Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information - Page 24 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:58 AM
DRAGON DRAGON DRAGON!!!!!!!!




I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005


Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 10:00 AM
Top Gear went there last week though... and the speed limit is 35 the whole way..... ugh...



Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 10:02 AM
oooh I'd do the dragon! Something I have always wanted to do!

and I doubt anyone obeys that speed limit, but probly max is 50 anyone goes lol



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 10:04 AM
I've been on it before with my brothers truck club, it was a hell of a drive even at 35-40mph.

Awesome views and a fun trip.


I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 10:08 AM
like jason said, whats the big deal about you guys making the sacrifice once... considering the rest have made the sacrifice for the past few years. its only one year. and a few hundred more than what you normally spend, unless you either cant find a place to crash free, or just drive it straight through. but the midwesterners pay that difference every year and i still have a 5 hour drive. when i went, i would drive to darkstars house 2 hours, then another 2 to his uncles house, then a good 7-8 hours to the bash. granted i had free board but i would have had no problem driving straight through like i will to indy if thats where it resides.

also, if its in indy, im actually racing for once at a bash. if i broke in ohio i was looking at a 12+ hour wait to get a truck and trailer and get towed home, not to mention some very pissed off people to have to come get me. this time it will be 5 hours away and i can wait 5 hours to be towed home if i break. i remember sitting in the stand with fetter watching all the people race at the last bash i was at and it was not looking good. i was so tempted to get my car and actually put a good pass down. Track is not a huge deal but if im racing, i want to race at a good track so when i come through the traps at 120+ i dont die, as well as having great prep at the line.

i mean paul and jason know indy, they have connections to make it even better. and they have the local car club backing them there too. when they branch out i can see it bringing some more chicago people that are GM small cars.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, December 28, 2010 11:03 AM


Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 10:47 AM
What do you mean sacrifice ONCE? i have been to FOUR bashes. 3 of which were almost 10 hr drives.

2002 - 8.5 hrs
2008 - 9 hrs
2009 - 10 hrs
2010 - 7 hrs

Vince you ALWAYS make it seem sooooooooo far for you amd sooooo close for us, look at whats right in front of you. Stop making it about you, and stop making it seem like we east coast people drive 2 hrs to get there. I fkn hate that about you. You make it seem so one sided, when in ALL reality it is NOT.


Sacrifice is in 2009 me driving to Ohio with 55$ to my name after my debit card was stolen. DTP gave me gas money to get home. I ate 2 times that entire weekend. When I got there I had no idea how I was getting home.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, December 28, 2010 10:49 AM


LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 11:10 AM
ive had 10 hour bash trips every time.

you = 34.5 in 4 bashes
me= 30 in 3 bashes

so going from 10+ hours to 5 for one year does make it look nicer for me, as well as some of the other widwesterners. and im not making it about me, im just the only one speaking up from my area so i can see why you would think it is about me. but again, im the only one speaking up from my area because i actually want to experience the full bash this time.. and i for one would like to see jason DRIVE his car to the bash. that to me is well worth it in itself. as well as if ecotecpower makes the cruise from the west. not to mention 5 hrs for fetter and ryan and both wives. who knows maybe even some texas j's thats worth it to me. Everyone complains about the distance but boast they love to drive their car. then they all boast about their new builds and parts, but then say that they cant afford to go to the bash... that to me is dumb.

and yes it is one sided... you guys are basically saying, make it out here or we are not coming because we cant drive a few more measly hours. all it is, is time. you seem to have the extra funds to build the car and get extra parts, so take some of that extra and start putting it toward the bash?

nobody made you go in 2009, no need to play the sympathy card because in this discussion it makes no point. that was YOUR personal sacrifice. if you want to sacrifice for the good of the bash, then make the drive the extra distance and start backing this instead of fighting it.



Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 11:22 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

ive had 10 hour bash trips every time.

you = 34.5 in 4 bashes
me= 30 in 3 bashes

so going from 10+ hours to 5 for one year does make it look nicer for me, as well as some of the other widwesterners. and im not making it about me, im just the only one speaking up from my area so i can see why you would think it is about me. but again, im the only one speaking up from my area because i actually want to experience the full bash this time.. and i for one would like to see jason DRIVE his car to the bash. that to me is well worth it in itself. as well as if ecotecpower makes the cruise from the west. not to mention 5 hrs for fetter and ryan and both wives. who knows maybe even some texas j's thats worth it to me. Everyone complains about the distance but boast they love to drive their car. then they all boast about their new builds and parts, but then say that they cant afford to go to the bash... that to me is dumb.

and yes it is one sided... you guys are basically saying, make it out here or we are not coming because we cant drive a few more measly hours. all it is, is time. you seem to have the extra funds to build the car and get extra parts, so take some of that extra and start putting it toward the bash?

nobody made you go in 2009, no need to play the sympathy card because in this discussion it makes no point. that was YOUR personal sacrifice. if you want to sacrifice for the good of the bash, then make the drive the extra distance and start backing this instead of fighting it.


You're basically saying - Ef the definite attendees to hope for some others. Your argument goes both ways, if you guys love to drive your cars, then drive them. A FEW MEASLY hours? you're damn near DOUBLING our drive too HOPE for some new people, HOPE is but a pipe dream.

If you're the only person posting, you ARE making it for yourself, there has been what? 6 from this region who have posted their thoughts? If you have this whole army who wants it in Indy, then tell them to speak up or shut up. Just like all those "People" richwine told me had opinions or gripes about me.. All Bitches because no one came to me about he issues.

You started the sympathy cards with whining about not being able to race your car because you're afraid to break. Same reason I didn't race this year, but am I whining about it? No.

Not everyone will be made happy, but only a few, a very select few griped about things this year, and I won't name names.






LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 11:31 AM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:


You're basically saying - Ef the definite attendees to hope for some others. Your argument goes both ways, if you guys love to drive your cars, then drive them. A FEW MEASLY hours? you're damn near DOUBLING our drive too HOPE for some new people, HOPE is but a pipe dream.

If you're the only person posting, you ARE making it for yourself, there has been what? 6 from this region who have posted their thoughts? If you have this whole army who wants it in Indy, then tell them to speak up or shut up. Just like all those "People" richwine told me had opinions or gripes about me.. All Bitches because no one came to me about he issues.

You started the sympathy cards with whining about not being able to race your car because you're afraid to break. Same reason I didn't race this year, but am I whining about it? No.

Not everyone will be made happy, but only a few, a very select few griped about things this year, and I won't name names.


ohhhhh i get it, its not ok to double your drive, but its ok to double ours.... i got ya now. i thought for some reason you said you were trying to make it equal... what was i thinking... and not everone comes into the events forum.





Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 11:33 AM
I'm all for moving it west, I never said no to that, don't take what I am saying out of context. You're acting like an immature child while I post some good arguments. I am not against adding an hr or 2 to lessen i for you, but adding 6+ for us is out of the question for some of us



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 11:37 AM
Say we move it to Columbus, that adds 2 hrs for us, 8 and lessens it 2 for you, to 8, that's equal, no?



LE61T PTE6262 Powered


Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 12:04 PM
This argument over the same thing every 3 months is getting old...



Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 12:22 PM
I vote dragon as well - However, here's an idea for contingency:

Get a big map of north america. Get a list of attendees with their locations. City, State. Place said names on map (i think you can use google maps of mapquest to do this). See where the "central" location is between all the attendees. Done. No argument about fairness or bias. Let basic geography decide, then no one can b1tch or moan.



Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:04 PM
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:

I vote dragon as well - However, here's an idea for contingency:

Get a big map of north america. Get a list of attendees with their locations. City, State. Place said names on map (i think you can use google maps of mapquest to do this). See where the "central" location is between all the attendees. Done. No argument about fairness or bias. Let basic geography decide, then no one can b1tch or moan.


that works to a point, but the people who didn't come due to location aren't included. I love the loyals, they keep this event going. I want new faces though, and to achieve that...we need new ideas. This is why I'm leaning dragon.



Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:05 PM
Paul as far as dragon, will that be a one day event? And say the next a track or dyno/show area?



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:09 PM
Vince - Just so everyone knows -

Dixon, IL to Columbus, OH - 8 hrs

Bethlehem, Pa to Columbus, OH - 7.5 - 8 hrs.



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:13 PM
I'm not sure how the event would go honestly. There's a LOT more stuff to do. White water rafting, things that you can't do in the midwest. I'm thinking of making it more of a vacation. I might do a show, but no one really takes it seriously anymore like they used to. It used to be there would be 60-80 people just absolutely cleaning the crap out of their cars to see if they can trophy. We don't have that kind of attendance right now, so I might strip it down, go back to basics, and do more group activities. There isn't much competition, so I don't see the point in making a big deal of it. We tend to have more fun as the group anyways. My best memories have nothing to do with the show. If we had more racers, I'd consider running to the airstrip nearby for some runs. thats a good 45 minutes away though, so unless we got 50-100 cars racing it's not worth the drive. So I'm leaning towards a day on the dragon, and maybe a day of group activities for the 2nd day. I'm still brainstorming at this point.

Here's a good event to consider pulling things from it.

http://www.zdayz.com





Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:16 PM
Not a bad idea. I'd be disappointed to not see a dyno or anything. And with this being in a COMPLETELY new area it might pull a lot more southerners in, and they could ramp up the show scene, no?



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:33 PM
we have a few people here that go run there bikes on the dragon and theyve got pics of guys going around corners scraping knees. just it can get pretty damn busy.

last few years its seen a decline in show guys. half the people judged didnt want to be bothererd with cleaning there cars or just say "why bother im not going to win anyway". so its to the point where i wouldn't disagree with paul. question is do you just kill it off and make it more of a hang out and meet. or do you work at trying to improve it, grow it, add more car groups to it to make it bigger then what it is now?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:33 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:

oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:

I vote dragon as well - However, here's an idea for contingency:

Get a big map of north america. Get a list of attendees with their locations. City, State. Place said names on map (i think you can use google maps of mapquest to do this). See where the "central" location is between all the attendees. Done. No argument about fairness or bias. Let basic geography decide, then no one can b1tch or moan.


that works to a point, but the people who didn't come due to location aren't included. I love the loyals, they keep this event going. I want new faces though, and to achieve that...we need new ideas. This is why I'm leaning dragon.
I'm not saying to log just people who came this year on in past years. I'm saying anyone who has a desire and the money to go. Everyone's voice gets heard, no bias, no bs. Pick a truly central location based on geography.

Like i said, i like the dragon idea, but dyno/show day was my fav from this year's bash. Although that may have been because the guys were so hospitable and gave us run of the shop for a day.



Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:34 PM
it could ramp it up for a better event next year, and with the extra incentives, we stand a better chance of bringing in the new platforms.




Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:45 PM
Yeah paul def. I'd love to do a dyno thing though. But I always enjoy just bs'ing with everyone. I like your hangout idea though



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 2:08 PM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:

Indy doubles the drive for about 15 people out my way, from 6 to about 11-12 hrs.


did you Google map Bethlehem, pa to dragon? puts you about 11.5.... so you would make the trip to dragon for about the same time, but not Indy if it was there?

If I wend to dragon, id either A) do it by myself or a VERY select few cars, probably 3 total tops on my own time. all of us on it at the same time would be dumb and be the pace of a parade or someone would try and show off and screw it up for the rest of us.

also a HUGE factor is to check this schedule for them. finding a date that doesn't have 6 day events or a bike club there is ridiculous.
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/calendar.html



Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 2:10 PM
Yes I did. Tail of the Dragon is something COMPLETELY different, and it's something I have always wanted to do. Which I stated... above



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 2:30 PM
I'm booking a night in the hotel for you guys to kiss up, make love...whatever, just get your raging desire for each other out of the way.



Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search