Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information - Page 23 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Official 2010 GM Tuner Bash Information
Monday, December 27, 2010 7:58 PM
DTP... now with no Drop Top... haha

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Monday, December 27, 2010 8:06 PM
location will be a big factor as to whether I make it this year or not. i'd love to say i'll make it no matter what but my daughter will still be too young to make a real long haul. i think i pushed it a bit last year dragging the 7 month prego wife along. LOL

Monday, December 27, 2010 8:48 PM
arrival_04_eco (green98cav) wrote:Paul Gledhill aka DTP will be running the bash.. I will be helping... but last i heard he had no interest in going back to quail hollow

woot. why is this still in 2010 bash info? someone create a 2011 pre-bash complaints thread!
$100/night w/ no free breakfast=fail. cheap hotels give us at least that.
why have the bash at the same location as before? let's try something new until no one has a j-body anymore?
you guys are forgetting, having it east is cutting out those midwestern's out. so you'll likely gain the same amount as you lose.

this is the start of my signature: have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Monday, December 27, 2010 8:57 PM
s1lver_N1p (forum_Naz1) wrote:
arrival_04_eco (green98cav) wrote:Paul Gledhill aka DTP will be running the bash.. I will be helping... but last i heard he had no interest in going back to quail hollow

woot. why is this still in 2010 bash info? someone create a 2011 pre-bash complaints thread!
$100/night w/ no free breakfast=fail. cheap hotels give us at least that.
why have the bash at the same location as before? let's try something new until no one has a j-body anymore?
you guys are forgetting, having it east is cutting out those midwestern's out. so you'll likely gain the same amount as you lose.

I'd rather have the quality of our facilities be there then take some second rate place for free food. The service @ our 2009 hotel was definitely not on par at all. 2008 @ Xenia was decent. This year we had no issues with locals and everyone had fun at our 1 am camp fires. This is probly the first and last time we will be invited back by 2 of our facilities. DTP is responsible to call those places and tell them we are no longer interested in what they offer. I doubt you'll gain the amount of people you'll lose. But that's my opinion., albeit the same as many others.

I have heard/read on here and late night FB ecotec mafia chats that more people want to return to Quail then go anywhere else. Don't believe me? Friend request me on FB and I'll add you to our Ecotec Mafia group, so you can see it first hand. I guess listening to the masses doesn't mean anything

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:24 AM
why wouldnt people just post on here there opinions. on here it seems to be about 50/50 east versus west the same it seems to be every year. i'll agree that quail hollow was a nice hotel. but at the same time didn't most people only get 2 runs at the track.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:27 AM
Everyone who got to the track on time got three runs...

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:53 AM
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:Everyone who got to the track on time got three runs...

isn't even 3 runs not that great. i dont go to the track allot any more but most times ive been ive gotten 5 or 6 runs in. edgewater when we were in harrison i think paul had gotten in 8 or 9 runs. just seems racing was a big draw for allot of people. more then the car show side. so i think finding a track where everyone can get allot of runs on a decent track would be up on the importance list.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:59 AM
sndsgood wrote:
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:Everyone who got to the track on time got three runs...

isn't even 3 runs not that great. i dont go to the track allot any more but most times ive been ive gotten 5 or 6 runs in. edgewater when we were in harrison i think paul had gotten in 8 or 9 runs. just seems racing was a big draw for allot of people. more then the car show side. so i think finding a track where everyone can get allot of runs on a decent track would be up on the importance list.

Typically from my experience the better tracks 3 runs is the norm, at the crappier tracks (edgewater) you get more runs. So it's a trade off really.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 5:06 AM
sndsgood wrote:

To be honest, i would have enjoyed the bash w/o even running at the track. It's really not my thing, although i enjoy watching others run. For me the most fun was had at the show/dyno, and at the late night gatherings and convos.

Also, and the following is just my opinion, its obvious that the "prime" days of the GM tuner bash are past. I wish i could have seen it in it's prime, but I was glad to be able to attend at least one of them while i still own a Jbody. Attendance is going to dwindle year after year like slow death, and this schism of "east vs mid west" doesn't help matters. From the sounds of it, if the bash is held in Indiana, a lot of east coast people will not attend, and if it's held in eastern Ohio, a lot of mid-westerners will not attend. So the point is why would i want to drive to Ohio to hang out with my east coast friends? See what I mean? It's just a loosing battle now that everyone wants the bash in their backyard.

In any case, good luck with it guys, looking forward to all the details and how it turns out.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 5:44 AM
ive been to serveral bashes and it seems that after every bash the track was always the biggest issue. its always garnered the most responce from people. i could care less about it as well. ive never rand my car at any of the bashes. but it seems thats what most people have always had issues with so id think that it would be an important factor.

as far as the east versus west i dont see why it can't be an issue of making it further west one year and then go more east one year and trade off between the two. one year youlle have more eastern guys, one year youlee have more western guys and both years youlle have a mix of the hardcore guys that will drive either way.

why would you drive to ohio to hang with your eastern friends? truthfully i hope you don't. i hope you travel to (insert bash location here) to hang out with people from the board that you never get time to meet or hang out with because there not close to you. hell for me getting to meet Matt Mccloud from canada was one of the highlights for me from last years show. i get to see chris and pual and those guys all the time cause there close. so it was fun to meet people i talk to on here that i dont get to hang out with on a normal basis.

everyone every year wants the bash closer to them. thats not something new, its gone on since day one. so moving to diffrent areas allows allot of diffrent people to attend that might not attend if they have to drive x amount of miles.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 7:35 AM
Jeffie makes a great point. Track quality will definitely dictate amount of runs, a @!#$tier track you can almost hotlap (arguably not good for cars), while a nice well prepped track is more busy. This year the track made the mistake. I called and confirmed THREE times over 6 months. and they STILL forgot we were coming and I found out @ the track they started running earlier then their site said. The cobalt crew w/ civic that was there at 9:30 am got 5 runs in. I was told you don't start racing till 11, so I followed what I was told, and read on their site. Silly me for following directions.

IMHO I think large majority of bash attendees come from the pa/oh border and east. this year we had I think 21 cars from the region?

jeffie
ryan
sam
wayne
jay
ashley
me
pj
smoosh
tim
matt hazzard
matt'
John

and thats just the ones I know about, I am sure there were pittsburgh area guys and other people. Is moving the bash 5+ hrs more east a gamble? Yes IMO it is.

Jason - moving it back and forth every year is a great idea, but is it really going to happen? in 09 the track wasn't an issue, a lot of the complaints I heard was about the service at the hotel. And it's usually pretty even as far as show/racing, I disagree with your argument that it's always about the racing. Yes while being a big point finding a good track is important.

Ryan - it may be dying slowly every year, and thats why we need to branch out to the delta, kappa, and cruze platforms. The last 3 bashes I have been too, and the attendance has been pretty steady. 2008 def had a bunch more, but what we lost in J's from 08 we gained in othr platforms 2009-2010.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 8:07 AM
im not saying every argument was about the track but you here more complaints about the track because well the show side all you need really is a parking lot. so complaints ive always head was mainly due to the track. hotels can be changed easily enough if you have a good track, i mean any decent sized town will have several hotels to choose from. that usually comes down to wether people want cheap or quality. moving it back and forth every year has somewhat how its been for the last several years. weve been north east ohio central ohio south west ohio central indiana st. louis it has moved east and west every year. as far as attendees from last year im sure the majority were more from the east. thats because it was held in the east. if you hold it farther west it will probably change to more of a majority from the west then east. your generally going to have the most people from the general region your holding the event. i mean i know a good half dozen or so from the west that backed out do to it just being to far east for them. just as if its moved west youlle have some people from the east not come because its just to far. so your options i see it are just hold it in one place and bail on the guys that are to far. or you switch it up from east to west and every other year you have the event be more localised to you. i kinda have liked going to diffrent areas and getting to see new areas. this last year instead of going to the track me and the wife went and spent the day in downtown cleveland since we had never been there. hell i probalby wouldnt be opposed to having it near the pennsylvania area one year. but if it was held on the eastern side every single year i may go and hit it up one year, but id be less likely to make that drive every single year.

i definatly agree that it needs to be branched out more to other gm cars to help keep the size up. need to try and gang up with a few differnt sites to make up a larger group if we want to see this thing last. did seem we had a few more cobalts last year.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 8:12 AM
What about finding a great facility that meets both the needs of east and west? Say mid Ohio? I would not mind driving 8 hrs.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 8:22 AM
i always thought columbus area would make a decent middle ground. but dont know whats there as far as facilities go. but realistically its not in my hands to pick the location. all im doing is putting out suggestions.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 8:28 AM
I wouldn't mind the columbus area, evens out the drive a bit more for east and west people.

I <3 JGM
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:07 AM
I am happy with columbus

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:26 AM
how about a curveball?

Your text to link here...

We all like driving our cars right? Name a better road

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:28 AM
That would create a new record for the most amount of speeding tickets given at a bash. But we should do it anyway.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:30 AM
lets REALLY do something different...I've always wanted to go there, and it would give me incentive to go

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:34 AM
Funny you brought that up the saturn guys are heading down there in the summer months.

I'd for sure be up for it

I <3 JGM

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:43 AM
30 guys at the beginning and 4 guys making it out. don't know if id want to be responsible for leading a group of j's down the gap lol.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:45 AM
Yeah that's true, me and a couple friends that I am confident in their driving ability sure, but 10+ cars will lead to shenanigans.

But that just means we need to spread out the groups.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:50 AM
there's all kinds of car groups that go....besides...the 1000 foot drop to your ultimate death will humble most people when it comes to some of those corners lol. My friend's Z club runs there annually

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:52 AM
oh i know. im just saying i'll be damned if im going to lift a wrecked sunfire and hang it on the parts tree lol.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:52 AM
As stated before, I'll go to the bash no matter where it's at.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search