bash dyno vids - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bash dyno vids
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:38 PM
my sedan on the dyno...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4S0KPKDvlY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmpWX1cejew

oldskool's 307 whp pull
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j2fFT6t_pg

i'll post more as I get them uploaded... feel free to post any you may have gotten as well.

Re: bash dyno vids
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:52 PM
Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:28 AM
Sweet, I did not have my camera with me at that point so I never got it on video.

FU Tuning

Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:47 AM
wow some good vids and some really nice pulls

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:55 AM
We have to add 10% to all pulls to equal Dyno Jet numbers. I was even told 18% but I think that might be a little high.

FU Tuning

Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:59 AM
Dangit.....makes me wish I would have dyno'ed That was a nice facility too.

Thursday, August 12, 2010 5:24 AM
Yummy vids!

Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:We have to add 10% to all pulls to equal Dyno Jet numbers. I was even told 18% but I think that might be a little high.
I would be happy with 307 on a dyno jet, but adding another 10% to that? 337-ish whp? That also means qwibby would be at 271whp on a stock block holy sh1t lol.

Thursday, August 12, 2010 5:32 AM
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:Yummy vids!

Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:We have to add 10% to all pulls to equal Dyno Jet numbers. I was even told 18% but I think that might be a little high.
I would be happy with 307 on a dyno jet, but adding another 10% to that? 337-ish whp? That also means qwibby would be at 271whp on a stock block holy sh1t lol.

Yes, but I know it can handle it. Too bad we did not find out what 14psi would have made on a Ecotec that day.

I feel the 10% is right because I made 208whp on a dynojet in Fl this year with stock crank pulley. I'm now on a OS crank pulley and also more meth so adding 10% to my numbers would be 219.67whp.That is right around where I thought I would be on this setup.

Need to get my buddy's GXP on the dyno so we can compare to your numbers. I ran a 13.50 in it last year so should be close to your numbers.

FU Tuning

Thursday, August 12, 2010 6:11 AM
Mmmm qwibby on 14psi - ::drool::

There are stock turbo'd kapps (and cobalts) in the high 12s, so i don't doubt it. They run slicks and know how to drive though lol i don't. Just having fun.

Thursday, August 12, 2010 6:25 AM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:Yummy vids!

Yes, but I know it can handle it. Too bad we did not find out what 14psi would have made on a Ecotec that day.

I feel the 10% is right because I made 208whp on a dynojet in Fl this year with stock crank pulley. I'm now on a OS crank pulley and also more meth so adding 10% to my numbers would be 219.67whp.That is right around where I thought I would be on this setup.

Need to get my buddy's GXP on the dyno so we can compare to your numbers. I ran a 13.50 in it last year so should be close to your numbers.
The % difference all depends on weather conditions and how hard the dyno is "loaded".... Based on throwing multiple cars on our DD then on a Dyno Jet with no other changes at all, we found that ours reads 18% lower....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, August 12, 2010 7:32 AM
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:Mmmm qwibby on 14psi - ::drool::

There are stock turbo'd kapps (and cobalts) in the high 12s, so i don't doubt it. They run slicks and know how to drive though lol i don't. Just having fun.

I was talking about Roberts car. lol. It was not until the drive from the show to the hotel that we finally had the tune safe enough.

FU Tuning

Thursday, August 12, 2010 8:23 AM
once i got my motor ready to go in I'll tune to 14 psi

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:03 AM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:once i got my motor ready to go in I'll tune to 14 psi

Why not 20??

FU Tuning

Thursday, August 12, 2010 12:45 PM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:once i got my motor ready to go in I'll tune to 14 psi

Why not 20??
LOL... I remember when running anything over 8psi was BIG!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, August 12, 2010 7:24 PM

Why not 20??

why not 46?

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Thursday, August 12, 2010 8:36 PM
Nice Videos! Excellent numbers btw
Thursday, August 12, 2010 8:44 PM
Nice vids!

Supercharged 2002 Cavalier Z24
J-Body / GM TUNER Bash Veteran
Friday, August 13, 2010 7:43 AM
Hey i will run 46psi just cuz . . . . he he he he

i would be scared if i were you

-Ben
Friday, August 13, 2010 1:56 PM
RedCavalac wrote:Dangit.....makes me wish I would have dyno'ed That was a nice facility too.

Hell, I am still impressed at your times at the track in SNOW TIRES!!!

QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:

Why not 20??
LOL... I remember when running anything over 8psi was BIG!

True, I remember those times.....now look how far we come

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LG0/LD9 for Life
Sunday, August 15, 2010 7:35 PM
Ben Wenzel Jr wrote:Hey i will run 46psi just cuz . . . . he he he he

i would be scared if i were you

-Ben

Quiet yourself Wen Benzel. Or the Pedobear sticker will come back.

Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:11 PM
Blwn LD9 wrote:
RedCavalac wrote:Dangit.....makes me wish I would have dyno'ed That was a nice facility too.

Hell, I am still impressed at your times at the track in SNOW TIRES!!!

Thanks, getting the hookup on a set of slicks hopefully so no more snow tires lol.

Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:56 PM
im done with dynos, only number I care about now is a 12

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search