2010 Bash discussions - Page 3 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Friday, January 22, 2010 3:30 AM
The way I see it, is this is being posted up way in advance, when the date is set. People who want to be anal about cleaning just needs to make arrangements.Leave earlier, take a extra day off. Whatever you have to do. If you don't then don't complain.

Also donlt complain about driving hours to a event and having to clean your car, because you knew when you signed up to go that you would be doing that. It is a car show/event. If your going to say your coming more for the people (great), then no need to spend soo much time on your car then.



FU Tuning




Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Friday, January 22, 2010 4:48 AM
i don't think anyone is whining were just stating our opinions on the questions asked. and if you get to where everyone says dont clean the car, whats the point of having a car show? not everyone goes strictly for the people, not everyone goes strictly for the racing and not everyone goes strictly for the car show. people are just trying to find ways to make as many people as happy as possible. its easy to tell someone to just take another day off but for allot of people on here im sure they can't just walk in and take another day off.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Friday, January 22, 2010 6:51 AM
sndsgood wrote:

i don't think anyone is whining were just stating our opinions on the questions asked. and if you get to where everyone says dont clean the car, whats the point of having a car show? not everyone goes strictly for the people, not everyone goes strictly for the racing and not everyone goes strictly for the car show. people are just trying to find ways to make as many people as happy as possible. its easy to tell someone to just take another day off but for allot of people on here im sure they can't just walk in and take another day off.


which is true, not everyone can just take a day off. but at the same time not everyone can make it to the show, and still have time to race. my car is in no way award worthy, if i miss the main part of the show, i will be a little sad i didnt get to see more of the other cars. if i dont make it to show because im at the track, its a sacrafice. i know there is too much wrong with it just because im the one that always cleans it. but at the same time, i detail the hell out of it, and am going to be driving 8 hours to the bash, and when i get there, i detail it again to get the grime and what not off. im showing it to the other people there, awards to me are just a perk of having it that much nicer. if that is your thing, great! im not knocking it at all. i mean if people want i can bring some of the 100 trophies at our house that my dad has won. and the 2 i have. i dont really need them and they take up more space than they are worth. with saturday racing being from 10-5 and it being a test and tune, i imagine it to be very busy. so we may not get very many runs for waiting in line for as long as we would be. so i for one have to take advantage of getting to the track early, and leaving late to maximize the runs i can get. and get my money out of it.

and you said it perfectly. trying to make as many people as happy as possible. this is going to be tough off the bat because of location. some people are going to have to compromise and the rest are going to have to hear about it.



Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Friday, January 22, 2010 8:14 AM
What ALWAYS bothered me about every single bash is the fact that race day was held before show day, this is completely ass backwards and always puts the people who do both in a real jam. Instead of enjoying yourself your trying to pick all the rubber and mud off your car from racing in a very short period of time which could be better spent drinking. The bash has been and always should be a 2 day event. In most years past almost everyone skips the race day and shows up on the morning of show day then jets off after the show is done. I think that lessens the quality of the event. I dont want to drive 500+ miles for one day of activity.

As far as taking time off or going in general, its the same thing every year. If you want to come, you will come. If you want to make an excuse, you'll find one. Qwibby made the trip last year on like 50 bucks with his ATM card being @!#$ up BECAUSE HE WANTED TO BE THERE. This is not a perfect event, theres hitches every year but thats part of what makes it what it is.



1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85





Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Friday, January 22, 2010 11:46 AM
the racing was just always based on when the track was available. same as this year. i think the show has mainly been on saturdays. so for people who had to work its easier to just come down for one day. same will likely happen this year those that can't get off work will likely come down to maybe watch the races then head back, not everyone has the ability to take several days off or any at all for some.

i was just pointing out that the downside to this is paul told me he paid for most of the event fee's on the show money. so less show competitors means less money to pay paul back for what was spent (or anyone else who put out money to make the bash happen) i just want to make sure people are at least breaking even on the event and not losing money.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Friday, January 22, 2010 3:04 PM
sndsgood wrote:

the racing was just always based on when the track was available. same as this year. i think the show has mainly been on saturdays. so for people who had to work its easier to just come down for one day. same will likely happen this year those that can't get off work will likely come down to maybe watch the races then head back, not everyone has the ability to take several days off or any at all for some.

i was just pointing out that the downside to this is paul told me he paid for most of the event fee's on the show money. so less show competitors means less money to pay paul back for what was spent (or anyone else who put out money to make the bash happen) i just want to make sure people are at least breaking even on the event and not losing money.


but like last year, ill pre register again for the whole event, not just racing or just show, so regardless if i make it to the judging or show part ill have paid anyway. i think thats what registration should be. one flat fee whether you are registering for the event/racing/show/etc.



Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Friday, January 22, 2010 4:15 PM
^^^^ agreed. that is a great idea.



Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Friday, January 22, 2010 5:31 PM
I'm not even gonna wash my car this year.

I do not want to be judged but I'll show it.

If there is a DJ table you best believe I will fist pump the night away.

That's all i got.





BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Friday, January 22, 2010 5:40 PM
lol @ fist pumping...

live dj would be epic... lmao



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Saturday, January 23, 2010 5:52 AM
This whole can't get a extra day off. If most people are driving down the "day of" the event and driving back, then I'm sure 6+ months in advance they can get one extra day. Even when I worked at Burger King when I was 18 I could get a request 6 months in advance. Maybe people don't want to do that. Fine there choice. Hell most jobs now days you can even take a day off unpaid. It is everyone choice.



FU Tuning



Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Saturday, January 23, 2010 6:54 AM
z yaaaa wrote:

^^^^ agreed. that is a great idea.





if people are willling to do that then thats great. i just know people tend to gripe about the price as well every year.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Saturday, January 23, 2010 6:57 AM
As of now this is the potential schedule that i wanna do. But Paul and I need to agree on it, he is still doing some small behind the scenes things.

STRONGLY encourage Thursday night arrival.

Friday

12-? Dyno (the company owns the industrial park so they have A LOT of leeway
3-? Show (judging maybe @ 5, not sure Jason never calls when I ask him to)

Saturday

10-5 Racing (12$ to spectate 20$ to race)
630-? QSL (wing buffet @ 11.99$ possibly cheaper trying to get that down but he offered us the same rates they run on Tuesdays)

I will be there either later Wednesday night or very early Thursday.







LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Saturday, January 23, 2010 9:39 AM
being that its summer and the sun stays out till about 9 we could run the show all the way up till then. or if dyno starts at 12 and the show is in the same spot then just start the show at noon as well since people would allready be arriving. and then have judging start at like 3 and go till 7 or 8.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Saturday, January 23, 2010 6:04 PM
sndsgood wrote:

being that its summer and the sun stays out till about 9 we could run the show all the way up till then. or if dyno starts at 12 and the show is in the same spot then just start the show at noon as well since people would allready be arriving. and then have judging start at like 3 and go till 7 or 8.

x2


z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Sunday, January 24, 2010 9:15 AM
sndsgood wrote:

being that its summer and the sun stays out till about 9 we could run the show all the way up till then. or if dyno starts at 12 and the show is in the same spot then just start the show at noon as well since people would allready be arriving. and then have judging start at like 3 and go till 7 or 8.


I agree with the show running later. Finishing up close to dark could be cool for the car with lights (neons, etc..).



FU Tuning



Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Sunday, January 24, 2010 11:36 AM
Too Whiney wrote:

sndsgood wrote:

being that its summer and the sun stays out till about 9 we could run the show all the way up till then. or if dyno starts at 12 and the show is in the same spot then just start the show at noon as well since people would allready be arriving. and then have judging start at like 3 and go till 7 or 8.


I agree with the show running later. Finishing up close to dark could be cool for the car with lights (neons, etc..).


what like race wars? haha.


my carDomain updated 10/31/09 Forged and Supercharged


Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Sunday, January 24, 2010 4:03 PM
so excited to see progress happening with this!
and as multiple people have stated its going to be impossible to please everyone! i am pretty stoked to know we have our own parking area though! im sure some of the locals will still find us... but thats part of the fun i guess.



Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Sunday, January 24, 2010 10:58 PM
u know im in for a good burnout contest Phill. reguarding everythng else dont matter to me , cuz IF i do go ill be following u all the way.


ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500


Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Monday, January 25, 2010 12:56 AM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:

I'm not even gonna wash my car this year.

I do not want to be judged but I'll show it.


You're awesome. That's what I did last year, didn't wash it or even take the numbers off it from the track.


Too Whiney wrote:

This whole can't get a extra day off. If most people are driving down the "day of" the event and driving back, then I'm sure 6+ months in advance they can get one extra day. Even when I worked at Burger King when I was 18 I could get a request 6 months in advance. Maybe people don't want to do that. Fine there choice. Hell most jobs now days you can even take a day off unpaid. It is everyone choice.


You do realize that not everyone works M-F, right? I'm already taking two days for this and my work won't allow for 3 without a doctors note. I know I'm not the only one as well.



Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Monday, January 25, 2010 8:39 AM
Joey, I don't mean to sound like a dick if I do, but your job doesn't allow vacations?



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Monday, January 25, 2010 9:21 AM
Qwibby {T3H Old QBE} wrote:

Joey, I don't mean to sound like a dick if I do, but your job doesn't allow vacations?


I get one week and I'm using the week after I run a 12 mile mini marathon in April. It wouldn't matter though, at my place vacations are based upon seniority and the top guys take all the good summer weeks.

I'm not asking for it to be changed for me, I'm just letting people know that every job isn't M-F 9-5. I know I'm not the only one in this type of scheduling situation.



Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Monday, January 25, 2010 9:47 AM
Ok, I do understand. Hopefully the 6 month window helps you get that extra day



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Monday, January 25, 2010 9:57 AM
It doesnt matter to me when we do what, I come mainly for the people and have fun no matter what.

I'll be there thursday and I'll pay for racing and showing like I always do even tho I never actually show the car.





JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!


In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Monday, January 25, 2010 10:56 AM
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:

It doesnt matter to me when we do what, I come mainly for the drinking to have fun no matter what.

I'll be there thursday and I'll pay for racing and showing like I always do even tho I never actually show the car.


Fixed that for you










~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
______________________
WHITECAVY no more
2012 numbers - 4SPD AUTOMATIC!!
328 HP
306 TQ
Re: 2010 Bash discussions
Monday, January 25, 2010 8:43 PM
JoeyDaBomb wrote:

Qwibby {T3H Old QBE} wrote:

Joey, I don't mean to sound like a dick if I do, but your job doesn't allow vacations?


I get one week and I'm using the week after I run a 12 mile mini marathon in April. It wouldn't matter though, at my place vacations are based upon seniority and the top guys take all the good summer weeks.

I'm not asking for it to be changed for me, I'm just letting people know that every job isn't M-F 9-5. I know I'm not the only one in this type of scheduling situation.


you only need a day or two to recover after a mini marathon, if you've trained well. i've ran 2. goin for #3 in May. next after that is the full. but i do understand how scheduling vacations at some places work. luckily i'm finishin up my 6th year at my place and have plenty of vacation time. only 1 other person been there longer than me and it's a small company.


my carDomain updated 10/31/09 Forged and Supercharged


Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search