Bash Damage Claims? - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bash Damage Claims?
Monday, July 30, 2007 9:53 AM
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this but, oh well.

For those of you who had you car damaged during the storm at the Bash like i did, have you made any progress with your claims yet?

I filled out a incident report with the hotel after seeing the damage to my car from a roof shingle from the hotel. I was then told by hotel employees i needed to call the Holiday Inn's general manager Sonny Bivins on Monday (today) to see what their insurance can do for me.

I just called and Sonny was not in yet so i left a detailed message for him and now i am just waiting for a call back to see what we can do next.

Has anyone made any progress yet?

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Re: Bash Damage Claims?
Monday, July 30, 2007 11:48 AM
I called and asked for him/her as well and left a basic message saying my name and number and what it was in regards to, I have yet to get a call back.

But the mourning after the storm I called my insurance on the way to track and told them I wasn't filling a claim but that I wanted to let them know something happened in case the hotel didn't cover it. My insurance called me back today and said they didn't think the insurance for the hotel would over it because the weather isn't there fault, but if I made a claim it would be $100 deductable and no increase in my premiums or anything because its considered wind/hail damage. They gave me 2 local body shops to go to they they deal with dirrectly but there is also a Chevy dealership with a body shop right acrost the street form me.

Estimate from Chevy - $2,352.69
Estimate from Gerber - $2,398.53
Still have to go to the last place, I have an apointment at 3

Monday, July 30, 2007 12:18 PM
Well I just got off the phone with Sonny Bivins the General Manager. He updated me today that he sent off all the paperwork off today. He said what might need to happen is that we make a claim with our insurance company, and then our company and theirs will work it out in the end. I'm not sure I want that, but hey I guess if that is what I need to do. I will get two quotes for this from each place. Cause if I end up doing a claim on my insurance I'm getting everything fixed on the car. I also told Sonny to check out this site and that he could sign up on here to update us, and talk with us if he needs to.

Monday, July 30, 2007 6:24 PM
I'm still waiting for my call from Sonny.......

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Monday, July 30, 2007 7:50 PM
Wow, that sucks guys, but I do see it from their point it's not really their fault, thats something your insurance would cover.

Phewes what happened? I thought yours was saved

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, July 30, 2007 8:20 PM
thats not phewes...in fact, I'm betting phewes isn't even home that little pimp!

Monday, July 30, 2007 8:42 PM
lmao damnit darkstars

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, July 30, 2007 8:54 PM
hahah did you read the little letters at the bottom, while getting the pic of his car I got the GTC in his bling bling wheels hahahah

Monday, July 30, 2007 8:57 PM
i havent called yet. im calling tom. i hope the hotel covers it cause knowing my mother her deductable is through the roof so it wont be worht it to claim.

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Monday, July 30, 2007 10:07 PM
Im gonna call tomorrow too and see. And im going to start going around and getting some estimates on the price to fix all my damages too.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:15 AM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:Wow, that sucks guys, but I do see it from their point it's not really their fault, thats something your insurance would cover.

I'm just hoping they cover it because my car was damaged by a peice of their hotel.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 3:26 AM
yeah, the people who got whacked by tree branches, i could see the hotel saying "tough luck", but those who got damage from shingles, well, those winds might have been bad, but not bad enough where an 1/8 of the roof should have been removed from the building. Its their responsibility to maintain their building and if a piece of it falls off and does damage, they are responsible. If a person had gotten hit with it they would be liable, i don't see a car being any different.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 6:11 AM
Skilz10179 wrote:
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:Wow, that sucks guys, but I do see it from their point it's not really their fault, thats something your insurance would cover.

I'm just hoping they cover it because my car was damaged by a peice of their hotel.

Oh, I see....

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 6:23 AM
I am also still waiting for Sonny to call me back. I got an estimate as well. I personally would rather not go through insurance because then most of my damage comes out of my pocket. I will try to call him again today.

The Festa!
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP & 2006 BMW K 1200 R

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 12:08 PM
Ryan is still waiting on his call as well. Guess we'll see what comes of this. Im glad to know some of you got a response. And that the hotel isnt gonna just say "@!#$ you. tough @!#$"

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 12:53 PM
Bluzip01 wrote:Ryan is still waiting on his call as well. Guess we'll see what comes of this. Im glad to know some of you got a response. And that the hotel isnt gonna just say "@!#$ you. tough @!#$"
Still waiting on a phone call too. I have left 2 messages so far. I also called my insurance company to see what their thoughts were. They dont think the hotel is gonna cover it and look at this as a comp claim. Let the fun begin.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:07 PM
I apologize for the delay with my post, and that I have not had the opportunity to speak with you all personally. As many of you are already aware, I submitted all necessary information regarding the damages to our insuring organization on Monday. At this point in time, I have yet to hear anything from them. As soon as I have more information, I will post it here and attempt to reach everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend of racing and partying. I'm just disappointed something like this had to happen and be a downer. I have not yet read the thread because I wanted to get this posted asap. I will be reading it and any reply to my post should be emailed to me. I will respond to any requests for information or photos as I am made aware. I just hope you'll be patient, and I will keep you all informed as I become informed. Sonny Bivins, GM, EMLP
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 3:57 PM
Thank you for taking the time to register here and give us an update. i got my first quote today and it was 5296.78.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 4:29 PM
wow very sorry to hear that vincent

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 4:47 PM
Holiday Inn Express wrote:I apologize for the delay with my post, and that I have not had the opportunity to speak with you all personally. As many of you are already aware, I submitted all necessary information regarding the damages to our insuring organization on Monday. At this point in time, I have yet to hear anything from them. As soon as I have more information, I will post it here and attempt to reach everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend of racing and partying. I'm just disappointed something like this had to happen and be a downer. I have not yet read the thread because I wanted to get this posted asap. I will be reading it and any reply to my post should be emailed to me. I will respond to any requests for information or photos as I am made aware. I just hope you'll be patient, and I will keep you all informed as I become informed. Sonny Bivins, GM, EMLP
I must say that I am impressed that you signed up on here and posted. That shows to me that you do care. I do not blame you or your staff there Sonny. To be quite honest with you I was impressed on how well all your employees treated me and the others while all the chaos was going on. I also want to tell you to say hi to Johnny. Good guy! I understand you have a business to run and do not have all the answers, but I do ask that you please keep us updated to the best of your knowledge. I would normally agree that this is a comp claim, but with the amount of shingles, I along with others think there are some issues with the building. I could see a few shingles, but not stacks of whole sheets. That is ridiculous. I am working on getting my estimates now, but it looks like show season is over for me for the year. too much damage, too little time.

Regards,

Ryan Egleston (room 320)

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 6:40 PM
Holiday Inn Express wrote:I apologize for the delay with my post, and that I have not had the opportunity to speak with you all personally. As many of you are already aware, I submitted all necessary information regarding the damages to our insuring organization on Monday. At this point in time, I have yet to hear anything from them. As soon as I have more information, I will post it here and attempt to reach everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend of racing and partying. I'm just disappointed something like this had to happen and be a downer. I have not yet read the thread because I wanted to get this posted asap. I will be reading it and any reply to my post should be emailed to me. I will respond to any requests for information or photos as I am made aware. I just hope you'll be patient, and I will keep you all informed as I become informed. Sonny Bivins, GM, EMLP

Yes, big kudos on registering here, seriously, very very nice.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 10:00 AM
Quote:

Yes, big kudos on registering here, seriously, very very nice.

X2

The same goes for Dragway 42

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 10:50 AM
Today (8-1), I received a voicemail from a Matt at Frankenmuth Insurance. He did not go into detail, but it seems he will be contacting everyone individually because he asked me for further information regarding some of you. I'll keep everyone posted as more information becomes available.
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 11:12 AM
Holiday Inn Express wrote:Today (8-1), I received a voicemail from a Matt at Frankenmuth Insurance. He did not go into detail, but it seems he will be contacting everyone individually because he asked me for further information regarding some of you. I'll keep everyone posted as more information becomes available.
Thank you for the update Sonny.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 11:19 AM
Holiday Inn Express wrote:Today (8-1), I received a voicemail from a Matt at Frankenmuth Insurance. He did not go into detail, but it seems he will be contacting everyone individually because he asked me for further information regarding some of you. I'll keep everyone posted as more information becomes available.
Thank you again for the update and the phone call with the info you needed from me. I hope to hear from Frankenmuth Insurance soon about everything. I'm going to go get another quote here tomorrow. I'm also going to be calling my insurance to make sure they are aware of everything. Also I'm glad you took the time to follow the directions I told you this site. It really helps keep everyone in the loop.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search