***ENGINE SWAP*** - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
***ENGINE SWAP***
Saturday, July 06, 2013 6:30 PM
Hello there im a new user to this website and to a j-body car

i just got a 98 sunfire but the engine is all F@#$ and i found a 99 sunfire 2.4 LD9 engine wich is almost the same as mine.

my main concern is the following:

*what parts do i keep from my car?
*what parts do i switch from the 99 to my 98?
*what mods or adjusments i will need to make?

I will be more than happy and glad if all of u folks can provide me with a piece of info and all the necesary advise that i will need so i can get this baby back on her wheels.

Thanks in advance!

Re: ***ENGINE SWAP***
Monday, July 08, 2013 6:41 PM
Use everything for. Your bad motor.

FU Tuning

Friday, July 12, 2013 8:55 PM
99 doesnt have any of the egr stuff does it and the intake manifold doesnt have the hose that recirculates a bit of exhaust gas back in
Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:37 AM
I have to change my 1999 out. I believe they don't have an EGR in most all made that year. Mine doesn't and while looking for an engine I found that the sellers will advert "No EGR". Some will have an EGR and some won't. What I was told is that if you didn't have an EGR and the new one does, you have to plug the EGR holes and/or possibly have to reprogram the computer. Since the engines come with the EGR hole in them, even when and EGR is not used, you should be able to hook it up. Go find a buddy who is a mechanic to let you know or wing it.
Sunday, September 15, 2013 4:46 PM
I gotta question, I know I'm a newbie but I could not find anything online, but I got 98 cavalier 2.2 l the newer style.. Anyways motor junk but I got a 2.2 out of 97 cavalier motor look a little different especial as far as harness.. Is there anyway I can make it work? Any advice will e great. Thanks!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search