Fan not working need help - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fan not working need help
Sunday, July 28, 2013 2:46 PM
Ok so yesterday I was in my 98 chevy cavailer z24 and the ac unit kept kicking on and if thinking that it only needed a recharge I soon realized the fan was not working at all so today I jumped the fan and the fan would not come on while I am at it replacing the fan that is I would like to change the coolant temp sensor but I honestly don't know where its located cause this is the first one I have had to change and also a first to own a z24... if u have any pics that would help also a brief description would too thanks..

Re: Fan not working need help
Monday, July 29, 2013 2:43 PM
It is on the driverside of the head. You will find a plastic junction where the coolant hose and a few other things connect, the temp sensor screws into this junction.

FU Tuning

Saturday, August 03, 2013 11:39 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:It is on the driverside of the head. You will find a plastic junction where the coolant hose and a few other things connect, the temp sensor screws into this junction.

This ^ and make sure not to overtighten it or you'll crack the water outlet. Also might throw some teflo tape on the threads of the new sensor before you install it.
Saturday, August 03, 2013 2:37 PM
Both these people are correct, while changing it make sure you have patience. I spend 30 minutes getting that thing out and I tell you I don't have small hands so it wasn't the best experience and I just wanted to punch a baby. Maybe I didn't have the right tools but ya, patience. Also true story on the over tightening, literally a month later that plastic housing started leaking. $15 plastic housing, stupid design. Mine came wrapped with Teflon tape already.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search