wynn's engine tune-up? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wynn's engine tune-up?
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 4:15 PM
Just looking to see if anyone tried the wynns engine tune-up in there j-body.
Its a can of additive that you add to your oil to
-quite noisy hydraulic valve lifters
-free sticking oil rings
-free sticking valves
-improve engine performnace
repower slugish engines

says it tunes your engine while you drive, just add entire contents to your crankcase
Anyone try this product?????, i am kind of afraid to add anything to my oil, as i never did before and i dont want anything to happen to my engine; but i am sure its safe and wont do any damage, can only do good i guess; and i have a 2200 so i could use something,lol...
I guess i dont have to do an oil change or anything right away like seafoam; just add it to oil and drive her everyday as the stuff works...

98 j-body sedan

Re: wynn's engine tune-up?
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 5:47 PM
first question: WHY do you think you need it?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, March 05, 2009 8:42 AM
^^^^Because i have a 2200, LOL... and when its cold it sounds like @!#$ until the engine warms up and then it sounds great, but when she is sitting say out side all day at work in the cold; then i start it up to leave you can hear like ticking and @!#$ for the first few minutes until the engine warms up; then its gone; i am assuming i have some of the above mentioned symptoms ...
I figured trying a additive could only help right?...

Anyone try this, or know another good products to quite old girls down,lol
Thanks

98 j-body sedan

Thursday, March 05, 2009 10:06 AM
change your oil with a good quality oil (pennzoil or gtx for conventional, mobil 1 or syntec for synthetic) and a good filter (this means DO NOT USE frams). NO oil manufacturer recommends using any oil additive. valvetrain noise CANNOT be remedied with any pour in product. noise is generally indicative of worn parts. worn doesnt necessarily mean bad, it just means worn. want to get rid of the noise? replace the parts.

this link will have everything you'll ever want to know about oil/filters/additives.

Thursday, March 05, 2009 9:02 PM
the LN2 is a noise-maker. Mine has had the infamous LN2 "tick" since Ive owned it. When started in the cold, it sounds like a knock but it's fine.

As for oil changes, Mine gets valvoline "max-life" oil, and an ACDelco filter.

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member
Saturday, March 07, 2009 8:35 AM
seriously fram filters are no good? i always get the fram touch guard fileter, easy to remove......
I put in castrol gtx most of the time, sometimes i use castrol high mieledge.
Thanks for the help; next oil change i will try a different filter and a good conventional oil.....
Thanks everyone...

98 j-body sedan

Friday, June 08, 2012 3:09 PM
DO NOT USE Wynns engine tune-up!!!!! It blew up my engine and now I'm the process for a lawsuit cause they dont care about helping!
Friday, June 08, 2012 6:16 PM
Mar L wrote:DO NOT USE Wynns engine tune-up!!!!! It blew up my engine and now I'm the process for a lawsuit cause they dont care about helping!

prove it.

Saturday, June 16, 2012 9:01 PM
the dealership i work at carrys a brand called B&G, most dealerships carry it, their oil addative is called MOA, its expensive but i have seen the rep do demos of it and it works, every oil change i do i just pour a can of it in.
Monday, June 18, 2012 7:20 AM
wynns just a cash grab. Just like people listed in here. Just use a good quality motor oil and filter.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search