thursday night was a great mingle night and woudlnt want the registration guys cut out of it to have to register people. plus having the show/racing like we did last year worked out really well.

Would you rather...

A) Have a free evening allowing you to mingle/do whatever- we kinda do at night really. thats when everyone chills and shoots the @!#$.

B) Have a full schedule of events- no, i mean if people dont want to go to the events, they dont have to. but spacing everything out is nice too.

Would you rather

A) Have a nice hotel with some nice extras and pay a little more per evening- no, we were hardly in our rooms anyway last year.

B) Have a cheap hotel and sacrifice quality of rooms and service- yes

Monday, January 18, 2010 11:11 PM
Thanks for your input Vince. The extras in the hotel would not involve the room. It involves our own parking lot and little gathering hall, nice facility and better overall service. More fore our privacy as a group and a place to convene. (sp?)

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:25 AM
I like the idea of being about to register on Thursday night, but do not think it should be a must. As Vince said some people won't be able to make it early.

I'm all for a hotel that will work with us more.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:25 AM
agreed. the more hotel support we can get, the better.

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:20 AM
edit* After talking with Phil, I am down with his plan that he has in mind. I didn't know the details before I posted this.

I'm pretty much in agreement with Vince on these questions.

Would you like the idea of having an extra day for the bash?

no because a lot of people cant get that extra day off and money is always a factor. But hey, people can come on their own for that extra day if they want like they always do.

Does the idea of having Thursday arrival (possible Thursday evening registration) appeal to you instead of having a busy busy friday? (thus spreading out the activities
giving us all more time to meet/chat/drink) (ie: show/dyno friday, racing saturday, and one evening having a dinner planned)

Again no, we have Friday-Sunday for chat/meet and greet. Personally, for me thats one more day I have to pay for a trailor rental.

Would you rather...

A) Have a free evening allowing you to mingle/do whatever -No because do this already every single night lol

B) Have a full schedule of events- Im 50/50 on this one.

Would you rather

A) Have a nice hotel with some nice extras and pay a little more per evening (like $10 more, nothing substantial)- No, like Vince said we are never in our rooms anyway. However, I would like a nice hotel where we dont have to worry about our cars. If this cost more, then so be it. Im down for that. But a more expensive hotel just for the sake of that alone, No.

B) Have a cheap hotel and sacrifice quality of rooms and service- Im good on this as well because Im barely in the room, and I dont eat the hotel food anyway.

Phil I will call you this afternoon once I get a break from work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 19, 2010 10:56 AM

306 TQ
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:41 PM
The hotel I picked is Quail Hollow resort...

Quail Hollow

The price is $99 a night, and that includes king/queen double deluxe rooms, 2 pools, our OWN parking lot, Banquet hall off our Parking lot, and as well spa, sauna, fitness room....

The cheapest hotel I found was $89 this year, so I figured cheap or nice with a lot to offer? The lady at quail hollow really worked with me on the price, it started at 129$ a night... She has also gone above and beyond what I asked her to do and has got me contacts to other things I needed.

I contacted 7 Hotels, heard back from 2, and the 89$ one was skeptical of giving us 45 rooms

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:58 PM
Place looks nice. That is a good price as well.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:35 PM
exactly considering the place and the way the RESORT, not hotel, is... makes up for it. and a GREAT price...

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:15 PM
from that hotel we could make a run down 91 to summit racing.

horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, Torque is how far you push the wall with you
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:17 PM
Thats a great looking hotel setup.

Im excited regardless of the situations.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:17 PM
After reading Vince's explanation, I'm siding more towards him now. The only time I felt rushed was at the car show, but that was just because I got carried away watching the dyno, haha. It would be nice if the track night was after the show though. Makes the car show much easier when you don't have to clean the car up from a night at the track.

z yaaaa wrote:agreed. the more hotel support we can get, the better.

Very much agreed, last years dinner was kind of a joke. And that was no ones fault but the hotels.

That hotel sounds great, hopefully this year we won't have a bunch of diesel trucks smoking us out and local idiots flying through the parking lot

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:57 AM
Josh Csepegi (CUYOTE) wrote:from that hotel we could make a run down 91 to summit racing.

You would take 271 to route 8 then to 76...it would take about 2 hours each direction if you took 91 all the way there. 91 is about 35mph most of the way, and has a ton of lights.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:05 AM
the place looks great. i'm hopin it still looks like that. hotels seem to never have updated photos. price is great especially if doubling up. looks like i'll be makin the trip. now for the dates selected.

my carDomain updated 10/31/09 Forged and Supercharged

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:53 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:The only time I felt rushed was at the car show, but that was just because I got carried away watching the dyno, haha. It would be nice if the track night was after the show though. Makes the car show much easier when you don't have to clean the car up from a night at the track.

i agree and disagree with some of this.

disagree because it is a lot of work to get a car ready for a car show, that and if its hot out (like the past two years) this means you are forced to stay out in the heat from morning til late evening. and after a hot day in the sun cleaning the car etc, the very last thing i would want to do is worry about racing. i dont know, maybe its just me but i get burned out bigtime after a car show.

agree because yes, it does suck to have to clean the car up after a night of thrashing. rubber in the wheel wells ftl. LOL

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:58 AM
this is the exact reason I wont do racing/show/dyno in one day, it burns people out and then no one wants to do anything later on

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:15 AM
^^ yep.

i like the idea of three days because we never really got time to un-pack let alone be in line with the caravan. me and wade missed the caravan to the show two years in a row just because lack of time.

granted, the organization jumped in leaps and bounds in 09 vs 08, but IMO it was still crunched together a bit.

we get two days of the year to converse with each other and most of us think of it as one of the best times of the year. i for one would like to have more time to have fun with you guys. over here in iowa there isnt much of a scene. it has taken me 8 years to scrape together the little group of enthusiasts we do have. i remember a time when i was over here all by myself. you guys in michigan and ohio got it good, j-body friends are a dime a dozen and on every street corner. LOL

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:19 AM
you can have some of em... lolz

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:30 AM
hell if anything we could get a golf game going for the people that wanted to show up thursday or something. As long as the course is there we might as well use it, or just get drunk and try to golf, thats always fun too.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:51 AM
Or go to best of show....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:02 AM
Deejay should bring his equipment.....

PARTY!!!!

(insert typical techno beat here)

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:00 AM
Im definately going to try to make it there on a Thursday afternoon this time instead of Friday morning like past bashes.

306 TQ
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:48 PM
How does everyone feel about the show being @ 3pm friday?

As far as it is concerned friday will not work for thompson. Dyno and show have to be friday unless me move it way out west. I do not want to start all over, or drive all the way out west. Everyone I have spoken with so far enjoys the ideas I have. Im looking for more insight...

Judging may not be until 5 pm

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search