2008 Date/Track negotiations! nice track is affordable!!!! - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2008 Date/Track negotiations! nice track is affordable!!!!
Monday, November 12, 2007 9:56 AM
Well guys, I just got off the phone with Norwalk Dragway, or now dubbed "Summit Racing Motorsports park"

This is a very fast track, and without a doubt, one of if not THEE nicest in ohio. It's paved all the way into the track. Now this is a quote at last year's rates, so they'll change, but I at least have a ballpark.

Insured, both lanes (that was extra believe it or not haha) all the staff to run the tree/slips and whatnot...came to $2,080 if we stay under 61 cars. Last year we had 45 cars racing, so if we double, the price would be $2,160. The biggest catch is, we would have to race on a friday. I know this create a lot of scheduling issues, however, a lot of people were here on friday for last year's show.

So what do you guys think, 400 bucks more, race on friday vs saturday on a MUCH nicer track. Glue to the 330' mark btw, I didn't see the need for glue to 1/8 or 1/4.

INPUT PEOPLE!!! based on this...approx 50/car@40 cars pays for this track, but, some funds from showing will help with this cost, so i might be able to drop it to like 30 with the funds from show entry. If we can get 80 people racing, now you're down to 25/car not including show entry.

Comments???

Re: 2008 Date/Track negotiations! nice track is affordable!!!!
Monday, November 12, 2007 10:27 AM
What would you guys think of staying in Ashland again as well.
According to google maps, city to city...Ashland to Norwalk is 30.9 miles, about 45 mins.

Just because of last year's great customer service and all the event that occurred.., staying there again would def. be a possibility. They were extremely hospitable.

and no, i wasnt there, just helping paul get some info out lol
but i guess i do know a little about the city

Monday, November 12, 2007 10:43 AM
Well, seeing as how me, the Skwirl, and crew left NJ at about 3:30am and got to the hotel by about 2-3pm, I'd say we could probably make it, although both of us would prefer to hold off on the racing until saturday... But if thats the only catch we could probably live with it.

PJ says, and I quote (he's standing next to me right now); "If we could make that happen I would PERSONALLY pay $1000".... so there you go Paul

Even though my J is unlikely to be ready to make the trip by then, I'd still have no problem paying into the reg or whatever. Its just like I used to post in the old Bash threads, if it means we get to keep having a Bash, and make it better, I'm cool with paying more.

Would this mean we're the only ones on the track that night, period? Or does this just get us to have our own set lanes and our own separate race in between other groups there?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, November 12, 2007 11:27 AM
This would be like years of past, having a private rental, only us there.

As of now, their schedule isn't set for next year, and I'm on the list of people to call regarding the schedule. So I'm expecting that call sometime before year's end or January at the latest.

This is the ONLY catch so far, this is at last year's rate as well, so it could increase a little but its a ballpark.

PJ you rock man, but I don't think I could take 1000 bucks from ya lol.

If it boils down to friday racing at this track, I will get the latest 4 hour segment I can get, to allow as much time as possible for everyone to get here, and be ready to race. Glad to hear jersey J's will be returning, really enjoyed talkin to you guys!

Monday, November 12, 2007 11:37 AM
I will be there with the Jersey J's and I will be running as well hopefully under both autox and on the strip ... Since I wasnt there last year I really cant say what i thought about the other track but either way its about having fun for me...

Monday, November 12, 2007 11:45 AM
WTH I was told about $5000 grand when I called last winter. I'm glad the prices are better. I'll be there, and I will make Friday work next time.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, November 12, 2007 11:49 AM
-MD- LD9 wrote:WTH I was told about $5000 grand when I called last winter. I'm glad the prices are better. I'll be there, and I will make Friday work next time.

thats what i was told too lol. Last year I didn't even bother checking cuz I knew it would be high, this year I said WTH why not try it? glad I did! lol We need as many people as possible so its a little cheaper for everyone! also we're not fighting mid ohio for hotel pricing, so hotels should be cheaper too

Monday, November 12, 2007 5:57 PM
I have personally raced on both tracks.....

norwalk is a kick arse facility, but i usually go to 42 because of track time.....

getting our own use would be nice... but 42's hospitality helps them too...

you might be asking which is my choice?

I dunno, but I do know I'll be there wherever it is

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Monday, November 12, 2007 6:06 PM
Hope to have the 02 there this year. Regardless of the track I will be chipping in my money. A nice track would be preferred though.

Monday, November 12, 2007 6:10 PM
I'll be there either way, do what you want, I have vacation time

Monday, November 12, 2007 7:32 PM
well...if I can secure norwalk, I think I'm gonna go ahead with it.

Monday, November 12, 2007 8:25 PM
Depending on gas prices, and how much money I have saved for the bash, I might venture to bring the Stang... but 10mpg at best is a TERRIBLE thing for a 1k mile hike.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

The Redneck wrote:my 88 camaro is on blocks trying to become a race car,
redneck is a state of mind

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:42 AM
I would pay the extra for norwalk but the problem is that i most likely wont able to get the time off. Just started a new job. As soon as you get dates post em. I'll go from there. Rock on Paul

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:51 AM
If I remember in past bashes ( 99-02 ) we raced Friday afternoon and had the show on Saturday

Either way, I willing to pay a little extra for Norwalk. I already have the vacation time booked

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:53 AM
I just hope I can attend next year, don't really care what track, it has to be better than what we have up here.

Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore
raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 2:52 PM
raven wrote:I just hope I can attend next year, don't really care what track, it has to be better than what we have up here.

if darren can, you can do it!!!!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 5:54 PM
Thats cool with Me Paul.. Ill be trailering my car to the bash next year so I dont mind racing on Friday

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 6:27 PM
well david, im talkin to national trails too..lol

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:36 AM
Darkstars wrote:I'll be there either way, do what you want, I have vacation time

ditto. not sure how the boss will like it. if it's last weekend of july, i'll be just getting back from bein out the office for 3 days for a meetin in milwaukee for work.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 5:38 PM
s1lver_N1p wrote:
Darkstars wrote:I'll be there either way, do what you want, I have vacation time

ditto. not sure how the boss will like it. if it's last weekend of july, i'll be just getting back from bein out the office for 3 days for a meetin in milwaukee for work.

when you gonna be in milwaukee?

/end threadjacking...

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:11 PM
any more updates or potential places youve researched?

D I X O N FOR H E I S M A N!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:11 PM
national trails. doesnt that cut an hour off my trip? hmmm lol either way as long as im not in any accidents i'll probably show up friday even though i wont be racing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:20 PM
Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:53 PM
sndsgood wrote:national trails. doesnt that cut an hour off my trip? hmmm lol either way as long as im not in any accidents i'll probably show up friday even though i wont be racing.

already in negotiations with national trails. if they can go on saturday, and the pricing is similar, I intend to go that route. I've contacted almost every track in ohio lol. National trails and norwalk are the main 2 I am interested in.

Friday, November 16, 2007 1:11 PM
i would b willin 2 pay more for norwalk. personally i think its 10x better overall than 42. its a better facility and it has way better track conditions. either way it works 4 me and ill deff b racing whether its friday or sat.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search