Location Planning for 2012 BASH - Page 9 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:33 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:Rick will not be coming...he is out of the scene, ... sad i know...he hasnt done anything with his car in over a year,maybe longer...he got into "disc golf" , and is now engaged.

Got out of cars and into disc golf. aww man next thing you know youlle tell me he's one of those guys with the big bag that has 90 diffrent discs in it to play lol.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:12 PM
LMAO dont bother looking at his facebook then hahahahaha...he doesnt post pics of faces..he posts DISC'S.......I then in turn repost pics of frizbee's my dog chewed up

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:00 PM
Dammit Rick, what the hells wrong with him lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:37 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:Rick will not be coming...he is out of the scene, ... sad i know...he hasnt done anything with his car in over a year,maybe longer...he got into "disc golf" , and is now engaged.

he waited till he finally beat one of my cars at a show then he quite the game. lol

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:50 PM
lol ok I meantioned to my guys about it being in bowling green. they weren't to excited about adding 4 more hours to our drive. doesn't mean they won't do it but they were looking a driving straight to the hotel but 16hour drive will need to get a hotel half way to rest and finish our drive.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:33 PM
it wasnt 4, it was 6......what calculator are you using? haha

here it is guys..plain and simple............I know you want to get the south more involved.
Simple fact of the matter is the guys down here are used to an annual bash we do in texas already, in order to get them to travel its going to have to be within reasonable travel time for a first timer.
Alot of the guys down here have never even heard of GMtunerbash..you gotta get them hooked, you get them hooked the first time then they are more likely to make a further trip next time once they realize how much they like it.

If any further south is too far then perhaps it just wasnt ment to be and its best it stay where its at, it wont hurt anyones feelings, you have to do whats best for the event. You guys do what you have to do.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:39 PM
Why don't we plan a Northern and Southern bash? In other words... flordia, into texas ish area and the Kentuckyish area for north...

I dont see why it needs to be a one location thing...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:44 PM
Alex Richards wrote:Why don't we plan a Northern and Southern bash? In other words... flordia, into texas ish area and the Kentuckyish area for north...

I dont see why it needs to be a one location thing...

one location getting almost everyone we can will draw more than 2 split locations ever will.

Side note, I really wish you texas guys would be able to make it if its in Bowling Green. I know it adds a few extra hours to the drive but considering the tracks around and locations that are available, not sure how much farther south we could try and go while still retaining the huge mass of owners in the north.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 6:02 AM
Scott, what is a reasonable amount of distance you guys are willing to drive? Are Tenn or MIssouri reasonable distances?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, September 01, 2011 7:22 AM
first i want to make sure we get this straight...what i consider "reasonable distance" and the distance people in this area will travel ..are two different things hahahaha
TN and MI definetly reasonable..depending on what part of course... Memphis i really think i could make work, and by make work i mean get the best turnout from the area.
To be completely honest i think anything over a 10 hour drive is gonna lose most of the people here..and when i say 10 hours im speaking from an Austin TX standpoint, which is pretty central tx, san antonio will have a couple more hours on top of that and they have a lot of cars to bring to the table.
While i like the idea of a national meet best, the notion of a north/south bash really isnt such a bad idea...nothing wrong with starting it like that and combining them later.
But this is all up to you guys...glad i dont have your job

Thursday, September 01, 2011 8:44 AM
plain and simple, you have two kinds of participants:
1. those who own a GM product and drive it daily and mod it when budgeting allows and are members of a club to be social
2. those who LIVE for their GM product and make sacrifices to other 'necessities' AFTER spending money on their car and live for the meets and modding their rides

The first crowd will say "a meet would be fun, but i dont have the money to travel that far, stay at a hotel, cruise around and waste gas, or fix anything if it breaks. Plus I cant take too many days off work. My wife and kids cant go, so I cant go" etc.

The second crowd will do anything it takes to make the meet happen, including sell a limb (not the shifting arm or a foot obviously)...or get a divorce to hang out with other men (no homo).

So..how do you appeal to the 'majority'? Well from what I gather, the events are for the enthusiasts that are more modded and enjoy the concept of a 'gathering' of members to talk about their rides. My guess is, A LOT but not majority that would go to an event, do it just to be social. So cater to the majority. Its how any democracy works (or should..lets not get into that haha)...

To me, who fits more into category 1 than 2 because I haven't had the money/time to invest yet (though Im a huge car guy), still wouldnt mind traveling from SA to anywhere. I drive for fun some nights with windows down and radio off, and my cav is nearly stock. I enjoy the long rides, new scenery, and visiting towns. It would be a cool experience and I'm def planning on going with the group down here if I still have my ride and time/money permit (saving now wouldnt hurt, after all its only a couple hundred max for gas/hotel).

After all that, in short lol.... those who want to really meet will me. Those who dont or cant, will not go, they'llsee the pictures, hear the stories, and maybe be encouraged to go next year.

Also, getting the idea of a split event isnt good yet, it'll discourage those on the fence about the trip. I would wait and if the numbers of people wanting to do a seperate 'remote' or 'satellite' GMbash down south increase, they can plan that closer to the timeframe and details of the main event. Sorry Im at work, and have a few minutes to kill

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:57 AM
i remember the one year they tried smaller bashes i dont think they really got any amount of people to show up at any of them maybe a dozen or sho per event if iremember correctly. think the best case is jsut to shoot for one event. reality is if 100 people like the location and the time you still will only get half that to show up when it comes down to it.

is there anything near nashville area?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, September 01, 2011 11:03 AM
sndsgood wrote:i remember the one year they tried smaller bashes i dont think they really got any amount of people to show up at any of them maybe a dozen or sho per event if iremember correctly. think the best case is jsut to shoot for one event. reality is if 100 people like the location and the time you still will only get half that to show up when it comes down to it.

Pre meets if I remember correctly.

Florida was going to do one, but the Bash committee wanted money from us to call it that. We laughed and did our own thing. they were using the pre meets to raise money for the main bash. I think it was done wrong.

2 events could work.

FU Tuning

Thursday, September 01, 2011 12:14 PM
Thursday, September 01, 2011 12:27 PM
No Longer Screaming wrote:
sndsgood wrote:i remember the one year they tried smaller bashes i dont think they really got any amount of people to show up at any of them maybe a dozen or sho per event if iremember correctly. think the best case is jsut to shoot for one event. reality is if 100 people like the location and the time you still will only get half that to show up when it comes down to it.

Pre meets if I remember correctly.

Florida was going to do one, but the Bash committee wanted money from us to call it that. We laughed and did our own thing. they were using the pre meets to raise money for the main bash. I think it was done wrong.

2 events could work.

yup i remember that

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, September 01, 2011 12:29 PM
There are no 1/4 mile tracks around St Louis anymore. I'm not sure about southern MO. I think bowling green ky would be a neat place to do it. Memphis is a rough town and I can't say I recommend it unless there is a hotel with secure and fenced parking.

I'm roughly 6.5 hours from bowling green and 6 from Memphis. So its whatever.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 3:11 PM
i know i Texas we do a bash every year and it has a great turnout every time. I put alot of work into it every year and keep the most minimal for attendants...i would be more than happy to try to work on a joint event with florida and invite everyone inbetween.
that is ofcourse if they are interested and the ONE event doesnt work out...;..just tossing around possiblities

Thursday, September 01, 2011 4:03 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:i know i Texas we do a bash every year and it has a great turnout every time. I put alot of work into it every year and keep the most minimal for attendants...i would be more than happy to try to work on a joint event with florida and invite everyone inbetween.
that is ofcourse if they are interested and the ONE event doesnt work out...;..just tossing around possiblities

I don't want to under cut the Bash, but if things don;t pan out then lets talk.

FU Tuning

Thursday, September 01, 2011 4:04 PM
well my guys will travel. they have never shyed away from a drive. I really like the bowling green idea. but I also know that is a long haul for members. what we need to see is what would be the outcome of doing it in bowling green. and then get back to you guys. ill talk to mark "houston president" and have him talk to his guys. lets see what is the limits for our guys. definately would have to get a hotel mid way if we do bowling green. so like I explained my guys then we would looking leaving wednesday afternoon and drive for as long as we can. hopefully get out of texas then just finish up thursday and arrive late that night. then we have friday, sat, and sun. then monday it back on the road and finish up the drive on tuesday.

so im getting feedback from my guys. about that plan.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 7:37 PM
I like the BG idea, and yes I have been one that has been close to a few of the Bashes. Memphis is a 12 hour drive ( 730 miles) for me here in NE Ohio, Let alone anyone east (PA, NY, NJ) Might loose alot of members that have been to the past few due to distance. And we have a few Canadians that show too..

Thursday, September 01, 2011 7:51 PM
What would the options be to do it in Texas. Id be down to cruise out for this if it was in the South. But damn Ohio, and even Kentucky is a bit to far from AZ for me to take a week or so off work to drive to...lol

Thursday, September 01, 2011 8:34 PM
I know your just tossing the idea around. Bit there are a couple different 1/4 mile tracks in north Texas I could secure

Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:26 PM
basically its 12 hours from the bitchiest person, so solve that and you wont have an issue!

im a fan of bowling green too.

Friday, September 02, 2011 5:47 AM
nobodies actually bitching, problaby the longest post about bash location that we have had where no one has bitched lol.

Friday, September 02, 2011 6:42 AM
ha ha good point. havnt really seen much whining in this thread. which is really a surprise given the website were on hehe

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search