inner rear tire wear - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
inner rear tire wear
Sunday, August 11, 2013 12:21 AM
i really need some help i have a 99 cavalier rs coupe and the previous owners whom had the car rolled it into a ditch on the drivers side everything still works on the car ive done countless performance repairs but im stumped when ever im going at high speeds (between 60-70) back drivers side wheel starts knocking real hard like its going to snap off and when i driving in the city the same wheel makes a knocking sound when i go over bumps i bought the car last year and it wasnt happening it recently started doing this a couple months ago and ive replaced both the rear hubs and drums but ive noticed last month that the rear drivers side wheel is sitting like this ( / ) can anyone help me with this i do all repairs on my own because a shop charges up the ass.

Re: inner rear tire wear
Sunday, August 11, 2013 12:50 AM
Check your shocks and shock mounts I would say.
Sunday, August 11, 2013 1:41 AM
i have done that they are great but also one thing i forgot to mention is when im on a road that curves as im turning and i hit a bump my back end shifts
Sunday, August 11, 2013 1:51 AM
Probably the axle is bent or bushings are bad. Could also be the car is twisted.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Sunday, August 11, 2013 1:57 AM
The accident probably bent the trailing arm.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search