2010 Bash discussions - Page 2 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:10 PM
i feel that two hours is no where near adequate to clean the car, walk around and see others, as well as converse.

how about caravan leaves at 11:00am. clean cars from when we get there til whenever and then have judging start at 2pm?

most shows open at like 8 or 9am and judging is at like noon or one, then awards are around 4-5.



Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:27 PM
it doesn't mean someone cant come before 3. it just means be there by 3 if you wanna show...



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:30 PM
What time will the Dyno be open?

Last year we all showed up early for the dyno, at about 9 or so wasn't it? and then started cleaning our cars after the dyno.



Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:42 PM
dyno would start promptly at 12 and run till whenever... the guysown the entire industrial park so we have free reign.

they also own a burnout pit behind their shop so we're having a burnout contest too



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:49 PM
Any reason the dyno is opening later than last year? I think there was one person last year who didn't get to run that wanted to.



Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:57 PM
problem is if I have it early friday, those people who are stubborn or just cant make it thursday might miss out. SO I am starting it a little later, andgiving people a few hrs to show up friday morning. We can go as late as we want at the dyno



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:02 PM
Alright, makes sense. Just means we get to stay up later Thursday night



Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:04 PM
I don't wanna move west, we have great facilities willing to work with us, we just as a group, and me asa leader need to coordinate this to work. I will NOT please everyone, but I will try too



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:36 PM
so thats the hotel huh. so if i call them to reserve a hotel room what weekend would i tell them??? haha


horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, Torque is how far you push the wall with you
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:44 PM
I like the time frame you are speaking of. Sounds great. People can get there at 11 for the dyno, while waiting too dyno clean on there cars, then after dynoing do finishing touches, and be ready for 3.



FU Tuning



Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:44 PM
i like the idea of the show fri and racing sat, that way the guys that like to do both can spend less time cleaning their car on sat. Great job so far Phil keep it up hopefully i can make it out there this year




Dave
Sideways is the best way to drive
07 Cool GXP
14.55 E/T
2.078 60'FT.

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Thursday, January 21, 2010 4:09 AM
There are TONS of car washes close to the hotel, or with in 10 minutes of driving.





Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Thursday, January 21, 2010 4:53 AM
RADIO WAVE DAVE (Now with GXP) wrote:

i like the idea of the show fri and racing sat, that way the guys that like to do both can spend less time cleaning their car on sat. Great job so far Phil keep it up hopefully i can make it out there this year


better be there I'd miss my dave



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Thursday, January 21, 2010 5:19 AM
me personally. i dont think having the show on friday is the greatest timeframe for it. even with last year most people getting there at 9 it was busy near the end of the show getting everyone done because everyone spent allot of time cleaning the cars. theres the people who can't get a thursday and friday off so they are arriving friday afternoon having to come off a long drive and immedietly clean their cars for a show. i know after a long drive the last thing i want to do is spend a few hours cleaning my car. it seemed that in most years the majority of people showed up friday (correct me if im wrong here)

im just worried that if the show is on friday, people entering the show will drop and people showing up will drop. and this is the area where most of the money from the event comes from. it seems that the people that come on thurdsay are the same bunch most of the time. and that having the show on friday won't get more people to come in on thursday, it will just get more people to bow out of othe show side.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:50 AM
sndsgood wrote:

me personally. i dont think having the show on friday is the greatest timeframe for it. even with last year most people getting there at 9 it was busy near the end of the show getting everyone done because everyone spent allot of time cleaning the cars. theres the people who can't get a thursday and friday off so they are arriving friday afternoon having to come off a long drive and immedietly clean their cars for a show. i know after a long drive the last thing i want to do is spend a few hours cleaning my car. it seemed that in most years the majority of people showed up friday (correct me if im wrong here)

im just worried that if the show is on friday, people entering the show will drop and people showing up will drop. and this is the area where most of the money from the event comes from. it seems that the people that come on thurdsay are the same bunch most of the time. and that having the show on friday won't get more people to come in on thursday, it will just get more people to bow out of othe show side.


as much as i agree, he said it best, you cant please everyone, so we have to compromise. i told him the same thing, you just have to account for later people showing up. but with racing from 10-5 at the track and if its packed, most are going to want to stay the full time to get their moneys worth of runs. there is just going to have to be a lot of compromising to please as many as possible. i agree with driving that long and having to clean the car though, that would suck.



Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Thursday, January 21, 2010 9:10 AM
What I can't figure out is why some of you guys need hours and hours to clean your cars?? Believe me Ive been doing shows for years as well and it never takes me hours to clean. First of all im sure most of you guys that show will not be mud running your cars before the bash so Im sure it will be halfway descent before you even arrive. The guys that come from out of town usually tape of their cars anyway.

Like Phil said, the show will start at 3 and that doesn't mean you can't get their early to clean.

I just think this is the best Idea right now because we can NOT race on Friday whatsoever unless we move the bash location, Phil already stated that he is not going to do that.

Am I way off here?












~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
______________________
WHITECAVY no more
2012 numbers - 4SPD AUTOMATIC!!
328 HP
306 TQ
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Thursday, January 21, 2010 11:21 AM
nope right on dave.... I've spoken personally to several very active bash going members and I haven't had one person disagree with me so far besides Paul... but him and I have bee talking



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:14 PM
im just stating my opinion to the question that was asked. paul had mentioned to me that most of the money gained from the show to pay for everything comes out of the show side so i'd think you'd want to make sure that you had the best possibly draw so those that pay money out of their poket to host the show dont walk away paying for it all.




as for cleaning the cars. it takes me an hour just to clean my wheels. it takes a good hour or more to clean the engine bay more if i need to repolish stuff. how clean your car is has a bigger effect on your score then just about anything else if i remember right cleanliness acounted for 40% of your score. so if you wanted a chance at winning then you want to get your car as clean as possible. i know a few cars last year that dropped a place or didnt go home with a trophy based on the car not being clean. even in taping up the front you still have slight residue from the tape. you can't skip over that or anything else if you want to have a clean car. and your esp going to have allot of road dust and dirt if you just drove 5 or 6 hours to a location where the show has allready started.

maybe it doesnt take you hours to clean your car because you trailor your car david some of us still drive our cars lol





clean to one person is dirty to another.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:26 PM
LOL, Jason Oh i agree with what your saying. BUT, your car is already CLEAN, so it should come to the bash clean!! Thus leaving you less time for you to clean the car

And for the record, I only trailor my car when I know I am going to race. I have driven my car tto all the rest of the bashes










~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
______________________
WHITECAVY no more
2012 numbers - 4SPD AUTOMATIC!!
328 HP
306 TQ
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:39 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:

LOL, Jason Oh i agree with what your saying. BUT, your car is already CLEAN, so it should come to the bash clean!! Thus leaving you less time for you to clean the car

And for the record, I only trailor my car when I know I am going to race. I have driven my car tto all the rest of the bashes




the drive itself dirties the car. two hour drive my wheels, undercarriage, exterior and engine bay all take in dirt, about the only thing that would stay clean is the interior. but even then id still be looking at 4-5 hours easy. and like i said, what you see as clean, i see as dirty. cleanliness is your only option when going against cars that are built nicer then yours.



and i was just giving you @!#$ about the trailor, if i had the option of a trailer mine would be on it.
(but even then id still spend several hours cleaning it )


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:44 PM
Having the show on Friday is a bad idea IMO but I'm not showing this year so go for it



Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:47 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:

What I can't figure out is why some of you guys need hours and hours to clean your cars?? Believe me Ive been doing shows for years as well and it never takes me hours to clean. First of all im sure most of you guys that show will not be mud running your cars before the bash so Im sure it will be halfway descent before you even arrive. The guys that come from out of town usually tape of their cars anyway.

Like Phil said, the show will start at 3 and that doesn't mean you can't get their early to clean.

I just think this is the best Idea right now because we can NOT race on Friday whatsoever unless we move the bash location, Phil already stated that he is not going to do that.

Am I way off here?


I am on the same page as you David. I dont understand that either. I usually do a full detail on my car a day or 2 before I leave for the bash. When I get to the bash ( usually Thursday ), I just do a quick detail to get the road grime off. That being said, my Z is no show car by any means ( IMO ) and the I only time I show it for judging is at Jbash's. I feel lucky that I won a trophy @ the 08 bash ; )






Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LG0/LD9 for Life
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:03 PM
Haha Jason(sndsgood) yes I know you would even take that long if you trailored your car as well haha. Just clean the darn thing as much as you can before the bash, you know it will be in the garage anyway before the bash










~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
______________________
WHITECAVY no more
2012 numbers - 4SPD AUTOMATIC!!
328 HP
306 TQ
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:09 PM
cleaning a car before you drive it just seems like a waste of time to me. but then im a show whore who doesnt like to lose.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Thursday, January 21, 2010 5:31 PM
sndsgood wrote:

as for cleaning the cars. it takes me an hour just to clean my wheels. it takes a good hour or more to clean the engine bay more if i need to repolish stuff. how clean your car is has a bigger effect on your score then just about anything else if i remember right cleanliness acounted for 40% of your score. so if you wanted a chance at winning then you want to get your car as clean as possible. i know a few cars last year that dropped a place or didnt go home with a trophy based on the car not being clean. even in taping up the front you still have slight residue from the tape. you can't skip over that or anything else if you want to have a clean car. and your esp going to have allot of road dust and dirt if you just drove 5 or 6 hours to a location where the show has allready started.

maybe it doesnt take you hours to clean your car because you trailor your car david some of us still drive our cars lol



clean to one person is dirty to another.


AGREE, AGREE, AGREE.

most of you know how long i took to clean wade's car for both bashes it was at. hell, ive even been ridiculed for it on here.

lol and that was WADE'S car.



Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search