Location Planning for 2012 BASH - Page 7 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:10 PM
ive talked to a few groups around texas , and im still gauging interest. You will probably see a few of them post up with their opinions on the matter. But it looks like we could bring a pretty good size group from texas alone

Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:11 PM
I LOVE the idea of a cruise/poker run.... but, the issue is, people drive like retards... no doubt about it... people drive like idiots when they get in groups and want to show off. thats how its going to happen and thats the part that scares me.

The other part is, we have to pick several people who dont want to do the crusie, to sit in a spot and do the cards while everyone gets to drive around, if we do a poker run.

If we cant get enough to race, maybe we shouldnt do the track then... Do a cruise instead of the track and see how it goes from there.

Just more ideas...

Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:15 PM
Ya scott just talked to me. I run GM's of San Antonio. I will talk to my guys. they always like to travel so we could make this trip next year.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:45 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:I LOVE the idea of a cruise/poker run.... but, the issue is, people drive like retards... no doubt about it... people drive like idiots when they get in groups and want to show off. thats how its going to happen and thats the part that scares me.

The other part is, we have to pick several people who dont want to do the crusie, to sit in a spot and do the cards while everyone gets to drive around, if we do a poker run.

If we cant get enough to race, maybe we shouldnt do the track then... Do a cruise instead of the track and see how it goes from there.

Just more ideas...

I agree with you on peoples driving. At the same time this will happen going to the track, or to dinner as well.

Maybe a poker run without the cards. Just locations to stop at. I would hate for people to mis out on the poker run, unless we found locations like shops etc.. that would give the cards out.

FU Tuning

Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:55 PM
No Longer Screaming wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:I LOVE the idea of a cruise/poker run.... but, the issue is, people drive like retards... no doubt about it... people drive like idiots when they get in groups and want to show off. thats how its going to happen and thats the part that scares me.

Just more ideas...

I agree with you on peoples driving. At the same time this will happen going to the track, or to dinner as well.

Maybe a poker run without the cards. Just locations to stop at. I would hate for people to mis out on the poker run, unless we found locations like shops etc.. that would give the cards out.

yeah i mean people are gonna drive dumb regardless. I wish there was a pill to minimize it.

I like the poker run idea... Worth looking into. I mean maybe find some way to have a prize at the end even!

Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:58 PM
There really needs to be a track guys...if theres no track people are going to be taking their adrenaline to the street. ..... not like they dont anyway, but im sure we need to minimize as much street running as possible....just my .02

Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:05 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:There really needs to be a track guys...if theres no track people are going to be taking their adrenaline to the street. ..... not like they dont anyway, but im sure we need to minimize as much street running as possible....just my .02

I also agree with you. A track option of some kind. even if it is a open test and tune, or even a 1/8. I believe the track has always been a option or event for the Bash, so should have it still.

The cruise/poker Run would just be another event.

Also for dumb drivers. Sometimes the best way to handle this is pressure from friends/others. Police ourselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:06 PM

FU Tuning

Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:28 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:There really needs to be a track guys...if theres no track people are going to be taking their adrenaline to the street. ..... not like they dont anyway, but im sure we need to minimize as much street running as possible....just my .02

I also agree with you. A track option of some kind. even if it is a open test and tune, or even a 1/8. I believe the track has always been a option or event for the Bash, so should have it still.

The cruise/poker Run would just be another event.

Also for dumb drivers. Sometimes the best way to handle this is pressure from friends/others. Police ourselves.

Sounds like the best option yet. Racing isn't everyone's thing. Cruising isn't everyone's thing either. Gotta find the best of both worlds. Obviously, if a cruise was involved... during the day is best. Racing could be an either or. I know quite a few test and tunes go late into the night.

Just need to get a feeler for what everyone wants to see. I personally liked how CED started on a Thursday. Thursday was auto-x, then dinner, Friday was racing as well as more meet and greet. Saturday was the car show, which after that you could leave then or stay until Sunday if you wanted. Gave everyone a day to get back and get situated and what not.

Friday, August 26, 2011 4:54 AM
could bowling green kentucky be a possible option. somewhat south. not sure what kind of track they have. they hold challengerfest down there. and you have the corvette museum. might be an area that could be a possibility.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, August 26, 2011 5:11 AM
sndsgood wrote:could bowling green kentucky be a possible option. somewhat south. not sure what kind of track they have. they hold challengerfest down there. and you have the corvette museum. might be an area that could be a possibility.

that could possible work

its 769 mi, 12 hours 39 mins away from me

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, August 26, 2011 6:22 AM
Oh damn, if we could set up a corvette tour, that would be welll worth the trip!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Friday, August 26, 2011 6:31 AM
sndsgood wrote:could bowling green kentucky be a possible option. somewhat south. not sure what kind of track they have. they hold challengerfest down there. and you have the corvette museum. might be an area that could be a possibility.

I think that would be a cool place. That is where the first bash was in 98 or 99

I also like the idea of starting something on Thursday.

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Friday, August 26, 2011 7:06 AM

Just more ideas...

It is funny, no matter how many bashes I come too...there will always be that one person that drive like that. ( No way around it. )

We do not have to do a poker run persay. We could have stops were you have to try a certain restaurants special dish or drink, next stop could be the bathroom if you did not like it, etc. We could do a charity run ( like toys for tots ), or we could just drive a predetermined trip ( some highway, some twisties, etc ) then everyone can participate.

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Friday, August 26, 2011 7:43 AM
Blwn LD9 wrote:

Just more ideas...

It is funny, no matter how many bashes I come too...there will always be that one person that drive like that. ( No way around it. )

We do not have to do a poker run persay. We could have stops were you have to try a certain restaurants special dish or drink, next stop could be the bathroom if you did not like it, etc. We could do a charity run ( like toys for tots ), or we could just drive a predetermined trip ( some highway, some twisties, etc ) then everyone can participate.

You are soo right.

Local car forum I'm on started a cruise recently. The next one we are cruising from a local car hangout and going north using back roads, that are just a nice drive. We will be stopping at a mexican place for some food, then finish the cruise back to the starting point.

FU Tuning

Friday, August 26, 2011 8:23 AM
Blwn LD9 wrote:

Just more ideas...

You are soo right.

Local car forum I'm on started a cruise recently. The next one we are cruising from a local car hangout and going north using back roads, that are just a nice drive. We will be stopping at a mexican place for some food, then finish the cruise back to the starting point.

See...that is pretty simple. If we for example choose Bowling Green, KY. We could start at the hotel.....take the long way to the corvette museum....drive for some lunch....then back to the hotel ( N2Deep )

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Friday, August 26, 2011 9:38 AM
Blwn LD9 wrote:
See...that is pretty simple. If we for example choose Bowling Green, KY. We could start at the hotel.....take the long way to the corvette museum....drive for some lunch....then back to the hotel ( N2Deep )

Bowling Green also has a drag strip (http://www.beechbend.com/) so we could easily do something like the show on friday or saturday at Beech Bend then a cruise like you said on sunday

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Friday, August 26, 2011 9:47 AM
you could figure a poker run in. figuring 5 cards. we could do 1 upon check in so that everyone gets checked in and accounted for. 1 at the dragstrip 1 at the show, 1 at dinner and then just 1 more card at another spot. could be a trip to the corvette museum or some other thing going on in the areas or do like 1 at awards at the end and then give a prize to the best hand type of thing. prize might give some people incentive to come out to each event going on. and if you have two or three people with a draw as to a winner you could take those three people and give them a point for each event they actually entered and particpated. or u could do that for everyone as some sort of wildcard depending in the events participated. and as far as douche bag drivers you dont nessicarily have to have everyone go at the same time. people head out in groups as they want. you know someone who is running the events would be there to hand out cards so its a bit nicer then doign the run seperate from the normal events.

and remember this is me just throwing crap out there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, August 26, 2011 3:00 PM
haha ill be honest guys. After driving all the way up there, im not gonna want to drive more.

Friday, August 26, 2011 3:12 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:haha ill be honest guys. After driving all the way up there, im not gonna want to drive more.

And some people will feel that way. Others will say after driving that far I do not want to race my car. So leaves something for everyone, but you do not have to do any of it if you do not want to.

FU Tuning

Friday, August 26, 2011 7:07 PM
sndsgood wrote:you could figure a poker run in. figuring 5 cards. we could do 1 upon check in so that everyone gets checked in and accounted for. 1 at the dragstrip 1 at the show, 1 at dinner and then just 1 more card at another spot. could be a trip to the corvette museum or some other thing going on in the areas or do like 1 at awards at the end and then give a prize to the best hand type of thing. prize might give some people incentive to come out to each event going on. and if you have two or three people with a draw as to a winner you could take those three people and give them a point for each event they actually entered and particpated. or u could do that for everyone as some sort of wildcard depending in the events participated. and as far as douche bag drivers you dont nessicarily have to have everyone go at the same time. people head out in groups as they want. you know someone who is running the events would be there to hand out cards so its a bit nicer then doign the run seperate from the normal events.

and remember this is me just throwing crap out there.

I like this idea. it seems like fun and has alittle of everything. I likely will trailer all my cars. and I think some other in my club will trailer as well. then will just un load and be ready to cruise. but I posted the idea on my Car club site and it has sparked good intrest in my club.

Saturday, August 27, 2011 7:23 AM
scott (section8cav) wrote:haha ill be honest guys. After driving all the way up there, im not gonna want to drive more.

And some people will feel that way. Others will say after driving that far I do not want to race my car..

true..but they will still be AT the track. racing or not people usually have a good time hanging out at a track, watching the races and enjoying others company. On a poker run there isnt much company to be had, especially for those not participating. My group doesnt trailer our cars, we drive the whole way, and enjoy every minute of it. Our purpose in attending is like you stated before. to meet all the guys from around the country and enjoy the company. personally i really look forward to the track and the hotel....my favorite parts
Now im not saying you shouldnt do those other things by any means, but i just want you guys to have a good idea of what to expect so it can be planned accordingly. This has alot of potential and i really hope it pans out.

Sunday, August 28, 2011 7:52 AM
poker run would be no diffrent then anything else. do it if you want to. dont do it if you don't want to. me for instance at the 10 bash i wasnt going to go to the track and hang out all day. so me and the wife just went to cleveland for the day and walked around downtown. nothing at the bash is ever mandatory

Sunday, August 28, 2011 8:11 AM
sndsgood wrote:poker run would be no diffrent then anything else. do it if you want to. dont do it if you don't want to. me for instance at the 10 bash i wasnt going to go to the track and hang out all day. so me and the wife just went to cleveland for the day and walked around downtown. nothing at the bash is ever mandatory

Wish I didn't go to the track that day either.

i pretty much hate going to the track and watching. nothing fun about it.

10 Bash was even worse because our group go so few runs. I can watch big bad V8, drag cars run anytime.

FU Tuning

Sunday, August 28, 2011 2:57 PM
sndsgood wrote:poker run would be no diffrent then anything else. do it if you want to. dont do it if you don't want to. me for instance at the 10 bash i wasnt going to go to the track and hang out all day. so me and the wife just went to cleveland for the day and walked around downtown. nothing at the bash is ever mandatory

Wish I didn't go to the track that day either.

i pretty much hate going to the track and watching. nothing fun about it.

10 Bash was even worse because our group go so few runs. I can watch big bad V8, drag cars run anytime.

yeah thats why we didnt bother. wasnt s bad the year before because we ran at night when the heat wasnt as bad.

Monday, August 29, 2011 1:49 PM
I like the idea of the poker run. Would just have to figure out the prizes for winning and best hand. I like 1 card at check in. Im sure you could get the hotel to do a card as well so no matter what you get 2 cards. We could probably figure something out so that those who dont want to cruise, race, show, can still get a full hand. Its a great idea.

Looking at it, Bowling green looks like it has something for everyone... water park, amusement park, race track, tons of stuff. Sure it may not be top of the line but still looks like it has a lot to do.

Seems like we are actually getting somewhere now! Making progress for sure.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search