Broken Fuel Line, Main Line from tank to Front of car, Repair? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Broken Fuel Line, Main Line from tank to Front of car, Repair?
Friday, April 10, 2009 9:00 PM
So I want to replace my Fuel tank today(horribly rusted+ has a hole in it) and decided to replace my fuel filter also. As soon as I touched the filter the steel line was so rusted in snapped and started leaking. So Now replacing the whole steel line looks like a retarded huge task, the line is only rusted about 1ft up from the back. Should I Cut and Run a steel braided line up to the tank and use a 240 fuel filter (Clamp style not the damn screw on)

Any better repairs? Anyone know how much the OEM metal line costs to replace?

Re: Broken Fuel Line, Main Line from tank to Front of car, Repair?
Friday, April 10, 2009 9:33 PM
You can get a section of line and a flare kit. Cost ya about $20. Its easier to do than you would think. You can also just use rubber line but I wouldn't suggest it.

Friday, April 10, 2009 9:49 PM
Yea, I would like to replace the whole thing, but I don't see where I can get a pre-bent line like that.
This sucks ass, I just dumped ALL my cash into a new pair of doors, new gas tank, new Tail light and filler panel, and a new clutch, all this week.

FARK! Auto zone tomorrow!

Saturday, April 11, 2009 9:47 AM
Last time I quoted a customer it was $100 for the brake/fuel lines that go from the back to the front. That was from the dealer.

Saturday, April 11, 2009 10:04 PM
For all of them? @!#$ I might just do that!

To add on, Ended up using high pressure Fuel hose to fix it and used a Filter for a 240SX. Gave it a test drive, thought it was still leaking. Turned out to be effing brake fluid, one of my rear brakelines snapped too. They are ALL rusted nearly in half.

Sunday, April 12, 2009 6:02 PM
Rust Sucks!

FOR SALE
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 5:18 PM
$126.60 after Tax, Just ordered the full set from GM...Sucky Part will be re-bleeding my entire rear brakelines...

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 5:27 PM
Chazz with the Camera(SpyWiz) wrote:$126.60 after Tax, Just ordered the full set from GM...Sucky Part will be re-bleeding my entire rear brakelines...

is this for the fuel lines of the brake lines? hell for that price i need to replace mine too? please explain what you ordered.

Thursday, March 11, 2010 4:01 AM
any 1 have a part number for these? cant find em on gmpartsdirect anywhere.
Thursday, March 11, 2010 1:28 PM
I just replaced mine for the exact same reason as the OP, it crumbled while taking the filter off...

My mechanic couldnt get the pre-bent metal lines from GM, discontinued... thats for a 99 in canada anyways..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search