Power steering noise/foamy fluid - Page 2 - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Power steering noise/foamy fluid
Saturday, December 04, 2010 2:44 PM
whatever guys, im MY OPINION, i dont care what you think, i use atf in my OWN cars, but enough about me. ok MR.GM i never said you could use any freaking hydraulic fluid in any old way, all i said was i use atf in my ps system, thats it, it works for me thats all. i would never take anything to either of you guys to fix because you are know it alls and both of your attitudes suck, i could just imagine what you are really like in real life, dicks. as for this site im done with it there are simply to many jerk offs on it that think they are all tough on the internet, moderators if you watching maybe you should look at other posts that these guys have been on and see that they tend to start lots of arguments with other peoples opinions, so long j body.org

Monday, December 06, 2010 4:13 PM
^^^^^ BAWHAHAHAHAAHAHA WOW. So, let me get this straight. Since you were proven to be wrong, and didnt have tons of people coming in a backing you up, ur saying were dicks??? Actually here and in real life (Ask the many people who have met me and they will verify) im probably one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. But when I know im right I stick to my guns. But hey have a great time buddy. Im not mad at you, nor will I ever be. Even if I met u in real life, I would still talk to you and be friendly to you, bc I dont take the interwebz seriously. Either way. Good Day

Thursday, December 09, 2010 10:40 AM
Walter, all because something works for you doesn't mean it is right. I drive 15 to 20 MPH over the speed limit, regularly. Does that mean I'm right for doing so? Probably not. You're giving bad advice to someone trying to fix a problem, and they're not going ot know if the problem is fixed correctly if they don't put the correct fluids in it. So good on you if your way works for you, but the right way is the way it was designed by the manufacturer. And I personally think if GM says that the recommended fluid for a power steering system is power steering fluid, then that is what I am putting in my car as well as my customer's cars. If for some reason I should put anything other than power steering fluid in my power steering system, and any components of that system that may be under warranty should fail, then my warranty is void due to the wrond fluid being used. Just something to think about. Keep in mind, there are consequences to everything, some good and some bad. In my personal and professional opinion, using ATF in a power steering system that calls for power steering fluid can and will have bad consequences later.

As far as me being a dick in real life, a lot of people think so when it comes to their money and their cars. I have the credentials that give me the right to do so. A lot of people bring me their car problems because they know that by me being as big a dick about their money and how meticulous I am about fixing their car right, that they aren't going to have to bring their car back for repeat repairs. Sometimes you have to be a dick. Believe me, I'm all about saving people money, especially in today's economy. And by half-assing repairs, I would just be costing them more. Speaking of half-assing, I won't touch a customers car if that is all they want me to do. I only put band-aids on my own cars when necessary. I won't open myself up for a lawsuit like that. I might have a reputation as a dick, but I earned that, in several states. And those that think I'm a dick are the ones who bring their cars back to me or call me for advice time and time again, because like I said earlier, they know their car will be fixed right the first time.

I would like to apologize to you though. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, and your credibility should any of your customers visit this forum and see what is going on with this particular post. But as I stated earlier, you can't go wrong with doing things the right way, especially if you're doing it for someone else. And to give wrongful advice to someone that wants their cars fixed without the possibility of having re-occuring problems, is exactly that, WRONG. So I admire your opinion, just know that I wouldn't recommend your shop to anyone and I certainly wouldn't bring my car to you.

I would also like to wish you good luck. I would like for it to be known that I am not mad at you either. If we ever do meet, and it's not about doing work to your car, you would never know you met me, because I'm not always a dick, just when it comes to money, and saving a lot down the road as opposed to a couple right now. Again, good luck and thanks for the good laugh.

Some people have brain storms, others light drizzles. And then there are those that have droughts.
Wednesday, November 05, 2014 9:49 AM
i know this is a old post but its never to late for an education if you have never heard of ATF being used for power steering fluid here it is strait from the 2001 ford focus owner's guide factory recommendation MERCON ATF
Wednesday, November 05, 2014 9:53 AM
i know this is a old post but its never to late for an education if they have never heard of ATF being used for power steering fluid here it is strait from the 2001 ford focus owner's guide factory recommendation MERCON ATF
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search