Location Planning for 2012 BASH - Page 14 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Location Planning for 2012 BASH
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:08 AM
I do not really care when, more concerned about a date being picked. I have the feeling it is not going to happen.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:21 PM
Do it whenever, just set a date. You'll never be able to keep everyone happy.

Kentucky should be interesting though... haha

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:12 PM
I got the ball rolling but there's not much else i can do...

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:50 PM
I need a date so I can put my vacation in and get a trailer locked in for the flower.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:28 PM
Athens Ohio 45701

Monday, January 30, 2012 9:10 PM
wait are people talking about Bowling Green Ohio, or Bowling Green Kentucky?

---

Monday, January 30, 2012 10:14 PM
bowling green, Kentucky

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 3:49 PM
well that adds about 7 hours on to my drive lol

---

Saturday, February 04, 2012 3:42 PM
Any updates yet?

Monday, February 06, 2012 2:59 PM
griderusmc( da beaner ) wrote:Any updates yet?

nope, your still gay.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, February 07, 2012 9:33 PM
If its been narrowed down to July/august, let's just call the track/locale and see what weekends are open. If they aren't booked at all, I'm just going to throw out July 28th weekend. Let's get things rolling.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 2:57 PM
Is there an actual "organizer" thats been named? I came in on page 12.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 7:53 PM
there had been a large committee working on this, but it seems our personal lives have taken a front seat to the bash. Seeing as my car is completely stock and most of my friends have moved on from J's I'd doubt anyone from my area would come, which knowcks about 8-10 off the list.
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 8:23 PM
I'm still going to try to make it. It will most likely be my last year with a J... and first meet ever. I came around on Page 2 at the top and forgot all about the meet... lol. Hope I still have ole blue in July/August. If not... I am NOT driving the 97 project.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 1:29 AM
I want updates!!! Stock or not, everyone should go! We all know it's not even really about the cars anyways.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:06 PM
Roofy wrote:I want updates!!! Stock or not, everyone should go! We all know it's not even really about the cars anyways.

AGREED!!!!!

Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:42 PM
well, i was Jeffie's secretary in this....

Basically the track wants to charge us like 3k to have it there....and that is what has caused this stall

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:03 PM
yea, most tracks are going to want you to pay up front to get track time. 3k sounds about right.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:04 AM
If you plan it around a open test and tune then no up front cost for the track.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:28 AM
this is why we really didnt rent tracks the last sevral years. just gone on a tune night and asked for our own lanes. at this point in time you guys shouldnt worry about renting a track, i surely wouldnt want to drop 2-3 grand for a track and hope everyone shows up to pay me back.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:59 PM
^That. There'll be a lot of people who wont run. I know I wont. I dont want to risk leaving a trail of fluids and destruction on a track 4 hours from home. Id be willing to kick in on the track even if I wasnt running but Idk if everyone would.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:44 PM
hope you guys are able to get it.....i secured the local 1/4 track all to ourselves for the local bash..we be running all day

Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:58 AM
so where is this bash going to be at and on what dates???
Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:39 AM
Is this going to happen????? Like transporter said, just set a date because you can't make everyone happy. There were a-lot of guys that were happy with the May and June Idea, I think June myself because school should be out and before most families start going on vacations in July and August. If a track is 2 much to rent, maybe do something else? A-lot of these guy's on here are moving away from J's, going to move away from J's shortly etc so this might be one of the last bashes there is (hope not) These cars are getting up in age, getting rusty (NE ones) etc. Lets just figure out something and get this over with, plenty of people need to have month's notice to get time off and summer will be here soon! Anyways, we ALL know what the bash is about

Let J's live on forever!!!!
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 9:41 PM
Just FYI guys if you guys have it in KY no one from texas is gonna come, they may say they will come but they wont its just to far of a drive, thats 16 hours one way, i would say 10 hours is the tops that our group will drive(austin group) the San Antonio group says they have no problem with KY but a gerantee you if any of them show up it will only be 1 mabey 2 of them. If the show was in Memphis that would put it about 8 to 10 hours from ausin which would be a great central location for everyone. Its your show and your decsion im just giving you my groups point of view, Im not trying to piss any one off or make any enimies. I would really love to attend this event and have wanted to for along time.

Sorry for the spelling errors and grammar errors its been a long day and im tired

Justin

Vice President of Austin Chapter
Gm Tuners of Texas
www.gmtunersoftexas.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search