DTC P0340 Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Circuit Malfunction - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DTC P0340 Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Circuit Malfunction
Thursday, March 17, 2011 4:39 PM
I have this code throwing on my 2003 Pointiac Sunfire. Just purchased car today so as of yet I have no mechanical knowledge of them. If anyone would like to help me I would definitely appreciate it. Another code thrown is P0171, which is "Running too lean" and if I'm correct is because of this sensor... Dealer said they would fix it tomorrow if I knew what was wrong with it (buy here pay here grrr).

How much should I expect to pay to get this fixed? Where is this sensor? Thanks in advance and I look forward to posting here,hopefully under better circumstances. Only reason I got this car is because a Durango pulled out in front of me Monday morning and totaled my Neon

Re: DTC P0340 Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Circuit Malfunction
Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:01 PM
I've been doing some research and cannot find ANY information on this...

Is there something that I don't know? Could this be a distributor problem?

I can't find any information on a Camshaft Position Sensor for a 2003. Is there even one in this engine?

What else might cause this problem? I really don't want to have to take this to a dealer seeing as I won't have to pay much of anything at all since I just bought it.
Friday, March 18, 2011 5:57 AM
Anyone?
Saturday, March 19, 2011 5:22 PM
I don't understand why nobody has responded to this. It's the only post that hasn't been answered and it's been up for like three days. The CEL is only on sometimes. Half the time I start my car and it's not on. Does anyone know anything about this?
Sunday, December 27, 2015 12:08 PM
I have same code. Odd. Car runs great but had ths code for a year cant figure it out or tune it out...

Sunday, December 27, 2015 9:53 PM
The eco does not have a cam sensor but try swapping spark plugs and take a look at your coils.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search