computer or bad wire? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
computer or bad wire?
Thursday, June 06, 2013 6:26 AM
Can some one give me a hint on what they think? I have a 1998 sunfire with 2.2 5 speed trans. I love the car but it has 3 electrical things going on. First ABS light is on and wene I checked the fuse under the hood 2amp one has no power on either side of it. The o2 sensor is showing a code but that one is a easy fix the kid I bought it from cut the cat out and cut the wire to the o2 sensor. the big problem is the temp gage wont work I put a new sensor in and the one time I was able to get a 3 volt reading but nothing after that the repair shop is saying it looks like it need a new computer! The car runs great so it seam right that it needs a computer to me. Can any one help me find a good why to check out this? I am ok as a mechanic but not real good with these new computer cars.

Re: computer or bad wire?
Wednesday, December 24, 2014 12:31 PM
i am having similar problem replaced teh sending unit wiring to the computer instrument cluster when it is hot it will hard start then misfinre till i clear it out like a 2 stroke that idled too long then it runs fine did you figure your problem out yet?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search